If I wanted America to Fail

Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: Dann757 On: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:28 pm

xaos wrote:If i wanted America to fail I'd elect a guy who wants to run the country like a company... a company that made money firing people and raiding companies. I'd elect a guy who has never had to struggle, could joke about being unemployed while he lives on investments. A guy who can't possibly know what it's like to be like the rest of us... but more importantly doesn't really care. He thinks we're jealous of him because he has money. He's the guy in school who thought it was better than everyone else simply because he was born with money. He couldn't possibly comprehend the economy when he hides money in the cayman's to avoid his responsibility to his country to help. A guy who thinks we need to lower the debt and the way to do that is to cut taxes for the rich and make the rest of us pay the bills.
If i wanted America to fail!!!


Hey Xaos, bitter much? Is that a Chinese name? Just curious. Corporations nationwide are sitting on trillions of dollars waiting for Obama to be tossed out. I used to resent the rich until I figured out they are the ones that provide jobs. Everything you said is textbook liberal delirium. You just hate the rich and you don't even know why. We are guaranteed the right to pursue happiness in this country. So the hard working people that have succeeded are evil in your eyes? If you want to talk about people hiding money to avoid responsibility how about liberal elitist John Kerry parking his yacht in a different state to avoid paying taxes. No offense man, but if you're going to make a comment like that you're going to get a response. Try to dig a little deeper and realize that executives like Mitt have to make very difficult decisions that you couldn't handle or comprehend. Usually they're workaholics with a very strong work ethic. If you don't think he can comprehend the economy, why don't you focus on the anti-colonial, anti-American shill that is running our country into the ground. :D If he gets in again, you can say goodbye to your second ammendment rights too.
Dann757
 

Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: franco b On: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:39 pm

samhill wrote:Franco, that argument is getting so stale, I don't & I believe there are many like me that don't give a rats behind what anyone makes or has but I don't want to have to pitch in with all the others to pay their share. If it makes you fill so good to do so how about paying my taxes?

Yes tax reform is important and no doubt there are areas where the wealthy should pay more, but the issue facing the country's survival is spending out of control. Inflation also is paid for by poor people with a much higher proportion of their income than the rich who are able to counter inflation with investments.

Show me how taxing the rich will make even the slightest difference to our economy except to make it worse. When you are in a pit one hundred feet deep and only have a 50 foot ladder, adding a foot more still leaves you in the pit. If you really wanted to sort out those bastards you should pray for a free market which in short order would bankrupt most of the thieves. A free market and competition would also make short work of most of the government drones and parasites. If market forces had been allowed to work the crash would have been a lot worse but by this time we would again have a rapidly growing economy and much lower deficit instead of things standing still and getting worse.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: samhill On: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Where are you going to get a free market? Any new enterprise that starts doing well either gets bought out or forced out. If you add a foot to that ladder you need a foot less to get out, how is lowering the taxes that at least keep you from going deeper faster going to do anything but shorten that ladder? The only ones that buy the products produced are the masses, sure the top may buy a few but if the masses don't have money in their pocket there are no sales. One needs the other to survive, it's been over a decade since the last two job creating tax cuts why do you believe one or two more are suddenly create jobs & in which country?
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75


Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: franco b On: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:45 pm

samhill wrote: it's been over a decade since the last two job creating tax cuts why do you believe one or two more are suddenly create jobs & in which country?

They wont by themselves. When both Kennedy and Reagan tried it the results were outstanding with a great deal more government revenue than before the cuts. Since then a lot has changed with government involvement in the economy with over regulation and even setting up cartels by Commerce. You see each stimulus having less and less effect though spending more and more. Large corporations can better weather the storm of regulation with economy of scale better than small business, and small business is the major job creator. Unions in private industry had to face a tough boss and ultimately the competition of the market. Government unions face no such discipline. They don't have to worry about a profit, the taxpayer can always pay more no matter how badly the job is done or even if it need not be done at all.

