What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: RAYJAY On: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:01 am

smitty i worked on those "shitty k cars " along with the dodge omni's and there was not a thing wrong with them they were one of the easiest car to fix, and seen them get over 200 plus mile on the motors they were not a slow car by any means no pocket rocket but a really good work car timing belt was only a 2 hour job and could do the head gaskets in them in 4 hours the right way not just slipping the gasket........

and as for the truck market if the auto makers get the MPG up on there full line up the trucks do not suffer as much, the 1/2 market has been sissified for years to many ass-hats that buy a truck and don't use it for a truck, they just want to look tough driving it, rember when you could not even get a 4 door truck unless it was a used pendot truck..... only color was yellow....
RAYJAY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: VAN WERT - 600 VA HOT WATER
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: HARMAN- MAGUM STOKER
Coal Size/Type: BUCKWHEAT ON BOTH
Other Heating: NG BOILER

Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: lsayre On: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:06 am

As I see it, things were different when gasoline was between $0.25 and $0.37 per gallon, and all of the gasoline we consumed came from the good old USA. Now 2/3 of it comes from foreign nations and the cost is around $3.80/gal. and climbing.

Education and rational choices are seriously required in the purchase of a vehicle now. Back in my youth such was unheard of. All that mattered when I was young was how many HP you had and how fast you could go. In retrospect I find it tragic that out of ignorance and the desire to have a good time we squandered much of our nations supply of fuel on passenger cars and trucks getting between 7 and 12 MPG.

Government mandates are not desired or required, but education and sensibility in ones choices are required. Many valid needs still exist for high HP and/or large personal vehicles, but it seems highly irrational to me that about 2/3 of the passenger vehicles I see on the road today are SUV's, vans, and pick-ups wherein a single motorist is merely using them perhaps up to 95% of the time merely to go to and from work.

I wish there were more diesel options in the "free" USA. In Europe 52% of the passenger vehicles on the road today are diesels. Diesels average roughly 30-35% higher mileage than comparable gasoline engine passenger vehicles.

Personally both my wife and I drive 2006 Chevy Aveo's to and from work (averaging about 35-36 MPG). Mine has 167,000 miles on it and is still going strong. My wife has about 125,000 miles on hers and it still looks like the day we purchased it.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: SMITTY On: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:16 am

RAYJAY wrote:smitty i worked on those "shitty k cars " along with the dodge omni's and there was not a thing wrong with them they were one of the easiest car to fix, and seen them get over 200 plus mile on the motors they were not a slow car by any means no pocket rocket but a really good work car timing belt was only a 2 hour job and could do the head gaskets in them in 4 hours the right way not just slipping the gasket........

............

Maybe they shipped all the Friday cars to MA ... because I remember just about every single Chrysler econobox back then burning oil - clouds of blue smoke coming from all their tailpipes at every light & stop sign. Also rotted away to nothing in less than 5 years.

I had an ex that drove an '81 Omni. I remember out in my ghetto apartment complex parking lot in Worcester trying to do a simple 5 minute thermostat swap ... which turned into a 3 day *censored*-show. Carless for 3 days ... had to ride the city bus - that was FUN! :| Not one bolt .... BOTH bolts holding the t-stat housing on BROKE in the block. Had to yank the radiator just to get barely enough room to drill it out. Of course, the drill walked all over the place, and the hole was 1/2" by the time I had got the bolt ... and the snapped Easy-Out out of there!! That was REAL fun!! Ended up sticking a pen where the hole should have been, and filling all around it in with Quicksteel Epoxy. Drilled, tapped, and I'll be damned it didn't leak!

Floor on that car was GONE. Was all south shore road signs. :lol: Then the ex pulled out in front of someone & got T-boned, which snapped the whole rear axle assembly right off the unibody.

A real fine auto right there ...
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler


Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: Richard S. On: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:34 am

Dann757 wrote:I had a 91 Civic hatch for a couple years.


Those were excellent cars. My cousin had one around that year and we used it twice for a cross country excursion.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: Ed.A On: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:10 am

SMITTY wrote:.....maybe they shipped all the Friday cars to MA ... because I remember just about every single Chrysler econobox back then burning oil - clouds of blue smoke coming from all their tailpipes at every light & stop sign. Also rotted away to nothing in less than 5 years.


No kidding Smitty! I had 83 "Charger" ( that was a frigging JOKE, Charger? really?) 2.2 Mitz-a bushie engine...which of course after 35K it's head was warped... Appearently something quite common to those POS.
Filled the radiator with Heavey Duty Stop Leak and traded it in for F-body Camaro...which pretty my sucked as well.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: RAYJAY On: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:17 am

SMITTY wrote:
RAYJAY wrote:smitty i worked on those "shitty k cars " along with the dodge omni's and there was not a thing wrong with them they were one of the easiest car to fix, and seen them get over 200 plus mile on the motors they were not a slow car by any means no pocket rocket but a really good work car timing belt was only a 2 hour job and could do the head gaskets in them in 4 hours the right way not just slipping the gasket........

............

Maybe they shipped all the Friday cars to MA ... because I remember just about every single Chrysler econobox back then burning oil - clouds of blue smoke coming from all their tailpipes at every light & stop sign. Also rotted away to nothing in less than 5 years.

