I have read a lot of the posts and am learning a lot. Can someone out there suggest a particular model stove to use in/hook up to a fireplace? These are my specs and what I am trying to do:
1. Install either a coal insert or a coal stove in front of the fireplace
2. I am concerned because my neightbor has a wood stove insert for his fireplace and it does not put out much heat. Will a coal stove insert send off a comparable amount of heat as a free standing stove?
3. The top of the fireplace opening is 31 inches tall. Is this enough to make the flu connections?
4. I would prefer a unit I can get at least 24 hours without adding coal
5. The house is a ranch, coal stove in the basement about in the middle of the house. Upstairs is 2600 sqft and down is 1500 sqft. Can I heat the whole house or am I dreaming? I don't mind if the furnace runs a bit on really cold days.
Anyone have a similar situation? Can anyone suggest a brand and model? Advice is appreciated!