Ammo

Re: Ammo

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:30 pm

carlherrnstein wrote:I still cant find .22 LR in the stores Im looking forward to squirrel season Sep. 1st I hope I can find some hollow points by then but I guess the solid lead I have would work.



Just picked up a box of 350 .22lr at walmart. And some 5.56. SCORE. :D
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Ammo

PostBy: KLook On: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:58 pm

I have been told that the supplies are coming back up. I must make a shopping trip soon. A place called the Sportsman's Warehouse never raised their prices through all this fiasco. I will give them my business.

Kevin
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: Ammo

PostBy: Rwalker On: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Still scarce here, but I am finding more then enough on my weekly trips. Wal-Mart has been fairly good to us so far.
Rwalker
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 983


Re: Ammo

PostBy: DePippo79 On: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:02 pm

Gun enthusiast better get your guns and ammo now. Two democrats are introducing legislation to raise taxes on guns and ammo.
DePippo79
 
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Oak 40
Coal Size/Type: Stove, nut/anthracite

Re: Ammo

PostBy: Rwalker On: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:00 pm

Wal-Mart had a crap load of 9mm hollows and 100 round boxes of .45s Friday night. Most I have seen them have...maybe they are catching up a little bit?
Rwalker
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 983

Re: Ammo

PostBy: samhill On: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:55 pm

I know this is an aged posting but they opened a new Field & Stream sporting goods store, it' been since my military days since I've seen that much ammo in one place. All different makes too so if they have a special deal they have one with everybody. They did have a limit of say two bricks of Winchester 22 longs but then your wife or anyone with you could but two as well. Then you could still buy two boxes of any other cal. as well, they way people were hauling them out it must have been a good price.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Ammo

PostBy: Sunny Boy On: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:37 am

Wish they'd open one of them here ! :cry:

Stocks are still low to nothing at Wal-Mart and the local gun shops are still price gouging . To add to the fun, even if they have it, now in NYS you have the added cost of a back ground check done just to buy ammo, plus, no more internet ammo sales to NY except through a FFL plus having to pay the back ground check.

I waited 10 months for a back order of my Hornady .223 woodchuck ammo. Order came in just two weeks before the law went into affect.

Got enough for farm critter control, but no more days plinking at the range !

And our governor says this isn't infringement! :mad:

Paul
Sunny Boy
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Re: Ammo

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:45 am

Sunny Boy wrote:Wish they'd open one of them here ! :cry:

Stocks are still low to nothing at Wal-Mart and the local gun shops are still price gouging . To add to the fun, even if they have it, now in NYS you have the added cost of a back ground check done just to buy ammo, plus, no more internet ammo sales to NY except through a FFL plus having to pay the back ground check.

I waited 10 months for a back order of my Hornady .223 woodchuck ammo. Order came in just two weeks before the law went into affect.

Got enough for farm critter control, but no more days plinking at the range !

And our governor says this isn't infringement! :mad:


Paul


Most of your politicians suck up there. Not a damn one you can trust.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Ammo

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:31 pm

What's everyone recommend brand wise? Or does in not matter?

So far I have 100 rounds of AmericanFMJ .45 ACP , 50 Rounds of Blazer Aluminum .45 ACP FMJ and 20 Hornaday .45 ACP JHP +P. All 230 Grain. Been looking around online and there are a lot of brands and it's all a but too overwhelming.

I'll also need recommendations on 9mm ammo too but not for a few more weeks.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Re: Ammo

PostBy: Sunny Boy On: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:04 am

I'm On Fire wrote:What's everyone recommend brand wise? Or does in not matter?

So far I have 100 rounds of AmericanFMJ .45 ACP , 50 Rounds of Blazer Aluminum .45 ACP FMJ and 20 Hornaday .45 ACP JHP +P. All 230 Grain. Been looking around online and there are a lot of brands and it's all a but too overwhelming.

I'll also need recommendations on 9mm ammo too but not for a few more weeks.


If you want to get as much accuracy as possible, yes, it does matter, but you need to ask the gun. No one else can tell you. Each fire arm can be unique in what it shoots best. And POA (point of aim) verse POI (point of impact) will very likely change with changes in ammo. So don't be upset if the sights are off when you switch ammo. That's why they make 'em adjustable. :D

Same for shotguns too. Change ammo and the POI and shot patterns change.

Paul
Sunny Boy
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Re: Ammo

PostBy: Sunny Boy On: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:12 am

carlherrnstein wrote:I still cant find .22 LR in the stores Im looking forward to squirrel season Sep. 1st I hope I can find some hollow points by then but I guess the solid lead I have would work.


Since HP rounds rarely open up in small critters, such as a gray squirrel, the solids will work fine. Bullet placement means more than bullet type. I use whatever is the most accurate ammo I can find for my gun.

Paul
Sunny Boy
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Re: Ammo

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:43 pm

Just ordered 200 rounds from AIM this morning. 100 of .45 ACP and 100 9mm. Then I get an email saying that there was a problem with my order due to the fact I live in the Socialist State of NJ. Turns out they need a copy of both my DL and FPID. So I send both in; earlier I had only send the FPID. No idea if they got the documents and no idea if they are going to process my order. So, I may be sticking to buying my ammo locally. I'll try giving them a call tomorrow and see if they got my stuff in the email I sent.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Re: Ammo

PostBy: harley On: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:42 pm

KEEP VOTING LIBERAL DEMOCRAT and soon you wont be able to buy anything to do with firearms
harley
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker koker
Coal Size/Type: rice

Re: Ammo

PostBy: Sunny Boy On: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:36 am

harley wrote:KEEP VOTING LIBERAL DEMOCRAT and soon you wont be able to buy anything to do with firearms



I never have. Not sure why you would assume others in this discussion have either.

Paul
Sunny Boy
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Re: Ammo

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:30 am

harley wrote:KEEP VOTING LIBERAL DEMOCRAT and soon you wont be able to buy anything to do with firearms

What?

How did this turn into a political debate? I don't vote Democrat. Never have. Never will.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator