I don't know where you got your ppm levels but they are too high based on the latest medical data. There is evidence that different government agencies have different standard for what is a danger level of CO. Look at my post http://126.96.36.199/temp/post12856.html#p12856 for the details. Also look at my post http://188.8.131.52/temp/post14106.html ... ion#p14106 which discusses the where and why of CO detector placementWNY wrote:WOW....here's some info...ALWAYS be safe when it comes to venting yours stoves...
At what level does carbon monoxide become toxic?
For healthy adults, CO becomes toxic when it reaches a level higher than 50 ppm (parts per million) with continuous exposure over an eight hour period.. When the level of CO becomes higher than that, a person will suffer from symptoms of exposure. Mild exposure over a few hours (a CO level between 70 ppm and 100 ppm) include flu-like symptoms such as headaches, sore eyes and a runny nose. Medium exposure (a CO level between 150 ppm to 300 ppm) will produce dizziness, drowsiness and vomiting. Extreme exposure (a CO level of 400 ppm and higher) will result in unconsciousness, brain damage and death.
Hi jimbo970 I had the samething two weeks ago I had two of them going of and one not doing anything so I checked the dates the one was over 5 years so I went to wal-mart and bought 3 new ones so now I have 5 in the house I bought The kidde Model KN-copp-3 Digital AC Plug in with 9 V back up Rated 4 out of 4 Stars the next one is Kidde Model KN-COPP-B Digital Battery 3 out of 4 stars Rating 5 years warranty 34.95 And the first one was 44.95 The last one is Kidde model KN-COSM-B smoke & co2 Talking Alarm 3 out of 4 stars 5 year warranty Battery 39.95 All 3 Are NIGHTHAWK TECHNOLOGY Supposedly The most Accurate in co2 Alarms The one that did not go off was a first alert but it was more then 5 years old you should replaced them after 5 years Hope this helpsjimbo970 wrote:Hi everyone,
I fired up my magnum last week and it was running at about 200, theat was stove temp with a nice blue flame on the pot. I woke up the next morning with a very pecuilar headache and light headedness. I have 2 battery operated carbon monoxide detectors close by the stove and they were not beeping but I am not convinved yet that there wasnt some gas tha was seeping in. Any ideas for good and accurate detector to buy? Maybe te ones I have a (kiddie round w\3AA battery) and a first alert plug in with a backup 9v are what I currently have but they do not have a digital display or anything fancy.
Hay BK The Kidde uses NIGHTHAWK TECHNOLOGY That Is On The Packagingbksaun wrote:Throw the Kidde in the trash and buy a "Nighthawk" brand, it has a digital read out. Should be about $40.00 at Home Depot or Lowes.
Being in the fire service for 18+ years I get to deal with a lot of these things.