The mortgage mess was precipitated by Congress and the Fed. and now the same jackasses say they are going to fix it with more spending and debt.

Money is a finite supply and the more badly it is allocated by central planning, the worse the economy and as the economy worsens the more government interferes until there is a crash bad enough for the market to enforce change, which it will in time.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:35 am

But where is the difference between Congress & Big Business, for the most part Congress has become just another employee. Don't get me wrong on this, I believe there should be no room for ultra powerful Unions but at the same time you have to have some type of guidelines & be able to negotiate. I have several friends that were State Police & retired with much less years than I & have better than double my pension & pay zero for H.Ins. & have automatic increases + then go & work other Gov. security jobs. The tax payers can't afford that kind of thing along with the elected officials benefits but they are the ones that give it, allow the tax payers to vote on it rather than themselves.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: franco b On: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:40 pm

samhill wrote:The tax payers can't afford that kind of thing along with the elected officials benefits but they are the ones that give it, allow the tax payers to vote on it rather than themselves.

It will never happen but I like it.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: xaos On: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:52 am

Dann757 wrote:
xaos wrote:If i wanted America to fail I'd elect a guy who wants to run the country like a company... a company that made money firing people and raiding companies. I'd elect a guy who has never had to struggle, could joke about being unemployed while he lives on investments. A guy who can't possibly know what it's like to be like the rest of us... but more importantly doesn't really care. He thinks we're jealous of him because he has money. He's the guy in school who thought it was better than everyone else simply because he was born with money. He couldn't possibly comprehend the economy when he hides money in the cayman's to avoid his responsibility to his country to help. A guy who thinks we need to lower the debt and the way to do that is to cut taxes for the rich and make the rest of us pay the bills.
If i wanted America to fail!!!


Hey Xaos, bitter much? Is that a Chinese name? Just curious. Corporations nationwide are sitting on trillions of dollars waiting for Obama to be tossed out. I used to resent the rich until I figured out they are the ones that provide jobs. Everything you said is textbook liberal delirium. You just hate the rich and you don't even know why. We are guaranteed the right to pursue happiness in this country. So the hard working people that have succeeded are evil in your eyes? If you want to talk about people hiding money to avoid responsibility how about liberal elitist John Kerry parking his yacht in a different state to avoid paying taxes. No offense man, but if you're going to make a comment like that you're going to get a response. Try to dig a little deeper and realize that executives like Mitt have to make very difficult decisions that you couldn't handle or comprehend. Usually they're workaholics with a very strong work ethic. If you don't think he can comprehend the economy, why don't you focus on the anti-colonial, anti-American shill that is running our country into the ground. :D If he gets in again, you can say goodbye to your second ammendment rights too.


Well dann757, I guess the truth about your candidate must really hurt..
Chinese name, just childish, even the drugster limbo wouldn't use that.

Its the Conservatives that want America to fail. They have said they want Obama to fail, and wanting Obama to fail is wanting America to fail.

Its just that simple..
xaos
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Auger
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker 1
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: samhill On: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:24 am

Hey' Dan are all those nationwide corp.s that you love so much doing the country a favor by sitting on trillions instead of helping the economy & themselves? Think about what your professing, American Companies deliberately holding the economy down for their own con. interests, you have a weird form of patriotism there Dannnnnn.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:39 am

Sam, along with other libtards you absolutely have no idea what makes capitalism tick. You think the large corps are sitting on trillions as a subversive tactic to deliberately cripple the economy. How can you be so clueless? ALL companies (large and ssmall) are trying to make as much money as possible within the law. You may of heard of it - it is called capitalism. Large corps are paralyzed as big companies tend to launch big projects and that takes years. Yep, we now know how stupid shovel ready projects are.They are stymied by endless regs, unpredictable costs and a totally clueless President. Sam your fixation is pathetic.
coalnewbie
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 110K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93, Jotul 507
Baseburners & Antiques: Red Cross Invader 2
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: xaos On: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:09 pm

