Convection Motor Speed

Convection Motor Speed

PostBy: NH Fire Dog On: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:27 pm

[code][/code]

Is there a way possibly by changing CFT Min or Max to have the blower motor speed increased automatically . I have an air vent ducted upstairs, and it is working pretty good, as long as I increase the speed, and then when the stove cools down, I have to manually back off the FSM. Right now the temperature of the air flowing from my register is 160 but the fan is barely blowing on FSA.
What can I do to the CFT to make the convection fan speed up? I have been reading past posts and most want to back it off, but I want to increase it with out having to walk down stairs every hour and adjust up or down.
NH Fire Dog
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hearth

Re: Convection Motor Speed

PostBy: 2001Sierra On: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:51 pm

Do a search on CFT, there are a lot of good discussions about the values. CFT has a minumum setting to get the fan running as the feed rate increases to remove heat from the stove, they do mention a maximum setting but it really is the relationship of the feed rate to CFT, it is mentioned maximum is 30 which means the CFT will not kick on until the feed rate is 30. I do not believe there is a CFT max rate as it runs up to 100 percent as related to the feed rate, or FR.
2001Sierra
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34
Stove/Furnace Model: Keystoker 90 Chimney Vent

Re: Convection Motor Speed

PostBy: NH Fire Dog On: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:17 am

2001Sierra wrote:Do a search on CFT, there are a lot of good discussions about the values. CFT has a minumum setting to get the fan running as the feed rate increases to remove heat from the stove, they do mention a maximum setting but it really is the relationship of the feed rate to CFT, it is mentioned maximum is 30 which means the CFT will not kick on until the feed rate is 30. I do not believe there is a CFT max rate as it runs up to 100 percent as related to the feed rate, or FR.


Yes I understand that CFT runs in relationship with FR, and I have done many searchs as you suggested. But I would like my fan to start out at a faster RPM from the onset. So I tried adjusting the CFT from 8 to 6 to see if that will help.
NH Fire Dog
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hearth

Re: Convection Motor Speed

PostBy: NH Fire Dog On: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:38 am

NH Fire Dog wrote:
2001Sierra wrote:Do a search on CFT, there are a lot of good discussions about the values. CFT has a minumum setting to get the fan running as the feed rate increases to remove heat from the stove, they do mention a maximum setting but it really is the relationship of the feed rate to CFT, it is mentioned maximum is 30 which means the CFT will not kick on until the feed rate is 30. I do not believe there is a CFT max rate as it runs up to 100 percent as related to the feed rate, or FR.


Yes I understand that CFT runs in relationship with FR, and I have done many searchs as you suggested. But I would like my fan to start out at a faster RPM from the onset. So I tried adjusting the CFT from 8 to 6 to see if that will help.


Well, I as was just about to drop the CFT to 6, I noticed my FR was 15 and the convection fan was off. My ducted air vent temperature was at 165, and the blower was off. Seems to me the FSA should be on at some percentage.

Paul, I'm looking for a solution. Thanks
NH Fire Dog
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hearth

Re: Convection Motor Speed

PostBy: WNY On: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:47 pm

CFT is the CONVECTION FAN THRESHOLD, vs. the FEED RATE I believe.

However, Check your LOW Speed setting, I think CFM? You motor may not like very slow speed. CFT is WHEN it kicks ON, vs the SPEED (CFM).
It sets the MIN CFM when it does come on as not to burn up the motor. I think I have mine at 30 or 35. Raise to 40 or 45 depending on how much you want it to run at low speed.
WNY
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon

Re: Convection Motor Speed

PostBy: NH Fire Dog On: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:16 pm

WNY wrote:CFT is the CONVECTION FAN THRESHOLD, vs. the FEED RATE I believe.

However, Check your LOW Speed setting, I think CFM? You motor may not like very slow speed. CFT is WHEN it kicks ON, vs the SPEED (CFM).
It sets the MIN CFM when it does come on as not to burn up the motor. I think I have mine at 30 or 35. Raise to 40 or 45 depending on how much you want it to run at low speed.


Excellant advice Dave! I went in to the advanced menu, found CFM and raised it to 45. The fan speed ramped right up there where I wanted it. Now the register has cooled to about 145 and the living room is 75. Perfect..... :yes:
NH Fire Dog
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hearth

Re: Convection Motor Speed

PostBy: WNY On: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:28 pm

NO problem! Glad it worked :)
WNY
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon

Re: Convection Motor Speed

PostBy: 2001Sierra On: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Nice work WNY, I missed that setting. This post gives a complete listing. Under Coal-trol Digital Thermostats under manufacturers posts, look in V3 Firmawre features.
2001Sierra
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34
Stove/Furnace Model: Keystoker 90 Chimney Vent

Re: Convection Motor Speed

PostBy: pvolcko On: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Been a busy week. Yes, CFM is the one you want to adjust for your issue. You can also move CFT down if you find you want air moving at lower than the standard CFT setting. Thanks for helping out once again, friends. :)
pvolcko