I have a Fisher stove that appears identical to weedguys...it uses a 8" galvanized pipe with a damper to bring in outside air thru the base of the stove. It has a tag on it, but I can't read what it says.
It seems to be a pretty good unit, it's been the main source of heat in my house since at least 1988.
I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in a cedar log house, we're getting a foot of snow tonight.
I go thru about 5 loggers cords of hard maple per year, and paid $100 per loggers cord (8 foot lengths) if I remember right a couple year ago.
I plan on buying another 14 loggers cords this Spring, so I can get wood cut ahead to dry.
I attended a Chimney Fire seminar put on by our local fire department last year, and the instructor said that if can maintain a
flue temperature of 300F at the tip of the chimney, that you will not generate any creosote, regardless of if you were burning pine or maple, wet or dry. He said that a chimney is basically a refinery, making creosote at around 300F. Of course, burning wet wood is much more difficult to get that 300F flue temp.
I keep my fire burning pretty steady, and have clamped a thermocouple to the edge of the stove. The digital readout of the Omega thermocouple connects to a laptop, and I have it set to alarm when the temp drops below 180F. So this wakes me up around 2 or 3am. It would be nice to have a thermocouple in my chimney....maybe someday. I wrote the software using Visual Basic a couple years ago, it works good enough to not mess with...
anyway, this is my first post here, seems like a pretty interesting group...