Paul Ryan...our New VP

Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: Dann757 On: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:23 pm

I just saw Ryan's interview with Hannity. Awesome. Awesome guy. Notice the libs here, as a microcosm of the whole leftist ideology, can only resort to petty obfuscations and angry attacks on Ryan's character. They don't have a single defense for Obama's totally failed policies.
What a great interview, Ryan is a breath of fresh air and doesn't need a teleprompter expose the failed ideology that Obama clings to.
Don't ask the libs to take a glance at the failed socialist policies of Europe. They're in desperate straits over there, and the lazy populations are freaking out and demanding no austerity measures. The same socialism Obama worships and wants to continue to foist on the weary American people, AGAIN.
The libs here won't mention the crushing debt that Obama has no concern for whatsoever. Where did all that stimulus money go? The libs will say it would have been worse without it, no proof whatsoever. Obama had complete control of Congress for the first two years and the economy only stagnated while his crony capitalism benefitted his wealthy campaign donors and commie unions. The American people got screwed.
Shovel ready jobs, bullet trains, millions more jobs, recovering economy, educational competitivenesss--- none of it has materialized.
Now he is asking for another stimulus, more of the same, while he condescends on the citizens and tells them they're helpless without being dependant on big government.
The libs won't mention the ever intruding and taxing policies of the farthest left President in history. He thinks that the coming tax increase on small business, up to 40%, will create jobs. The Canadians just lowered the tax rate on similar businesses to 15%. This stifles the engine of our economy, small business. This crippling tax will not go to pay down the national debt, it will vanish like steam into big government expansion.
That's only the jist of it, the whole interview pointed out that we have a choice, more of the same failed policies; or the realistic and pragmatic definitive plan Romney/Ryan will bring to the country.
Watch carefully as the pathetic libs here try to attack Ryan, a guy who has consistently been re-elected in a democratic district, who has seen the troops overseas in person more than golfing Obama, who has the sincere and America loving desire to pull us out of the abyssmal quagmire the liar in chief is doing anything to avoid talking about or admitting to.
One thing Obama has been successful at, dividing gullible Americans.
Dann757
 

Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: samhill On: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:36 am

Nice post Dann, not accurate but evenly tempered. I think this will dispute much of what he says. http://news.yahoo.com/ryan-now-says-did ... 35411.html
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: franco b On: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:09 am

To answer a previous claim that stimulus funds had to be asked for. Wells Fargo stated that they were forced to take money or else. They did not want it.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea


Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: samhill On: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:37 am

Franco, I'm pretty sure that was TARP money & how are you forced to take it? The TARP funds at that time had no repayment provision so I don't think their arm was twisted all that much.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: franco b On: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:05 am

samhill wrote:Franco, I'm pretty sure that was TARP money & how are you forced to take it? The TARP funds at that time had no repayment provision so I don't think their arm was twisted all that much.

Nevertheless that was their claim. I am sure there are lots of ways for the Fed or government to put pressure on a bank.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: rberq On: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:33 pm

franco b wrote:To answer a previous claim that stimulus funds had to be asked for. Wells Fargo stated that they were forced to take money or else. They did not want it.

They had to take it or else .... what?
I think you need to provide a source for your statement -- like a direct quote, in context, from an official Wells Fargo spokesman or public statement. A reference from Fox Not News, saying that Rush said that Sean said that Glenn said that his girlfriend's uncle's second cousin (who is in the know) said -- will not be sufficient.
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: rberq On: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Paul Ryan ... our New VP ... the American Taliban:

"Paul Ryan, who teamed up with Akin in the House to sponsor harsh anti-abortion bills, may look young and hip and new generation, with his iPod full of heavy metal jams and his cute kids. But he’s just a fresh face on a Taliban creed -- the evermore antediluvian, anti-women, anti-immigrant, anti-gay conservative core. Amiable in khakis and polo shirts, Ryan is the perfect modern leader to rally medieval Republicans who believe that Adam and Eve cavorted with dinosaurs."
-- Maureen Dowd
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:46 pm

rberq wrote:
franco b wrote:To answer a previous claim that stimulus funds had to be asked for. Wells Fargo stated that they were forced to take money or else. They did not want it.

