110 boiler feed screw settings

Re: 110 boiler feed screw settings

PostBy: 711 On: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:35 am

Plumber that ash looks normal. Though a couple of your pictures are horrible, :x it seems normal to have some half burned pieces like your showing on extended idle with no calls for heat, dial back the feed rate a little or up the fan if your idle is stable. I also noticed large variation in my ash with the brand of coal. All brands are quite different as per what i've seen. I've burned Kimmel, Blaschak and Reading all rice all very different, requiring sometimes wide variations in settings.
711
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Liesure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: LL110

Re: 110 boiler feed screw settings

PostBy: plumber On: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:07 pm

Now that is COLD, the boiler is RUNNING. I've had to turn back the screw another turn, I did a quarter turn a day to keep burning coal from dropping into the ash pan.
plumber
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350

Re: 110 boiler feed screw settings

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:23 pm

plumber wrote:Now that is COLD, the boiler is RUNNING. I've had to turn back the screw another turn, I did a quarter turn a day to keep burning coal from dropping into the ash pan.




Don't forget if you change your max feed setting you may need to modify the idle timer. Just keep an eye on it .
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Visit Leisure Line Stove

Re: 110 boiler feed screw settings

PostBy: plumber On: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Will do, boiler won't be doing much idling this week!
plumber
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350

Re: 110 boiler feed screw settings

PostBy: plumber On: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:23 pm

I'm thinking the boiler and my current coal don't agree. I had set it and forget it last year. Now I either have over 2" of ash at the end of the grate or hot coals falling over the edge, I can't win. I'm waiting at least a day inbetween adjustments, and only turning the screw 1/8 of a turn at once. I'm also getting what looks like half burned and unburned coal.
plumber
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350

Re: 110 boiler feed screw settings

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:18 pm

plumber wrote:I'm thinking the boiler and my current coal don't agree. I had set it and forget it last year. Now I either have over 2" of ash at the end of the grate or hot coals falling over the edge, I can't win. I'm waiting at least a day inbetween adjustments, and only turning the screw 1/8 of a turn at once. I'm also getting what looks like half burned and unburned coal.



When is the last time you cleaned under the grate? You may have fines plugging the front holes.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: 110 boiler feed screw settings

PostBy: plumber On: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Flyer5 wrote:When is the last time you cleaned under the grate? You may have fines plugging the front holes.


New Year's Day. I shut down, completely disassembled, and thoroughly cleaned the boiler top to bottom.
I'm at a loss, I just can't get a consistent fire. The boiler acts like a completely different animal from last winter, I can't find anything wrong with the boiler. The only thing that changed is the coal.
plumber
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350

Re: 110 boiler feed screw settings

PostBy: Rob R. On: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:27 pm

Any chance the screw is turning from vibration without your knowledge?
Rob R.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

Re: 110 boiler feed screw settings

PostBy: plumber On: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:32 am

Rob R. wrote:Any chance the screw is turning from vibration without your knowledge?

Not anymore. Put a locknut on last year.
plumber
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350

Visit Leisure Line Stove