It started out as a way to save money and be warmer but I think (and my wife would agree) that it has become an obsession.
In January I plan on buying 4 data loggers and the assoicated analysis software.
I am running my Keystoker in series with my oil burner on a two zone system. The circulator between the boiler and the stoker is a 3 speed circulator that runs constantly.
I plan on installing the data loggers to collect the the following information.
1. Zone 1 - date and time on and date and time off
2. Zone 2 - date and time on and date and time off
3. Stoker - Date and time on and date and time off
4. Out side tempretature.
With the analysis software and I can place all the output of these data loggers onto graphs and do an analysis.
What do I hope to be able to do with this.
1. Determine what the best speed is for the circulator between the oil burner and stoker to minimize electrical use and maximize the response of the Keystoker.
2. Tune the Keystoker for optimum response to calls for heat
3. Determine which zone runs the most so I know where to focus my insulating efforts.
Is this all really necessary? NO but it sounds like fun.
Yeah this is way more than a hobby.
And yes, my wife has suggested that professional help would be well advised.
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.