Oldest Active Members

Re: Oldest Active Members

PostBy: franco b On: Sun May 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Just a note of thanks to Richard for his tact and wisdom in doing things just right.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: Oldest Active Members

PostBy: Bunky On: Mon May 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Whenever I needed an expert I knew where to find one. Whenever I wanted to read real answers by real people I knew where to go. I'd like to add my thanks to Rich as well for a site well done & willingness to patiently answer us with his increasing knowledge. And again patience...what a wonderful success your forum has become! It seems to me that the members here are of the same cloth so to speak... Just the right amount of info with a hint of friendly humor. I must also add it's not only the site itself and the draw of coal initially but the people it brings to form a nice mix of folks who make it just right. Congrats! :up:
Bunky
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaskan
Stove/Furnace Model: Kast Console II

Re: Oldest Active Members

PostBy: rberq On: Tue May 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Bunky wrote:I'd like to add my thanks to Rich as well for a site well done & willingness to patiently answer us with his increasing knowledge.

Ditto. And I always feel guilty when Richard posts something political and I have to argue with him. Though usually he's at least half right. :P
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: Oldest Active Members

PostBy: Bunky On: Wed May 16, 2012 9:17 pm

rberq wrote:
Bunky wrote:I'd like to add my thanks to Rich as well for a site well done & willingness to patiently answer us with his increasing knowledge.

Ditto. And I always feel guilty when Richard posts something political and I have to argue with him. Though usually he's at least half right. :P


It's fun to argue with Richard if you have a tiny bit of good information on your side. Just make sure you research your topic first! :funny:
Bunky
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaskan
Stove/Furnace Model: Kast Console II

Re: Oldest Active Members

PostBy: Joeski On: Sun May 27, 2012 1:25 am

I found myself in that link on page 131. That was from Nov. 14th at 12:01 am. We have 100 more pages of members since then. I think coal is taking off since a little over 6 years for me to be on page 131 and now 1 & 1/2 years later 232 pages of members. I think oil is making a lot of people :mad:
Joeski
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading
Stove/Furnace Model: Susquehanna

Re: Oldest Active Members

PostBy: SMITTY On: Sun May 27, 2012 10:56 am

It's nice to be included on a list that doesn't result in the extortion of my money by the state. :D

Well done Richard! :cheers:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Oldest Active Members

PostBy: rberq On: Sun May 27, 2012 8:40 pm

SMITTY wrote:It's nice to be included on a list that doesn't result in the extortion of my money by the state.

Dear Mr. Smit Ty:

It has come to our attention that you have received services, in the form of information, from the entity known as NEPA Coal Forum. These services have a dollar value, and therefore are subject to MassTax, the new all-encompassing revenue-enhancement program for the Commonwealth of Taxachusetts. Please file amended tax returns for the last six years, reflecting as income the fair market value of said services received. Remit tax due, with 10 percent penalty for each year, plus interest.

It is further noted that you have offered advice to others in return for services received, again through the notorious NEPA forum. This quid pro quo is a form of barter, which is deemed to violate MassTax regulations by shielding from taxation not only the value of services you received, but the value received from you by others. Please provide form 1099-GOTCHA to all recipients of your advice, placing a reasonable valuation on the information you provided, and remit to MassTax copies of said 1099s and the penalty fees for late filing.
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: Oldest Active Members

PostBy: SMITTY On: Sun May 27, 2012 10:43 pm

:rofl: Nice work Rberg! I can tell you must've lived here before.

That' s about what I expect in the mail soon ... :|
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Oldest Active Members

PostBy: 009to090 On: Mon May 28, 2012 7:37 am

rberq wrote:It is further noted that you have offered advice to others in return for services received, again through the notorious NEPA forum. This quid pro quo is a form of barter, which is deemed to violate MassTax regulations by shielding from taxation not only the value of services you received, but the value received from you by others. Please provide form 1099-GOTCHA to all recipients of your advice, placing a reasonable valuation on the information you provided, and remit to MassTax copies of said 1099s and the penalty fees for late filing.

He was just offering his 2 cents like all of us do. Whats the Mass Tax on 2 cents?

Hey, don't laugh.... I had to pay a "get out of NJ" tax when we moved. About $3000 payable at our house Closing. :mad3: :mad3:
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: Oldest Active Members

PostBy: samhill On: Mon May 28, 2012 7:44 am

Do you have to pay that moving tax even if you were buying another house in the state? From what I have read of a couple of states it would seem to be money well spent, & I used to think that Pa. is bad. Not that Pa. is a low tax state but now I know it could be worse.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Oldest Active Members

PostBy: 009to090 On: Mon May 28, 2012 7:55 am

samhill wrote:Do you have to pay that moving tax even if you were buying another house in the state?

No.
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: Oldest Active Members

PostBy: Ed.A On: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:18 pm

Wow..it's been awhile. Good to see some old names still active. No excuses, just fell into the whole idea that my Coal stove was the greatest and the message and questions were answered and no need to hang around ..rather selfish I must say after seeing so many that helped me are stil here helping the newbies out.

Just picked up a old Stoker II (SN8865) late 90's or 2000?
with power vent ..like new, will post pics and infoin appropriate topic soon.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Oldest Active Members

PostBy: freetown fred On: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Lookin fwd to pix my friend.
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix