Visited Leisure Line Yesterday

Visited Leisure Line Yesterday

PostBy: kstills On: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:19 am

And spent about 2 hours with Dave talking about the 110 coal hot water boiler.

I want to thank Dave to take time out of his busy day to explain the finer points of the boiler to me, as the construction and operation were of great concern to me (having never burned coal before, and having many installers question my wisdom). This boiler is a really ingenious marriage of a very efficient oil boiler with a very simple and easy to use coal feed burner.

I was impressed. :up:

And if anyone has not had the pleasure of talking with either Dave or Matt, please take the time to do so. A nicer, more knowledgeable pair of business owners would be harder to find, and I wish them the best of luck with this venture.

Oh, and if you're thinking of buying a stove, buy early....business will undoubtedly be brisk this year with oil back over 100/bbl. :)
kstills
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line

Re: Visited Leisure Line Yesterday

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:14 am

Sounds good-kstills, if you fill out your avatar, I promise,nobody'll steal ya--have you made up your mind on which unit you think you're going to go with?? Yes,the boiler units are real nice if you don't have the power outages I have on the hill here & NO, I don't want to hook up a generator toothy
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Visited Leisure Line Yesterday

PostBy: kstills On: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:28 am

freetown fred wrote:Sounds good-kstills, if you fill out your avatar, I promise,nobody'll steal ya--have you made up your mind on which unit you think you're going to go with?? Yes,the boiler units are real nice if you don't have the power outages I have on the hill here & NO, I don't want to hook up a generator toothy


I'll be buying the 110k boiler. Small footprint, lots of heat, should be a perfect fit for my home.

Long term, I'll convert my fuel oil storage to diesel storage ;) and pick up a diesel generator. That'll protect me from power outages and keep the house going for about 30 days or so.

I'd love to put a 40ton coal bin out back, I have a lot of room, but that's a big undertaking for me right now. We'll see as time goes by. One thing is for sure, the price of oil isn't going to get a whole lot cheaper from here on out. It's spiked on the ME problems, but even if it falls back, it will still stay in the ~95bbl range.

And that just makes PA coal (and PA boilers!) all that more desirable. :)
kstills
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line

Visit Leisure Line Stove

Re: Visited Leisure Line Yesterday

PostBy: daveuz On: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:00 pm

Did you see the 220K? If so , what did you think of that unit? That one is coal only and priced at ____ ?
daveuz
 

Re: Visited Leisure Line Yesterday

PostBy: Matthaus On: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:55 pm

daveuz wrote:Did you see the 220K? If so , what did you think of that unit? That one is coal only and priced at ____ ?

Oil only for now but I have a unit that is being set up for waste oil and coal simultaneously for testing purposes (this unit will run oil almost non stop due to the location and load).

Price is projected for $4,500 retail or so, possibly higher if the price of steel keep going where it is! :mad: (thanks China!)
Matthaus
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel, natural gas
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite

Re: Visited Leisure Line Yesterday

PostBy: kstills On: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Matthaus wrote:
daveuz wrote:Did you see the 220K? If so , what did you think of that unit? That one is coal only and priced at ____ ?

Oil only for now but I have a unit that is being set up for waste oil and coal simultaneously for testing purposes (this unit will run oil almost non stop due to the location and load).

Price is projected for $4,500 retail or so, possibly higher if the price of steel keep going where it is! :mad: (thanks China!)



I can donate an old car, if that helps keep the price down. :lol:
kstills
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line

Re: Visited Leisure Line Yesterday

PostBy: freetown fred On: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:52 pm

Sounds like a good plan--so when are you picking the pretty lady up--remember,buy early ;) as for the BIN--you can always start smaller & add on
kstills wrote:
freetown fred wrote:Sounds good-kstills, if you fill out your avatar, I promise,nobody'll steal ya--have you made up your mind on which unit you think you're going to go with?? Yes,the boiler units are real nice if you don't have the power outages I have on the hill here & NO, I don't want to hook up a generator toothy


I'll be buying the 110k boiler. Small footprint, lots of heat, should be a perfect fit for my home.

Long term, I'll convert my fuel oil storage to diesel storage ;) and pick up a diesel generator. That'll protect me from power outages and keep the house going for about 30 days or so.

I'd love to put a 40ton coal bin out back, I have a lot of room, but that's a big undertaking for me right now. We'll see as time goes by. One thing is for sure, the price of oil isn't going to get a whole lot cheaper from here on out. It's spiked on the ME problems, but even if it falls back, it will still stay in the ~95bbl range.

And that just makes PA coal (and PA boilers!) all that more desirable. :)
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Visited Leisure Line Yesterday

PostBy: kstills On: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:27 am

freetown fred wrote:Sounds like a good plan--so when are you picking the pretty lady up--remember,buy early ;) as for the BIN--you can always start smaller & add on
kstills wrote:
freetown fred wrote:Sounds good-kstills, if you fill out your avatar, I promise,nobody'll steal ya--have you made up your mind on which unit you think you're going to go with?? Yes,the boiler units are real nice if you don't have the power outages I have on the hill here & NO, I don't want to hook up a generator toothy


I'll be buying the 110k boiler. Small footprint, lots of heat, should be a perfect fit for my home.

Long term, I'll convert my fuel oil storage to diesel storage ;) and pick up a diesel generator. That'll protect me from power outages and keep the house going for about 30 days or so.

I'd love to put a 40ton coal bin out back, I have a lot of room, but that's a big undertaking for me right now. We'll see as time goes by. One thing is for sure, the price of oil isn't going to get a whole lot cheaper from here on out. It's spiked on the ME problems, but even if it falls back, it will still stay in the ~95bbl range.

And that just makes PA coal (and PA boilers!) all that more desirable. :)


The plan is to have it installed by the last week of March, first week of April. I'm getting bids now for the install, ranging from day rates of 950.00 (estimated one day installation) to 4228.00 :shock: .

Looks like the price will be around 1500, right where Matt said initially.
kstills
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line

Re: Visited Leisure Line Yesterday

PostBy: freetown fred On: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:17 am

Outstanding, don't be bashful w/ the pix. toothy Holy crap,my 4X4 pick up,Hitzer stove & a seasons worth of NUT cost about that much. :eek2:
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Visited Leisure Line Yesterday

PostBy: kstills On: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:27 am

freetown fred wrote:Outstanding, don't be bashful w/ the pix. toothy Holy crap,my 4X4 pick up,Hitzer stove & a seasons worth of NUT cost about that much. :eek2:


Yeah, tell me about it.

I'm at a loss to explain the discrepancy in bids, but two of them were north of 3k for just taking the old boiler, moving it ten feet, and putting the new boiler in. Which seemed high to me. :? Access to everything is excellant, and I even allowed them to keep the old unit in the basement instead of humping it up the stairs.

Anyhow, I just tried to put a deposit on the unit, but my contact has the day off. :mad: Tomorrow, I guess.

BTW Matt, if you're listening, how are those installation instructions coming? :P
kstills
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line

Re: Visited Leisure Line Yesterday

PostBy: Matthaus On: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:51 pm

kstills wrote:snip... BTW Matt, if you're listening, how are those installation instructions coming? :P


Soon, soon! :roll:
Matthaus
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel, natural gas
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite

Re: Visited Leisure Line Yesterday

PostBy: jpen1 On: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Somethings can't be rushed right Matt. Talk about discrepencies. I had estimates on a new roof. I spect'd the shingles by brand color and year rating and the bids ranged from $4,000 to $ 14,000 for the same materials being installed and removed :wtf:
jpen1
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: 110 Boiler

Visit Leisure Line Stove