Holy shiiite muslim Fred - that's one big-assed tube right there!
Nice work on the rim there - seems to keep the air in a bit better.
For the past 2 weeks I've been sidetracked off the Blazer engine - one thing after another. First was the peel n stick for the back section of the barn roof, then the ballast install, then, since my neighbor needs a new car, I volunteered to ward off the vampire car salesmen .. & look for hidden defects (of which there were many ... especially on the financing .... they're RUTHLESS these days!!! ), then, every tool & tried to use I ended up spending a couple hours fixing. Gotta love days like that. Go to use my blow gun ... and the damn thing leaks like a sieve so the compressor is kicking on every 5 minutes ... not to mention the noise is making me want to smash it to pieces .... Knock the pin out, install a couple o-rings, grease 'em up, back in action. Now my Dremel decides to take a *censored*. Ends up switch is frigged up ... then I notice the EZ Lock mandrel is sooo worn out it won't hold the cutoff wheel centered causing a bearing shattering vibration. Go online, spend 3 hours shopping for the best price on that & the cutoff wheels I need, then realize I need an angle grinder since my brother took his home with him (forgot that wasn't mine ...) ... so another hour or so shopping for that ...... and a new rear main seal for the Blazer .... trip to the store for that ... then another trip for bolts & stripped out, & a plug to replace a mickey moused hose-barb with a rubber plug that capped the breather intake on the intake manifold. Well, that takes care of the entire week!! At least I got to take the RD out one last time this season. It had been sitting over a month, and the carbs were both clogged up bad - took a good 5 minutes before I could get over 15 mph!
Finally made some progress today though. On the rear main front, I found one at the local auto parts store - $23 after tax for the exact same Fel-Pro one I had. So thinking about it, I figured I'd call Summit to see if I can return the seal I had originally bought ( I doubted that since it was installed ) & get my money back. They sent me a new one for free .. and didn't even want the other one back! So once that comes in I'll return the new one to the store & get that money back, so that worked out mint. Summit RULES.
On the engine front, I've got all the rockers & push rods out, and removed the intake manifold. I also removed the reluctor wheel while installing the timing set, and cut just the center of it out so as to have the proper space for the harmonic balancer, but, save 9 oz in rotating mass. After that gigantic timing set I'm going to need all the weight savings I can get to not lose too much power here.
My torque angle gauge came in ( free with eBay bucks
), along with the new stock-volume oil pump. Now I've got everything I need to get this bitch back together again. Tomorrow all I'll have to do is remove the head bolts & the heads will be off. Then remove each spring for new valve seals, install new head gaskets, and FINALLY begin reassembly!
For now, I sit in front of the computer with a plethora of drink .. and a little food too. One of the benefits of having a wife that loves to cook, is I get random alcoholic beverages thrown my way for ... ehh ... "disposal".
BEHOLD! 8 oz. of Slutter ... aaahemm ... Sutter Hoe ...... eeehhchack! .......... Sutter Home! The wifey calls me "the garbage disposal for alcohol ". True dat yo!
........... BLAAH this stuff is CRAP!!
At least it's not in a box!