I just completed the install of a custom coil ( about 7' 2" inside the stove) which I connected to the wet base of my steam boiler. I was able to make a coil which required no holes in the side of the stove and has everything coming out the rear which was a must for the wife. Also the coil couldn't be visible from the viewing glass. So far the boiler has only run once to heat the water since saturday and that was because of back to back showers by the kids. I am able to maintain 160* - 170* temps in the water which is a little shy of what I had intended. I was shooting for about 180*. I think the only error is in the use of the taco 007 circulator. I shouldn't have let the plumbing place talk me out of the 005 taco or the three speed taco. I think the water is circulating to fast to get the most out of the coil. However my oil usage is down about 85% so I guess I can't complain to much. I added the heat collector fins this evening so the results aren't yet known on that. I hope that will put me over the hump so I can tell the oil man to take a hike next spring.
The cost of the project was $352.00 ,which includes the price of the coil. If any one has some suggestions of how to get some more out of the thing I am all ears.