I finished installing my new pump 30 minutes ago. WATER AT FULL PRESSURE AGAIN!! YEYYY!!!
Mine doesn't have the Pitless adaptor, just a cap. I used the tractor to pull it up and over an old 3 foot dia. wire spool. One smooth movement, it was out in 5 minutes.
Get this: the old pump was stll good! There was a break in the wire 5ft above the pump! It had been arcing against the casing!. I went ahead and installed the new pump anyway, and will keep this old pump as a backup. Yes, I replaced the wire. Black Poly riser pipe was still good. I also got spacers every 8 - 10ft, there were none on the old pump. New torque Arrestor installed. Safety line installed, new Cap. Everything Wire-Tied to the pipe. No tape! Pump leads soldered to the new wire, with waterproof shrink connections.
A shower is soooo nice......