Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:53 pm

Some say he already is. :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: freetown fred On: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Oh goody, let's split the votes & put BO right back in for another 4--come on people, wake up. :(
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: grumpy On: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:40 pm

freetown fred wrote:Oh goody, let's split the votes & put BO right back in for another 4--come on people, wake up. :(



Fred, some of us have woke up, woke up to the fact it really does not matter who gets the white house next. Do you really think Mittens will be any different in the big picture. No we are pretty well screwed no matter what. America had it's chance to at least start real change but they blew it. Calling the people sheep is an understatement. I want Obummer out as much as you do.

But what it comes down to is it's the left wing and the right wing of the same bird, you can vote all you want but the flight path does not change......

Or to put it another way.. It's two cheeks on the same A$$...
grumpy
 


Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:48 pm

freetown fred wrote:Oh goody, let's split the votes & put BO right back in for another 4--come on people, wake up. :(


I'd look in the mirror when you say "Wake up"

Willard is no different than Barry.

If he was any sort of change, would Cheney and his friends raise $4 million for him the other day?

Said it before and I'll say it again. GWB=BHO=WMR.

They guy already said he's ready to go to war with Iran. He's got no intention of even looking at the Fed. And he's campaigning on "Repeal and Replace" Obamacare. With what!? Romneycare?
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: grumpy On: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:59 pm

He is not telling us he will go to war, he is telling TPTB he is on board with there agenda..
grumpy
 

Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:01 pm

grumpy wrote:He is not telling us he will go to war, he is telling TPTB he is on board with there agenda..


I think it's the other way around. :)

All the contenders have to take an audience with Kissenger.

I'm sure they all get shown a film of the JFK assassination from an angle no one has ever seen before. :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: grumpy On: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:02 pm

LOL.. you may be right...
grumpy
 

Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: franco b On: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:13 pm

So you think Romney will have the same energy policy and foreign policy as well as the same attitude toward business and taxes and the budget? I think you need to get real. His beliefs and actions will be very different from Obama. Not Ron Paul different but enough to change the direction we are heading in, perhaps better than Paul could do it because he has a lot more moderate support. Sour grapes will just make things worse. All or nothing will just get you nothing.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: grumpy On: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Nothing, yep, what we got....
grumpy
 

Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:27 pm

franco b wrote:So you think Romney will have the same energy policy and foreign policy as well as the same attitude toward business and taxes and the budget? I think you need to get real. His beliefs and actions will be very different from Obama. Not Ron Paul different but enough to change the direction we are heading in, perhaps better than Paul could do it because he has a lot more moderate support. Sour grapes will just make things worse. All or nothing will just get you nothing.


He doesn't have ANY moderate support. That's why he isn't walking away with this election. Both camps have their extremists on either side.

Ron Paul has more moderate support than either.

I say Romney will do nothing to change monetary or fiscal policy.

What is it do you THINK he will do? Because all I've ever heard him say are vague campaign promises like "Create jobs", which isn't a role of the government by the way.

So what am I wrong about?
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: franco b On: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:48 pm

jpete wrote:What is it do you THINK he will do? Because all I've ever heard him say are vague campaign promises like "Create jobs", which isn't a role of the government by the way.

So what am I wrong about?

He will get rid of Obamacare. He will not raise taxes. He will submit a budget as well as a plan to achieve balance. He will address the shortfalls in Social security and Medicare. He will encourage energy resources. All these things Obama will not do.

Government does not create jobs but it sure knows how to destroy them. The current mess is government created and by refraining from the actions of the past, government in that sense creates jobs. Romney believes in a free market, something Obama and most Americans do not.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:04 am

franco b wrote:
jpete wrote:What is it do you THINK he will do? Because all I've ever heard him say are vague campaign promises like "Create jobs", which isn't a role of the government by the way.

So what am I wrong about?

He will get rid of Obamacare. He will not raise taxes. He will submit a budget as well as a plan to achieve balance. He will address the shortfalls in Social security and Medicare. He will encourage energy resources. All these things Obama will not do.

Government does not create jobs but it sure knows how to destroy them. The current mess is government created and by refraining from the actions of the past, government in that sense creates jobs. Romney believes in a free market, something Obama and most Americans do not.


Ok, he'll get rid of Obamacare. But he promise to "Replace" it. The question is, "With what?"

He won't raise taxes. How does he go to war with Iran and not raise taxes? Doesn't that exclude the possibility of "a plan to achieve balance"? And balance when? 5 years out? 10? Do we have that long?

Without changing monetary policy(The Fed), which he isn't going to do, how do you "achieve balance" without raising taxes? Think he's going to make major cuts? He isn't going to touch the military. And no way Congress lets him cut SS or Medicare.

How does he magically make things balance?

Romney made his bones on the fascist system we live under. He doesn't know the first thing about the free market and he certainly isn't going to change now.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: wsherrick On: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:08 am

samhill wrote:xaos, you must have really hit a very tender spot, got the name calling out without any problem. Funny how when they do something towards liberals it's normally met with rebuttals & proof instead of vile names, I can just picture the drool flying & the veins popping out, you did good.


Not name calling just stating a fact. I wonder what it was that made you hate your Country, hate the Rich, hate Christians, hate the Constitution. The top post is nothing but someone drooling at the mouth with Hate. Another thing that is so laughable is the arrogant condescension of you people. Insanity is defined by doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. You ignore the entire record of Human History, ignore Reason, ignore easily demonstrated facts that your positions only end in death and tyranny. Poverty, death and tyranny over and over again throughout History and you always say, "This time it will be different;" or the most obtuse statement of all, "Well, it has never been done just right yet." You don't like individual freedom and ESPECIALLY personal accountability. You abrogate your reason, everything is subject to WHOMEVER you hate and want to get even with. You want a KIng and you want to be a subject. At your hearts you are all Medievalists. All this in the name of your desire for revenge or getting back at group or groups that you resent, hate and or are jealous of.
What happened in your childhood? Did the Grinch steal your Christmas? Did your mean ole third grade teacher take away your Yo Yo? Were you jealous of some rich kid in high school that got all of the pretty girls because he had a fancy car and you didn't? What did it? Be honest. Of course you can't be honest because your woes are always somebody else's fault and darn it THEY GOTTA PAY.

You can follow your Pied Piper over the cliff just like a bunch of Lemmings if you want to. The only problem is you are going to drag the rest of Humanity down with you just like you always have done.

You don't make me angry not at all. Just a lot of pity and disgust, that's all.
wsherrick
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: Ed.A On: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:02 am

wsherrick wrote:You don't make me angry not at all. Just a lot of pity and disgust, that's all.


Well said.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Rmoney's nomination may put the GOP into third party status

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:03 am

Pity & disgust covers it on this end also. Some people just seem to thrive on negativity and an over abundance of misinformation--My age & ignorance has been pointed out to me, plus the stupidness of my referring to people on here as "friend' sooo, in order to confirm all that brilliance, all I have to add is, if I ever become unteachable from people that have "been there done that" in real life---shoot me-- The old love it or leave it theory keeps spinning through my head--these people, as wsherrick stated, don't create anger. You give yourselves WAY to much credit, but when one becomes a legend in one's own mind--these responses/ discussions is what you get :(
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix