New Coal Product

Forum rules
ATTN Coal Dealers: To advertise your company you're allowed to start one new topic in "Coal Prices, Coal Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries and Reviews". You may also respond to other topics started by others where your company has been mentioned and are encouraged to do so. Any other posts just for advertising here or anywhere else on nepacrossroads.com will be considered spam and removed. Repeated violations will result in a permanent ban.

New Coal Product

PostBy: brookvillecoal On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:56 am

Brookville Coal Company is currently producing Anthracite coal briquettes for home heating. We provide quality products at very good prices.

We accept orders from individual bags to full truckloads.......WE EVEN DELIVER TO YOUR DOOR!

If you would like to know more about our product or becoming a dealer, please visit our webste <removed dead link>

Brookville Coal Company
<removed dead link>
Last edited by Richard S. on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: <removed dead link>
brookvillecoal
 

Re: New Coal Product

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:23 am

Wow, sometimes an idea is so old it is new.

Before WWII in Britain gas was mostly made by heating anthracite (and other coals) leaving coke behind which itself was a good heating fuel but hard to light. The industry was so large that it created a lot of dust that nobody knew what to do with until somebody came up with the idea of compressing it into brickettes where it was sold as Phurnacite. As usual the ecolunies did a job on the UK industry and it is now imported from elsewhere but the quality is very variable. Now someone has decided to make the same product from NEPA coal that could be better than phurnacite ever was. Hey could be a great idea and I wish you well. So, claimed BTU per ton and cost???????? I have a 1930 coal AGA in the barn that needs rebuilding and would LOVE that stuff.

http://www.anl.gov/PCS/acsfuel/preprint ... 3_0934.pdf
Last edited by coalnewbie on Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
coalnewbie
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93,
Baseburners & Antiques: Invader 2 Wings Best, Glenwood #8 + Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Re: New Coal Product

PostBy: lsayre On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:55 am

Yes, cost, available sizes (grades), and compatibility with classical anthracite over a broad range of applications would be good things for this company to make known to us.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Re: New Coal Product

PostBy: blrman07 On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:10 am

What is the cost and does it vary per quantity purchased. From their product section of the website it averages around 9500 BTU per pound vrs 12,000 per pound for clean ant coal. Your losing BTU per pound so what is the advantage other than price in using this product?
blrman07
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Bucket a Day
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant Casting 2310
Baseburners & Antiques: rebuilding a 1906 March Brownback Double Heater, using a UMCO 1920's Pot Belly stove in the church
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Wood in the VC and anything that will fit in the Bucket a Day. It's not fussy.

Re: New Coal Product

PostBy: lsayre On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:20 am

In Linux using either the Firefox or Opera web browser none of their hyperlinks work (or even make themselves known) for me. I can only look at their home page and go no further.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Re: New Coal Product

PostBy: MURDOC1 On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:22 am

lsayre wrote:In Linux using either the Firefox or Opera web browser none of their hyperlinks work for me. I can only look at their home page and go no further.


I had kinda the same problem until I happened to mouse just below the "Home" and "Products" buttons at which point they lit up, I clicked and wham-O!!! Maybe try that?
MURDOC1
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska/Franco Belge/Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: S.S. 2/ 144.08.02/ Mag Stoker

Re: New Coal Product

PostBy: lsayre On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:24 am

MURDOC1 wrote:
lsayre wrote:In Linux using either the Firefox or Opera web browser none of their hyperlinks work for me. I can only look at their home page and go no further.


I had kinda the same problem until I happened to mouse just below the "Home" and "Products" buttons at which point they lit up, I clicked and wham-O!!! Maybe try that?


No luck.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Re: New Coal Product

PostBy: MURDOC1 On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:29 am

lsayre wrote:
MURDOC1 wrote:
lsayre wrote:In Linux using either the Firefox or Opera web browser none of their hyperlinks work for me. I can only look at their home page and go no further.


I had kinda the same problem until I happened to mouse just below the "Home" and "Products" buttons at which point they lit up, I clicked and wham-O!!! Maybe try that?


No luck.


