So, it turns out I wasn't able to pull the flue liner out. I guess it was being held in by some of the cement but not all of it. It was a little loose I could rock it a bit. What I did, and I'm pretty sure it's wrong and I'm going to get yelled at for it but I did it anyway. What I did was took some furnace cement and put it on the seam where the cement and bottom of the liner meet. I let it dry over night and checked it this morning. I wasn't able to rock it anymore and it seemed to hold it in place.
My wife put the brakes on the additional 2', it would seem that spending an additional $230 for an extension ladder on top of the additional $50 for the two block and one flue liner would put us over our budget by $190 give or take. But, in her defense, the mortgage is due and that is a bit more important. In the past year I've had to learn to budget, its not easy for me. So, I'm leaving the 2' that I did manage to put on for now. Eventually, I'll add the 2' but not now. Scaffolding wasn't really pursued, mainly because I didn't understand the pricing of the rental nor how to setup or use it. So, after I called around for some prices and was confused I just kind of dropped it.
So, I cemented the top of it. Used some card board to keep the cement away from the flue tile that was sticking out. I was going to put the slate piece back on, but well...I couldn't lift it that high by myself, so instead of risking the throwing of my back out or falling off the roof I opted to just put a bunch of cement on the top and kind of round it a bit.
I also cemented the bottom where the block meet the original chimney, I put a small round on it too. Then for whatever reason I took whatever cement I had left and put it on the face of the block. Of course, I didn't have enough to do all four sides so it looks....well...off. Eventually I'd like to get that "Airstone" and put it around the block. I was looking at it this afternoon.
I wanted to get some high temp (700º) silicone but the place that carries it was closed. So, I went for (650º). I figured, if the top of my chimney is (650º) then I've got some larger problems. Like the nuclear meltdown in my living room.
Overall, I guess I'm happy with how it turned out. Even though, I'm not sure I did it correct or not. I'm not a mason and I kind of winged it. I do wish I could've gone the additional 2'. But, well...we can only do what we can at any given moment. Hopefully it works. Although, I'm kind of wondering now that it's a larger flue if I will still have draft issues. I guess I'll still need to use the draft inducer. But, I won't officially know until I fire the stove up.
Yes, that cap is "Made in the USA"; it's powder coated galvanized. No, I don't expect to get more than a few (1-2) seasons out of it.