2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

Added the poll and links

$130-$139 or less Delivered
0
No votes
$140-$149 Delivered
0
No votes
$150-$159 Delivered
0
No votes
$160-$169 Delivered
0
No votes
$170-$184 Delivered
1
1%
$185-$199 Delivered
6
4%
$200-$214 Delivered
14
8%
$215-$229 Delivered
10
6%
$230-$249 Delivered
14
8%
$250-$269 Delivered
5
3%
$270-$299 Delivered
8
5%
$300-$329 Delivered
6
4%
$330 or more Delivered
3
2%
$120-$129 or less Picked Up
2
1%
$130-$139 Picked Up
0
No votes
$140-$149 Picked Up
0
No votes
$150-$159 Picked Up
1
1%
$160-$169 Picked Up
7
4%
$170-$184 Picked Up
16
10%
$185-$199 Picked Up
9
5%
$200-$214 Picked Up
2
1%
$215-$229 Picked Up
11
7%
$230-$249 Picked Up
12
7%
$250-$269 Picked Up
3
2%
$270-$299 Picked Up
5
3%
$300-$329 Picked Up
7
4%
$330 or more Picked Up
1
1%
$250-$264 or less Bagged
1
1%
$265-$279 Bagged
5
3%
$280-$394 Bagged
7
4%
$295-$309 Bagged
5
3%
$310-$329 Bagged
0
No votes
$330 or more Bagged
5
3%
 
Total votes : 166

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: RAYJAY On: Wed. Nov. 14, 2012 6:25 pm

Vangellis wrote:Just throwing this out there. From an ad in todays Scranton Times.

Hudson Anthracite in Pittston, Pa. - 570-655-4151
Coal Sale - Now thru Nov. 24th
Wholesale pricing $159 a ton - All types
That is the picked up bulk price of course.

Kevin


At 11 bucks a ton less than I'm getting it at Casey Kassa its not a deal, burned there coal for over 10 years and it was crap, for the 10 years I was getting it.
Thats why I started hauling my own coal, and its not only me that has a problem with there coal, 2 guys I work with were having the same problem, now all 3 of us get it form Casey
RAYJAY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: VAN WERT - 600 VA HOT WATER
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: HARMAN- MAGUM STOKER
Coal Size/Type: BUCKWHEAT ON BOTH
Other Heating: NG BOILER

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: Vangellis On: Wed. Nov. 14, 2012 8:43 pm

RAYJAY wrote:
Vangellis wrote:Just throwing this out there. From an ad in todays Scranton Times.

Hudson Anthracite in Pittston, Pa. - 570-655-4151
Coal Sale - Now thru Nov. 24th
Wholesale pricing $159 a ton - All types
That is the picked up bulk price of course.

Kevin


At 11 bucks a ton less than I'm getting it at Casey Kassa its not a deal, burned there coal for over 10 years and it was crap, for the 10 years I was getting it.
Thats why I started hauling my own coal, and its not only me that has a problem with there coal, 2 guys I work with were having the same problem, now all 3 of us get it form Casey


Hey RayJay.

I'll continue getting mine at Casey Kassa also. I'm happy with their quality.
Like I said...Just throwing it out there for anyone who may be interested.

Kevin
Vangellis
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Olix Air Flo
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Stove/Furnace Model: Hudson Wood/Coal Burning

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: Dr Cherry On: Tue. Nov. 27, 2012 3:20 pm

$336/tn in Detroit. 1.75 ton delivered for $704.
Dr Cherry
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Monogram
Stove/Furnace Model: unknown

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: Ed.A On: Tue. Nov. 27, 2012 3:50 pm

Just ordered 6 ton @ $328 per delivered. http://btpellet.com/

Interestingly..Bagged and shipped from Bristol Ct. 53.3 Miles

I called Cranston RI ( I go up that way often and know how close it is) 32 miles $343 / $297 if picked up... ummm, I don't think so.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: plumber On: Thu. Dec. 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Ed.A wrote:Just ordered 6 ton @ $328 per delivered. http://btpellet.com/

Interestingly..Bagged and shipped from Bristol Ct. 53.3 Miles

I called Cranston RI ( I go up that way often and know how close it is) 32 miles $343 / $297 if picked up... ummm, I don't think so.


