I think I just witnessed a Future President

I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: Ed.A On: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Wow....Rand Paul just blew the house down. I knew he was good but man he's got it.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: franco b On: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:49 pm

Thought it was excellent too.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: freetown fred On: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:01 pm

It was & he also knows when it will be his time. He is a thinker & a doer, not just a talker. I'm sure he will be quite an asset to the Romney platform
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix


Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:27 pm

While I bristle at his endorsement of Romney, I think he is doing what is right to further the cause.

I have NEVER been one to "play the game" which is probably why I like Ron Paul so much.

But I also realize it has cost me in my own life and I think Ron Paul realizes it held back his ultimate objective.

Rand is able to straddle the fence, keep a seat at the table and move the ball forward.

I'm looking forward to voting for him in 2016. :)
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: lsayre On: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:35 pm

jpete wrote:I'm looking forward to voting for him in 2016. :)


I concur! Although I believe that for Rand Paul to be a candidate for President in 2016 he will most likely have to go the independent route. Unlike the Dem's, who have a penchant for thrusting virtual unknowns into the Presidential limelight, the Republicans are entrenched deeply with the idea that many years of dues paying are required before they will permit you to be their candidate of choice.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:59 pm

lsayre wrote:
jpete wrote:I'm looking forward to voting for him in 2016. :)


I concur! Although I believe that for Rand Paul to be a candidate for President in 2016 he will most likely have to go the independent route. Unlike the Dem's, who have a penchant for thrusting virtual unknowns into the Presidential limelight, the Republicans are entrenched deeply with the idea that many years of dues paying are required before they will permit you to be their candidate of choice.


I think after four more years of Obama, they'll be willing to take a chance. ;)
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: lsayre On: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:05 pm

jpete wrote:I think after four more years of Obama, they'll be willing to take a chance. ;)


He has learned to perform some of the requisite boot licking, so that might reduce the requisite years of dues paying.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:26 pm

My main concern is not the presidency - it's both Houses (especially the Senate). We desperately need PRINCIPLED occupants there, along with the House. Progressives in BOTH parties need to go, NOW.

This needs to start at home ... on your street ... in your town. It needs to start at the bottom and work it's way up. Then, and only then, God willing, we will have FULLY taken our country back. The movement has already started. People are finally waking up. I have hope again.
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: lsayre On: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:33 pm

SMITTY wrote:My main concern is not the presidency - it's both Houses (especially the Senate). We desperately need PRINCIPLED occupants there, along with the House. Progressives in BOTH parties need to go, NOW.

This needs to start at home ... on your street ... in your town. It needs to start at the bottom and work it's way up. Then, and only then, God willing, we will have FULLY taken our country back. The movement has already started. People are finally waking up. I have hope again.


I'm not quite so optimistic, but I fully concur with this well stated and accurate assessment of the degree of change required, and how it must come about!
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:11 pm

SMITTY wrote:My main concern is not the presidency - it's both Houses (especially the Senate). We desperately need PRINCIPLED occupants there, along with the House. Progressives in BOTH parties need to go, NOW.

This needs to start at home ... on your street ... in your town. It needs to start at the bottom and work it's way up. Then, and only then, God willing, we will have FULLY taken our country back. The movement has already started. People are finally waking up. I have hope again.


Tried that. I got "Ron Pauled" before Ron Paul!

The local republican party doesn't want me and everyone else calls me a kook! :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: freetown fred On: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:36 pm

People that become legends in thier own minds tend not to last all that long out here, they tend to regress back to the cities with the other great thinkers & actually think they are accomplishing something. :(
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: franco b On: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:26 pm

jpete wrote:The local republican party doesn't want me and everyone else calls me a kook!

I don't think you are a kook at all. I think you are absolutely right in your belief in the supremacy of the individual. It's just your strategy and tactics I think are bad.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:21 am

From what I have been reading most of you should consider yourselves kooks, think about it these guys are great because they are great at reading a teleprompter & saying what a prepared speech said & because it's what you want to hear they are great Patriots even if it's not within their power if they do get elected. Heck some built themselves, some say the Supreme Court doesn't have to be listened to. what have any said that really outlines what is good for the country (not themselves) how they will do it (not first thing I will do) & the real tough one is where all the money will come from. A great American Patriot who hides his money in foreign lands to avoid supporting his country (think about that). If elected I promise to give each & every tax payer a tax cut & the ability to put their savings in an off shore sheltered account while going to wars & spending like a drunken fool. (should work it has before).
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:29 am

samhill wrote:some say the Supreme Court doesn't have to be listened to.


And some of those people are named Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.

http://www.libertyclassroom.com/nullification/

Says Thomas Jefferson, among other distinguished Americans. His draft of the Kentucky Resolutions of 1798 first introduced the word “nullification” into American political life, and follow-up resolutions in 1799 employed Jefferson’s formulation that “nullification…is the rightful remedy” when the federal government reaches beyond its constitutional powers. In the Virginia Resolutions of 1798, James Madison said the states were “duty bound to resist” when the federal government violated the Constitution.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: I think I just witnessed a Future President

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:30 am

franco b wrote:
jpete wrote:The local republican party doesn't want me and everyone else calls me a kook!

I don't think you are a kook at all. I think you are absolutely right in your belief in the supremacy of the individual. It's just your strategy and tactics I think are bad.


Agreed. I was never much on strategy and tactics.

I'm more of a bash you over the head with facts kind of guy. :)
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice