2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

Forum rules
ATTN Coal Dealers: To advertise your company you're allowed to start one new topic in "Coal Prices, Coal Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries and Reviews". You may also respond to other topics started by others where your company has been mentioned and are encouraged to do so. Any other posts just for advertising here or anywhere else on nepacrossroads.com will be considered spam and removed. Repeated violations will result in a permanent ban.

How much are you paying?

$130-$139 or less Delivered
0
No votes
$140-$149 Delivered
1
0%
$150-$159 Delivered
1
0%
$160-$169 Delivered
4
1%
$170-$184 Delivered
7
2%
$185-$199 Delivered
17
6%
$200-$214 Delivered
12
4%
$215-$229 Delivered
14
5%
$230-$249 Delivered
24
8%
$250-$269 Delivered
16
5%
$270-$299 Delivered
20
7%
$300-$329 Delivered
11
4%
$330 or more Delivered
8
3%
$120-$129 or less Picked Up
3
1%
$130-$139 Picked Up
2
1%
$140-$149 Picked Up
2
1%
$150-$159 Picked Up
18
6%
$160-$169 Picked Up
6
2%
$170-$184 Picked Up
10
3%
$185-$199 Picked Up
5
2%
$200-$214 Picked Up
13
4%
$215-$229 Picked Up
7
2%
$230-$249 Picked Up
12
4%
$250-$269 Picked Up
3
1%
$270-$299 Picked Up
12
4%
$300-$329 Picked Up
10
3%
$330 or more Picked Up
4
1%
$250-$264 or less Bagged
5
2%
$265-$279 Bagged
10
3%
$280-$394 Bagged
9
3%
$295-$309 Bagged
7
2%
$310-$329 Bagged
6
2%
$330 or more Bagged
13
4%
 
Total votes : 292

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: mastiffdude On: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:22 pm

Just got back from Breaker in Laflin PA .Limited to 1/2 ton by the breaker operators because of Chinese buying coal supplies.
Paid $106 for 1200 lbs.
mastiffdude
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Early model
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: small cannon heater,1910
Baseburners & Antiques: Quick Time #5,1897
Coal Size/Type: rice,stove,nut
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska _Quick Time Base Burner
Stove/Furnace Model: Alaska Stoker ,Quick Time #5

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: Rob R. On: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Sounds like you need to find a different breaker.
Rob R.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: jpd989 On: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Most of the breakers and coal dealers in this part of NEPA are being very tight with the amounts of coal thay are selling at this time. A few co- workers of mine all have told me they are being limited to a half ton at a time. Rice coal being the hardest to find. I have tried to tell them to stock up during the spring and summer months. I only pick up a half ton at a time now, tires are getting close and I have enough to get me thru the winter. But as the spare cash situation allows it I run and get what I can. My bin is large enough to hald 6-7 ton.
John
jpd989
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Machine Basement Stove #3
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat and Chestnut
Stove/Furnace Model: LL110k Boiler

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: Ops164 On: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Picked up a ton of nut from Wentzel's Mill in Newport, PA. I was quoted $200 at one of the mines 50 plus miles away, not worth the drive at $4 a gallon diesel fuel.
Ops164
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harmon
Stove/Furnace Model: Mk III

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: Bobbart On: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:29 am

Definitely went up here in Northern Maine. In January bagged nut was $315 for 2400lbs. I just got some yesterday and it is now $378 for 2400lbs. Not to happy about the large of a jump in one month.
Bobbart
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 50-93

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: crazy4coal On: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:26 am

I called kimmel's and the price is up 20.00 a ton, diesel, power and trans cost are to blame. It sucks, I need to get 1 more load in before spring.
crazy4coal
 
Stove/Furnace Make: buderus
Stove/Furnace Model: logana

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: countryboy26047 On: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:20 am

Well where I live, I'm kinda 'stuck'... I have one place local that I can buy bagged which is $10/50# or 1 ton for 375.. Other than that, I drive either 40miles into Ohio to Thompson Bros. and pay $295/ton for loose, or the place I plan on going to in the next couple days which is Heet Inc. in Washington, PA. They deal with Reading, which is what i have burned about 200# of already.. at Heet it is $255/ton, but what I really like is the fact that they will sell any amount of weight and still charge the same 12.75 cents/lb. I'm planning on just picking up 400-500 lbs. as money is really tight right now.. I was pretty excited about this price until reading some of ya'lls posts.. :(
countryboy26047
 
Stove/Furnace Make: US Stove Co.
Stove/Furnace Model: hotblast 1557M

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: KLook On: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:01 am

I just paid $374/ton here in Machias,Me. The first truck load I got from Penn. figured out to $305/ton in 2008. this from a local source of coourse not from breaker like first load.