As well, Cranston Coal is no longer dealing with Blashak. They are bagging their own bulk, from Centralia. I grabbed a few bags in a pinch a couple months ago. The stuff burns horrible with a ton of ash.
plumber
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: tinmanKC10 On: Fri. Dec. 07, 2012 10:02 am

Any prices for western Pa, Dubois area? I HAve a dump trailer so I need to buy 5 ton at a time. I called around 2 places were $275 and other was $240.
tinmanKC10
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KC10
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KC-10 Keystoker

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: steamup On: Fri. Dec. 07, 2012 11:27 am

tinmanKC10 wrote:Any prices for western Pa, Dubois area? I HAve a dump trailer so I need to buy 5 ton at a time. I called around 2 places were $275 and other was $240.


$240 is not unreasonable this far West when you figure shipping and markup.

I don;t know anything about this guy .

Give him a call and see.

http://www.jmdstones.com/products/bulk/ ... ducts.html

If you can haul 5 ton and still be legal, think about a trip to a breaker or UAE Harmony. It might be worth your time.
steamup
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: McGiever On: Fri. Dec. 07, 2012 5:25 pm

steamup wrote:
tinmanKC10 wrote:Any prices for western Pa, Dubois area? I HAve a dump trailer so I need to buy 5 ton at a time. I called around 2 places were $275 and other was $240.


$240 is not unreasonable this far West when you figure shipping and markup.

I don;t know anything about this guy .

Give him a call and see.

http://www.jmdstones.com/products/bulk/ ... ducts.html

If you can haul 5 ton and still be legal, think about a trip to a breaker or UAE Harmony. It might be worth your time.


I heard coal picked up at this location was $200.00 /ton earlier this season.
McGiever
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Coal Size/Type: PEA / ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump
Stove/Furnace Make: Hydro Heat /Mega Tek

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: Joeski On: Fri. Dec. 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Wiz of Tannersville hooked me up with an excellent coal man :!: Fred Siliva (Casey Kasa) $205 a ton delivered. I got 4 ton and say up yours oil. It wasn't nice needing you. :mad:
Joeski
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading
Stove/Furnace Model: Susquehanna

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: Lightning On: Fri. Dec. 14, 2012 9:50 pm

McGiever wrote:I heard coal picked up at this location was $200.00 /ton earlier this season.

Yes sir, I bought 7200 pounds from there. I got 2400 pounds at a time of nut size. My first two trips I got red ash, the third trip I got white ash. So apparently he gets it from different suppliers? I don't know.. My first two loads (red ash) have excessive fines in it and the sizing wasn't very good, but with the thermostatically controlled draft inducer I hooked up I can burn thru them. The third load (white ash) seems sized much better with less fines.

http://www.jmdstones.com/products/bulk/ ... ducts.html
Lightning
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Overmodified/Bored out Clayton 1537
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Awesome Size

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: tikigeorge On: Wed. Dec. 19, 2012 8:12 pm

I just had 4 tons of Blaschak delivered for $266.00 a ton. I have my coal sprayed with oil for $25.50 this increases the price but worth the money in less dust.
I'm in Phillipsburg NJ
tikigeorge
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: cteufert On: Sun. Dec. 30, 2012 2:03 pm

Just had 4.1 tons of bulk rice coal delivered by Butch Bankes, 1-570-668-1957 to Montague, NJ for $230 / ton.

Charlie.
cteufert
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: VF3000 / Mark III

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: Highlander On: Tue. Jan. 01, 2013 10:07 am

Ditto on Butch Bankes. He delivered 5 ton of rice to me for $235/ton, Sussex Co. NJ. I saved $60 a ton over my previous supplier in Sparta. I will do business with him again, real nice guy, very informative.

My last two deliveries had quite a high percentage of fines. He told me that his coal is all washed. So far, it seems to burn well, white ash, very few fines.
Highlander
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000 Sold
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Castings Resolute
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: VF3000 Stoker Boiler

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: szembek On: Fri. Jan. 04, 2013 3:27 pm

$240/ton plus 4% tax for 40lb bagged coal in Dryden, NY. I'm happy with it, plus it's on my commute so very convenient.
szembek
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A120

Re: 2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

PostBy: lloyd430 On: Sat. Jan. 19, 2013 10:01 am

Rice is $240 ton picked up loose in Cato, NY at Kranzes
lloyd430
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska /Channing
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Hopefully converting to
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing

Visit Lehigh Anthracite