Here Larry, I help you out, took a screen shot of the entire "Products" page... Either way the issue needs to be fixed, but just so you can see, here goes...
Screen Shot 2011-11-07 at 7.25.47 AM.png
(407.04 KiB) Viewed 95 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
Larry, this is the entire products page
[nepathumb]30643[/nepathumb]
MURDOC1
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska/Franco Belge/Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: S.S. 2/ 144.08.02/ Mag Stoker

Re: New Coal Product

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:54 am

Mur -- thx for that, I use Chrome and the bottom of the page was lost to me too. So the question is the same as when I go to Walmart - how much???? These days you can't sell a can of beans without cost comparisons being made my consumers. So they do themselves no favors by hiding the price. So guys in large font at the top of the webpage GIVE ME A PRICE and fire your marketing director whilst you are at it. Your product may have merit on many levels and a detailed technical analysis is good. So are retail customers just an after thought - I can understand that one.
coalnewbie
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93,
Baseburners & Antiques: Invader 2 Wings Best, Glenwood #8 + Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Re: New Coal Product

PostBy: McGiever On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:59 am

Not shown at their link listed, but they do also produce a fine Lump Charcoal, under the Humphreys label, made from all hardwoods...I have a couple bags and is great for starting Anthracite fires. Some would refer to this as Cowboy Charcoal.
McGiever
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: HARMAN MAGNUM
Hand Fed Coal Stove: RADIANT HOME AIR BLAST
Baseburners & Antiques: OUR GLENWOOD 111 BASEBURNER "1908"
Coal Size/Type: PEA / ANTHRACITE, NUT-STOVE / ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump
Stove/Furnace Make: Hydro Heat /Mega Tek

Re: New Coal Product

PostBy: nortcan On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:05 pm

coalnewbie wrote:Wow, sometimes an idea is so old it is new.

Before WWII in Britain gas was mostly made by heating anthracite (and other coals) leaving coke behind which itself was a good heating fuel but hard to light. The industry was so large that it created a lot of dust that nobody knew what to do with until somebody came up with the idea of compressing it into brickettes where it was sold as Phurnacite. As usual the ecolunies did a job on the UK industry and it is now imported from elsewhere but the quality is very variable. Now someone has decided to make the same product from NEPA coal that could be better than phurnacite ever was. Hey could be a great idea and I wish you well. So, claimed BTU per ton and cost???????? I have a 1930 coal AGA in the barn that needs rebuilding and would LOVE that stuff.

http://www.anl.gov/PCS/acsfuel/preprint ... 3_0934.pdf


coalnewbie, thanks for the nice description for the old times products.
nortcan
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Stuart,Peterson/ Grander
Stove/Furnace Model: Sunnyside/ Golden Bride

Re: New Coal Product

PostBy: Creature Comforts On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:17 pm

I just viewed the company's site running Windows, with Chrome and Opera. Both are dead except for the email contact button.

The company may want to add something like: "Our site is best viewed using __________", so people at least know the site is functional with a specific browser(s).

(I just bought some of that Cowboy Coal to use for starter. Now just waiting for the LL to arrive. :D )
Creature Comforts
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hearth

Re: New Coal Product

PostBy: blrman07 On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:33 pm

I sent an email this morning requesting a price schedule for their product. No reply as of 3:30 this afternoon.
blrman07
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Bucket a Day
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant Casting 2310
Baseburners & Antiques: rebuilding a 1906 March Brownback Double Heater, using a UMCO 1920's Pot Belly stove in the church
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Wood in the VC and anything that will fit in the Bucket a Day. It's not fussy.

Re: New Coal Product

PostBy: lsayre On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:43 pm

I just tried the Chrome web browser under Linux, and it also fails to see any of the hyperlinks sans for the email address.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Re: New Coal Product

PostBy: MURDOC1 On: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Using a Mac OS X Lion version 10.7.2 and Safari browser, no issues other than at first "Home" and "Products" buttons would not come to life when moused over, but have tried it again and worked the second time no problems...
MURDOC1
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska/Franco Belge/Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: S.S. 2/ 144.08.02/ Mag Stoker

Visit Lehigh Anthracite