I think I just witnessed a Future President

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 am

Jefferson & Madison are both dead & have been for a long time & both wanted the Constitution rewritten on a regular basis so that the old & dead weren't running things.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:11 am

samhill wrote:Jefferson & Madison are both dead & have been for a long time & both wanted the Constitution rewritten on a regular basis so that the old & dead weren't running things.


But since we HAVEN'T gotten together and rewritten the Constitution, I'm going to say we are still operating under it.

The POTUS does take an oath to uphold it after all.....

You really have a twisted mind Sam.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:21 am

I have a twisted mind, I,m not the one that brought them up about those that spoke at the convention so far or brought up something that they had said but then just change that subject.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75


Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:56 am

samhill wrote:I have a twisted mind, I,m not the one that brought them up about those that spoke at the convention so far or brought up something that they had said but then just change that subject.


I was specifically addressing a point you made. How is that "changing the subject"?
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: EarthWindandFire On: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:58 am

As much as I like Rand, he is not Presidential material. I would love to see him as Vice President.
EarthWindandFire
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:46 am

Totally wrong choice! As a resident of Orange County NY, I was rather hoping Paul Teutel Sr. would be picked. Remember, nobody ever got poorer underestimating the taste of the American public.
coalnewbie
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93,
Baseburners & Antiques: Invader 2 Wings Best, Glenwood #8 + Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:10 pm

Except for Paul Teutel Sr. :)
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: mason coal burner On: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Don't forget about reconstruction under lincoln . He rewrote the constitution and created the u.s. citizen (slave) . Notice after that all the amendments became about laws controlling us not what our rights are that the government must protect .
mason coal burner
 
Stove/Furnace Make: hitzer/glenwood
Stove/Furnace Model: 82/111

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: samhill On: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:07 am

I also think I may have witnessed a future President but he wasn't from a line of family politicians & he knew what the real world & it's problems actually are by living them rather than hear say. Someday he may just become our first President that came from Hispanic stock, wouldn't that frost something for a lot of people, President Castro of the United States of America. :shock: :lol:
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: freetown fred On: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:39 am

We're about as ready for Castro as we were for BO
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 pm

samhill wrote:I also think I may have witnessed a future President but he wasn't from a line of family politicians & he knew what the real world & it's problems actually are by living them rather than hear say. Someday he may just become our first President that came from Hispanic stock, wouldn't that frost something for a lot of people, President Castro of the United States of America. :shock: :lol:


And the powers that be STILL wouldn't let him end the foolish embargo on Cuba! :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: franco b On: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am

Why foolish and would not a Cuban American President be most likely to extend them?
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:20 pm

franco b wrote:Why foolish and would not a Cuban American President be most likely to extend them?



Why would a Cuban American president continue the policies which help keep his native country poor?

And it's foolish because we have had somewhat normal relations with Russia since Reagan and China has had "Most Favored Nation" trading status since Clinton but Cuba is somehow still a "threat"?

Regardless of what "Who-lian" Castro believes, the powers that be would never allow it because it would point out how pointless the policy was to begin with.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: franco b On: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:15 pm

jpete wrote:Why would a Cuban American president continue the policies which help keep his native country poor?

To bring about the collapse of the government that is keeping them poor? I thought you believed in maximum freedom for the individual? It might be the wrong way to bring about what we desire, I don't know and since we did not do it another way I still don't know.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:47 pm

franco b wrote:
jpete wrote:Why would a Cuban American president continue the policies which help keep his native country poor?

To bring about the collapse of the government that is keeping them poor? I thought you believed in maximum freedom for the individual? It might be the wrong way to bring about what we desire, I don't know and since we did not do it another way I still don't know.


Of course I believe in maximum freedom for the individual.

But I don't believe the entrenched power in government would allow ANY president to end the embargo on Cuba as long as a Castro was alive, even if it was POTUS Castro.

Fidel has been making the CIA look foolish for 50 years. They aren't going to let that slide.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice