I am looking for input on a well expansion tank.
Currently I have a Well X trol tank that is bad. The bladder has a tear etc and it is water logged.
So I need to replace this unit in the very very near future.
The issue I have are as follows.
1. I don't know what size tank I currently have. there is no lettering on it, no tags, nothing. It "looks" like a 20 Gallon tank compared to looking at tanks at big box stores but again I don't know this. I can read the serial number but that is about all i can find other than the Well X trol label.
2. I also don't know what size pump I have in the well or how deep it is. Have only lived in this home for 6 years and previous owner knows none of these answers. Pump has never been out of the well to this point.
What I DO know is that I have approx 75 gallons of water in the well before it will run out. I don't really know if that is average or below average but I have run it out in the past in the summertime so I am pretty confident in that number.
Can anyone out there suggest any of the following info for me.
1. what is a good type of Well Expansion Tank (Quality Wise) I like to be good Quality even though it may cost more....
2. Does anyone know what size tank I should be looking for based on the amount of water in the well?
3. Does anyone use a Cycle Stop Valve? http://cyclestopvalves.com/index2.html
i have read about these but of course do not have one.
Otherwise this is your somewhat typical setup? Right now running pressures of 20/40 which I am finding is lower than most poeple may run now a days...?
Any and ALL help is appreciated ... I am not a plumber and don't play one in the movies.
I would have never hooked up my own Hydronic Boiler without the help of MANY members on this forum... So looking for more of that help!