I had an ex that drove an '81 Omni. I remember out in my ghetto apartment complex parking lot in Worcester trying to do a simple 5 minute thermostat swap ... which turned into a 3 day *censored*-show. Carless for 3 days ... had to ride the city bus - that was FUN! :| Not one bolt .... BOTH bolts holding the t-stat housing on BROKE in the block. Had to yank the radiator just to get barely enough room to drill it out. Of course, the drill walked all over the place, and the hole was 1/2" by the time I had got the bolt ... and the snapped Easy-Out out of there!! That was REAL fun!! Ended up sticking a pen where the hole should have been, and filling all around it in with Quicksteel Epoxy. Drilled, tapped, and I'll be damned it didn't leak!

Floor on that car was GONE. Was all south shore road signs. :lol: Then the ex pulled out in front of someone & got T-boned, which snapped the whole rear axle assembly right off the unibody.

A real fine auto right there ...


we had 3 omni's in our family plus 2 k cars and never a problem, as long as you did the required maintenance water pump/ timing belt/ @ 50 k and changed the oil every 3k never had a problem the 2.2 were knowed for there head gasket problems but a lot of the 2nd and 3rd problem were that no body replaced the head bolts with the gaskets the bolts were a one time use only

jeff
RAYJAY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: VAN WERT - 600 VA HOT WATER
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: HARMAN- MAGUM STOKER
Coal Size/Type: BUCKWHEAT ON BOTH
Other Heating: NG BOILER

Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: Duengeon master On: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Here are a couple of examples of the cars we will be driving. They are already available today;

The Suzuki Alto...
http://www.suzuki.com.ph/autowebsite/alto_Specs.html
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


The Seat MII with it's 1.0L http://www.seat.co.uk/content/uk/brand/ ... gines.html

The Ford KA... http://www.ford.co.uk/cs/ContentServer? ... ut7&c=Page

Here is your new dually Diesel powered Pickup as well...
http://kia.com.ph/model/k2700/overview.html
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


I hope you enjoy your new ride!!! :D
Duengeon master
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: SMITTY On: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:02 pm

WOAH Suzuki! A whopping 47HP!! WAAATCHOUT!! I'll be comin' at ya at 27 MPH in 10 seconds! :rofl:

Uhhggg ... and that SEAT ad just about made me lose my supper. :sick: Good lord ... that ad just screams GAAAAAAAAAAY!! :funny:

Ford Ka ..... :rofl:

A Kia pickup!! :(

That would be a horrible life ...
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: Ed.A On: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:39 am

If you notice they are all super light...and death traps.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: gaw On: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:19 am

Five speed manual transmission. :wtf: We have a hard enough time driving automatics in this country.
gaw
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: whistlenut On: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:41 am

Quad Turbo 25cc sterling cycle engines.....95 mpg......only 125K for the motor.........
Like AC Bristol back in the day, the URbano, will have chrome 20's and room for uno. 2 gallon fuel bladder....and it is destined to become as famous as the Ford cobra.......only time will tell..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
whistlenut
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ&VanWert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks Boiler,Itasca415,NYer130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska-4,Keystoker-2,
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska,Gibraltor,Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Van Wert, NYer's, Ford,Jensen.
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck,Pea,Nut&Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: Dann757 On: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:57 am

lsayre wrote:it seems highly irrational to me that about 2/3 of the passenger vehicles I see on the road today are SUV's, vans, and pick-ups wherein a single motorist is merely using them perhaps up to 95% of the time merely to go to and from work.


Yeah, that is called FREEDOM, what we used to have in this country. Maybe we should all live like they do in Tokyo. :D

lsayre wrote:Personally both my wife and I drive 2006 Chevy Aveo's to and from work (averaging about 35-36 MPG). Mine has 167,000 miles on it and is still going strong. My wife has about 125,000 miles on hers and it still looks like the day we purchased it.


Hey that's great, ever carry a 36' extension ladder on one of those?
27833.333333333333333333333333333 miles per year on your vehicle? You live way too far from your job; Obama commands you to move closer to your job. Talk about irrational.

" Hello, yes I'd like to arrange a coal delivery."
"Well we can still fit you in before all forms of combustion become illegal under King Obama Absolute Law # 1234567 (KOAL) comes into effect. How much do you need?"
" One ton please"
"OK, our fleet of Chevy Aveos will be there with your ton of coal tomorrow. Now let's see each Aveo can carry one pound of coal safely, we'll be sending 2000 Aveos to your home at a fuel savings over a vehicle that can bring it all at once ,,, of zilch." :D :lol:
Attachments
12car.jpg
(51.72 KiB) Viewed 10 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
The 2016 "Michelle"
[nepathumb]36527[/nepathumb]
Dann757
 

Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: gaw On: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:10 am

Our goal is to have 75% of the people using public transportation and the other 25% riding bicycles by 2020. Government officials will continue to ride in armored SUVs as they are much too important.

Let’s imitate the great Europeans; you know the ones we ran away from a couple hundred years ago. The Euros drive beer cans on wheels yet allow their trucks to carry more weight than we do. We are trying to make everyone drive motorized tin cans yet there is always strong opposition to raising weight limits. Most of the equipment is built to handle heavier weights than are allowed; it is only the law that stands in the way. Heavier loads would increase efficiency but reducing the weight limits would create more jobs. Dr. Joseph Goebbels, oops! I mean Biden said it’s about one three letter word J-O-B-S. :idea:
gaw
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: lsayre On: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:11 pm

I did say there were legitimate needs for larger vehicles, but that part was left out.

Freedom is one thing, and the abuse of freedom (be it intentionally, or through ignorance) is another thing. With freedom comes great responsibility and stuardship. I believe that is the point I was trying to make.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: What will happen to performance cars if Obama gets reelected

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks, Coalfire for this funny bumper sticker.
Attachments
0908120752a.jpg
(70.92 KiB) Viewed 4 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]36567[/nepathumb]
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator