I bought the DVC for a couple of reasons:
- i was new to coal and I liked the automation
- manual feed stoves scared the heck it of me
- other automatic rice burning stoves seemed far more complicated then the DVc for a newbie
- I liked the functionality and easy day to day maintenance...good for the wife
- mine was going in a main living area so it had to look as pleasing as possible
Would I buy another Harman ? Another DVC?
- knowing what I know now about coal burning , no
- knowing what I now know about Harman support , not likely
- if I were in an area where coal was popular and there were plenty of service choices , probably
- if I were new to coal, with little understanding of draft mechanics, had chimney option and/or i had penty of service options, I'd still stick with the DVc unless you have a smart friend willing to help then buy a simpler stoker stove.
Yep, this thing seems overly complicated but when it's working it works great and I've had 3 great years so far till now.