Kevin
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: sterling40man On: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Bobbart wrote:Definitely went up here in Northern Maine. In January bagged nut was $315 for 2400lbs. I just got some yesterday and it is now $378 for 2400lbs. Not to happy about the large of a jump in one month.


So, now it's $315 a ton. Did you get it from Center Farms? Last I heard they were selling it for $300 per ton bagged not delivered.


KLook wrote:I just paid $374/ton here in Machias,Me.


Are you sure that's not the price for a pallet?
sterling40man
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker K6
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: Bobbart On: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:55 pm

sterling40man wrote:
Bobbart wrote:Definitely went up here in Northern Maine. In January bagged nut was $315 for 2400lbs. I just got some yesterday and it is now $378 for 2400lbs. Not to happy about the large of a jump in one month.


So, now it's $315 a ton. Did you get it from Center Farms? Last I heard they were selling it for $300 per ton bagged not delivered.


KLook wrote:I just paid $374/ton here in Machias,Me.


Are you sure that's not the price for a pallet?


I did get it from center farms. I got 120 40# bags delivered for $781. Which is $320 per ton delivered. I paid $756 last time so I was wrong it didn't go up as much as I thought. Still a lot cheaper than oil.
Bobbart
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 50-93

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: Ciscoborb On: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:35 pm

$390.00 for a pallet (2400 lbs.) at Aubochon Hardware in Greenwich NY. Blaschak rice bagged.
Ciscoborb
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: theo On: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:46 pm

countryboy26047 wrote:Well where I live, I'm kinda 'stuck'... I have one place local that I can buy bagged which is $10/50# or 1 ton for 375.. Other than that, I drive either 40miles into Ohio to Thompson Bros. and pay $295/ton for loose, or the place I plan on going to in the next couple days which is Heet Inc. in Washington, PA. They deal with Reading, which is what i have burned about 200# of already.. at Heet it is $255/ton, but what I really like is the fact that they will sell any amount of weight and still charge the same 12.75 cents/lb. I'm planning on just picking up 400-500 lbs. as money is really tight right now.. I was pretty excited about this price until reading some of ya'lls posts.. :(

Where you at, i might not be to far from you,,
theo
 
Stove/Furnace Make: LL
Stove/Furnace Model: Hyfire 2

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: Scottscoaled On: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Paid $336 for a pallette of Blaschak rice in Fort plain N.Y. Guess thats $280 A TON. That's the most I've paid for coal since I started burning. :mad: Almost doesn't pay to make the trip to Pa.
Scottscoaled
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520x3, 700 Van Wert 800
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: EFM 150, Keystoker 150
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: countryboy26047 On: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:08 am

theo wrote:
countryboy26047 wrote:Well where I live, I'm kinda 'stuck'... I have one place local that I can buy bagged which is $10/50# or 1 ton for 375.. Other than that, I drive either 40miles into Ohio to Thompson Bros. and pay $295/ton for loose, or the place I plan on going to in the next couple days which is Heet Inc. in Washington, PA. They deal with Reading, which is what i have burned about 200# of already.. at Heet it is $255/ton, but what I really like is the fact that they will sell any amount of weight and still charge the same 12.75 cents/lb. I'm planning on just picking up 400-500 lbs. as money is really tight right now.. I was pretty excited about this price until reading some of ya'lls posts.. :(

Where you at, i might not be to far from you,,



I'm in the very northern tip of WV, about 35 NW of Pitt. If you know where Mountaineer resort is, I'm about 10min from there
countryboy26047
 
Stove/Furnace Make: US Stove Co.
Stove/Furnace Model: hotblast 1557M

Re: 2011-2012 Anthracite Prices

PostBy: windago On: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:47 pm

well got a load of nut today. wow three loads and there not getting cheaper! first was casey 170 ton 1.2, second uae 165 ton 1.4, Hudson 190 ton 1.1.

reviews:-
Casey------ burns ok lots of ash. would buy in a pinch.
UAE ------- burns hot!! not that much ash. good coal but burns fast. would buy again but to far away. not cost effective.
Hudson --- jury's out let you know.

buy the way the house temp is 76 to 80 wife likes it hot and im in shorts and a tee shirt. i sleep on top of the covers. kids leave the doors open all the time to wife yells at them, "where you born in a barn". i just snicker. side note got the house up to 91 one day and the wife said: "im just getting warm". i just about fell over laughing. :doh: :bang: :surrender:
windago
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman/EFM/losch
Stove/Furnace Model: mark III/?350 round nose/ 475

Visit Lehigh Anthracite