Capitalism has failed us because we had 30 years of BS deregulation policies adopted by Regan, Daddy Bush & Dubya . Among other things the last 3 Republican presidencies held and continued in this absurd plan of trickle down, voodoo economic plan of giving tax cuts to the wealthy that will bring jobs to the middle class. It didn't work then and it still doesn't work now but that don't stop the Republicon's still thinking that this ass backward plan will still work.
I think its code word for "F the middle class, we're just stealing their money for our (rich) people." We have always been a mixed economy since the 30's and we need to return to strict regulation and get over the notion that regulation is bad for the "American businesses".
We also have to show that some elements of socialism is good for us and the difference between good socialism and bad socialism. We want to endorse and enforce the good kind of socialism for our country. The more we keep doing this repeatedly we can combat the FOX News definition of "socialism"

My mom worked her entire life, and now can live in peace and relative contentment due to Social Security.
My grandmother worked into her 80's, and lived to 100 in relative peace, health and contentment due to Medicare, Social Security and a Union gained pension from my Grandfather's years as a coal-miner.
My wife was able to stay home for a time after the birth of our children due to the Family Leave Act.
My wife was able to go back to work and we were able to make it financially due to the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Care Tax Credit.
My sister-in-law was able to keep her house with three young boys through unemployment benefits when my brother was laid off for half-a-year.
My niece was able to go to school and get a better job through a Pell Grant.
These are just a few examples.
We didn't have maids and nannies, but we did have a government that actually acknowledged the benefits gained by a society that helps.

Don't go back to the 1850s...DON'T VOTE REPUBLICAN!
xaos
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Auger
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker 1
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: samhill On: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:45 pm

CNB, my mistake, I forgot that Cons only consider capitalism as a form of life , liberty & pursuit, everything & anything for the good of the business, country be damned. Long live the Incorperated States Of America.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: franco b On: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:16 pm

samhill wrote:CNB, my mistake, I forgot that Cons only consider capitalism as a form of life , liberty & pursuit, everything & anything for the good of the business, country be damned. Long live the Incorperated States Of America.

Sam, with the exception of the money that the government has counterfeited every penny that you have as income has come ultimately from private industry. Does it not make sense to create a climate where that industry can flourish? Of course regulation is needed; it was the lack as well as government meddling that caused the mortgage mess. We don't need arbitrary rulings by politically motivated bureaucrats.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: samhill On: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:41 pm

Franco, how much more of a better climate can we afford to create? One of the big problems I see is that all seem to have a different perception of what small business is, we have had the lower rates for over a decade (odd how there were more jobs before the tax cuts) there have been more cuts for small business & the big business has gotten away with murder for many decades, some not paying anything or very little & even beyond that getting subsidies. If there aren't any middle class jobs there aren't any taxes being paid, no wages = no spending, we pump billions overseas but leave our own country deteriorate, just doesn't make much sense to me it makes it quite obvious just who our so called politicians work for. What happens as the middle class keeps dwindling & we no longer have an American market?
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: franco b On: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:46 pm

xaos wrote:My mom worked her entire life, and now can live in peace and relative contentment due to Social Security.
My grandmother worked into her 80's, and lived to 100 in relative peace, health and contentment due to Medicare, Social Security and a Union gained pension from my Grandfather's years as a coal-miner.
My wife was able to stay home for a time after the birth of our children due to the Family Leave Act.
My wife was able to go back to work and we were able to make it financially due to the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Care Tax Credit.
My sister-in-law was able to keep her house with three young boys through unemployment benefits when my brother was laid off for half-a-year.
My niece was able to go to school and get a better job through a Pell Grant.
These are just a few examples.

What do you think has funded all these things?
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: If I wanted America to Fail

PostBy: xaos On: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:51 pm

The hard working middle class.

And FDR in 1935..
xaos
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Auger
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker 1
Coal Size/Type: Rice