Trying to come up with a safe way of "power restoration alert", since I have uninstalled and sold my transfer switch panel and wired my system direct.
My way would be to put on some rubber gloves, build a wiring setup using battery clamps like the ones found on jumper cables, and clamp one directly to the main and the other to the neutral, hoping I don't get lit up in the process. I would then have to risk shock once again to remove said clamps after being notified by the alarm that the power was back on.
There's got to be a better way to do this, but my brain needs a little jolt ( pun intended
) in the right direction.
I see there are several products that can detect voltage without actually touching the conductor. There has got to be a way to make this system trigger a piezo buzzer, or a Buzz Bulb, or a school bell, or what have you. Seems like the safest way to go. Just wrap the sensor around the jacket of the main feeds and connect the other end to ground or neutral, and be done.