To cure the liner, I used a tip from another member on the forum and used about 6 cans of sterno and placed them into the ash pan and closed the doors on the stove. Within about four hours the liner was fully cured and was left with a perfect liner.
I found this link which has instructions on how to install both Plibrico and Chicago Fire Brick Super Air Bondshttp://www.fssperry.com/PDF_Documents/P ... lation.pdf
Tips on how to install the liner.
Tools --> 3 lbs rubber mallet, a small putty knife and a flat shovel.
After you open the box and remove the block of refractory from the bag I used a flat shovel to slice off 1" slabs of material as I went along.
I was told this tip from Brandon at the Stove Hospital and it worked very well
The instructions state that you should hammer the cement to 100% of it's thickness. In other words if you want a 1 inch liner, start with 2 inches of material and compress it by hammering down to a the 1 inch thickness that you desired.
Don't worry, you have plenty of time to work with the refractory. --> cures very slowly.
What I did.
I first measured the liner height I wanted the liner to be which was 12 inches and divided it by 4 which came out to 3 inches. I then used an old plank that was the same thickness that I wanted the liner to be and plunged cut a rectangle out of the middle that was 3 inches by 10 inches. This allowed me to handle the material in small workable pieces. Next, I sliced off 1 inch thick slabs off of the block of refractory and laid them into the opening of the form making sure that I doubled up the thickness of the material. I then hammered the material into the opening of the form until I fully compressed it down to the thickness of the plank. I then used a small putting knife to remove the rectangle 3"X12" piece out of the form and laid the first piece of the liner into the fire pot. I repeated the steps over and over again trimming the pieces when needed and worked my way up the fire pot until it was fully lined. After I went over all the seams with small hand fulls of the material and worked it into any cracks by hand. I finally went over the whole liner with a 1" putty knife and a little bit of water pulling upward to smooth out the liner.
Curing the liner --> I waited a full week before I attempted to cure the liner and did not run into any issues at all. The material stayed soft to the touch until the day it was cured. Using I a tip from another member on the forum I used about 6 cans of sterno and placed them into the ash pan and closed the doors on the stove. Within about four hours the liner was fully cured and was left with a perfect liner.
I found the refractory incredibly easy to work with and was able to shape it anyway you want it with very little effort.