They had to take it or else .... what?
I think you need to provide a source for your statement -- like a direct quote, in context, from an official Wells Fargo spokesman or public statement. A reference from Fox Not News, saying that Rush said that Sean said that Glenn said that his girlfriend's uncle's second cousin (who is in the know) said -- will not be sufficient.


http://www.businessinsider.com/uncovere ... ash-2009-5

The first 1-pager is Paulson's talking points for the bank. It basically confirms that he put a gun to all their heads. It says they must agree to take their cash, and that if they protested, then each bank's regulator would force them to take it anyway.


There's this thing we have, called the "internet", where we keep things that people might want to know. You can try it any time you want! :D ;)
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: rberq On: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:17 pm

jpete wrote:
rberq wrote:I think you need to provide a source for your statement -- a reference from Fox Not News ... will not be sufficient.

There's this thing we have, called the "internet", where we keep things that people might want to know. You can try it any time you want! :D ;)

Well, that "source" is too much like Fox Not News for me. Funny how you and I can read the same words and interpret them totally differently. What I read is, "You nine banks have f*cked up the US economy and brought it to the brink of disaster, and you obviously don't give a sh*t, but the rest of us do. This is how we're going to fix it, whether you like it or not."

As far as I can see, the biggest failure of the government was not to throw a bunch of bankers in jail for an extended vacation.
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: samhill On: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Some of you are still talking about Obama's stim. funds but showing half hearted proof about Bush's TARP funds, which is it & just how were they forced?
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:30 pm

rberq wrote:
jpete wrote:
rberq wrote:I think you need to provide a source for your statement -- a reference from Fox Not News ... will not be sufficient.

There's this thing we have, called the "internet", where we keep things that people might want to know. You can try it any time you want! :D ;)

Well, that "source" is too much like Fox Not News for me. Funny how you and I can read the same words and interpret them totally differently. What I read is, "You nine banks have f*cked up the US economy and brought it to the brink of disaster, and you obviously don't give a sh*t, but the rest of us do. This is how we're going to fix it, whether you like it or not."

As far as I can see, the biggest failure of the government was not to throw a bunch of bankers in jail for an extended vacation.


Did you read the actual documents?

Not the reporters words, but the words on the page?

If that doesn't convince you then the only possibility is that you just don't WANT to believe it and short of Ben Bernanke coming to your house, giving you a full confession and a happy ending, you aren't going to believe it.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: homecomfort On: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Romney, and especially Ryan are trying their best to distance themselves from sen. forced rape todd akin, guv. Romney even asking akin to drop out of sen, race. akin said no way mitt. soory, you run yur race, and I will run mine. fact is though, Ryan IS Akin, Akin is Ryan, and the rest of the gop is akin. GOP men, word used loosely, if you all are so dead set against abortion, a woman's right to choose.since you are the other half of the problem, unwanted pregnancy, for all of you that failed sex ed, go get yourselves sterilized, then you have more credibility. better yet, get castrated, since most have no balls anyway.
homecomfort
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Franco-Belge,+ Penn Stove
Stove/Furnace Model: Normandie, + Chubby

Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: lsayre On: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 pm

homecomfort wrote:Romney, and especially Ryan are trying their best to distance themselves from sen. forced rape todd akin, guv. Romney even asking akin to drop out of sen, race. akin said no way mitt. soory, you run yur race, and I will run mine. fact is though, Ryan IS Akin, Akin is Ryan, and the rest of the gop is akin. GOP men, word used loosely, if you all are so dead set against abortion, a woman's right to choose.since you are the other half of the problem, unwanted pregnancy, for all of you that failed sex ed, go get yourselves sterilized, then you have more credibility. better yet, get castrated, since most have no balls anyway.


Can you feel the love? This my friends is a prime example of the selfless mind at work. Unrestrained, it would rapidly morph into a new iteration of Hitler or Stalin. Given enough time and authority, all such so called selfless (actually altruistic) thought always devolves into totalitarian thought.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: rberq On: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:52 am

jpete wrote:
rberq wrote:Funny how you and I can read the same words and interpret them totally differently.

Did you read the actual documents?
Not the reporters words, but the words on the page?
If that doesn't convince you then the only possibility is that you just don't WANT to believe it

Yep. Read the reporter's words AND the actual documents. And I still came away with a much different interpretation than yours. Maybe I don't want to believe, or maybe you want too much to believe. :?:
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: Paul Ryan...our New VP

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:49 am

So what is your "interpretation" of this? It seems pretty clear to me.
Attachments
tarp.jpg
(52.96 KiB) Viewed 4 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]36173[/nepathumb]
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice