Ammo

Ammo

PostBy: Rwalker On: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:47 am

If you are looking for good ammo without killing your bank account, check out http://www.aimsurplus.com/.

I get my 9mm rounds from here. 115 grain hollows for $11.95 for 50. Cant find it cheaper anywhere around here.

Cost me $72.62 shipped for 250 rounds of hollow points. :D
Rwalker
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 983

Re: Ammo

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:55 am

Rwalker wrote:If you are looking for good ammo without killing your bank account, check out http://www.aimsurplus.com/.

I get my 9mm rounds from here. 115 grain hollows for $11.95 for 50. Cant find it cheaper anywhere around here.

Cost me $72.62 shipped for 250 rounds of hollow points. :D



Thanks great site. I see the 5.56 rounds are out there as well. I have enough but I am surprised how fast it all went after the election. I am going to buy some more 30 rd mags though.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Ammo

PostBy: freetown fred On: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Guys, I've been on a few sites & when I get to the shipping charge I get real motivated to stay local--It's all readily available in my neighborhood. :D I suspect others aren't that fortunate :(
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix


Re: Ammo

PostBy: baddawg On: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:03 pm

You can never have to many sources. Thanks.
baddawg
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer BV

Re: Ammo

PostBy: Ed.A On: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:05 pm

5.45 x 39 is out as well.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Ammo

PostBy: 009to090 On: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Try AMMOMAN.COM too. Free Shipping.
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: Ammo

PostBy: Rwalker On: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:44 pm

This is one of the reasons I am going with one of these once Christmas is over: http://www.hk22rimfire.com/index.php?page=mp5-sd

Cheap rounds and you can always buy them by the 1000s for cheap!

Fred: I cant find ammo cheap around here. Everyone is pricing up like crazy. Cheapest rounds are the 12 gauge, but I have a TON of those. :D
Rwalker
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 983

Re: Ammo

PostBy: freetown fred On: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:52 pm

A ton huh??? Where exactly do you live & what are your work hours? :clap: toothy I've got mucho ammo for my 22 critter gun--cheap & effective ;)
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Ammo

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:13 pm

I don't know what the big scare is or the great need, I've been here for going on 6 years now & I can recall firing 5or6 22cal rounds which resulted in the same # of kills. I've picked up a bunch of different ammo for little to no money, auctions in these parts always have guns & ammo, haven't noticed any shortage in stores I have been in recently & this is a largely republican area. Guess maybe the people here are more self reliant by nature.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Ammo

PostBy: Rwalker On: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:13 pm

The local sporting goods store sells 100 8 shot for $23, so every other week or so when the wife is out shopping I have her grab a box of 100. They are STACKING up in the basement closet/cubby.

I also told the parents, in-laws, and others that I wanted ammo for Christmas. .22, 9mm, .45, .380, 12 gauge, .30.30, 20 gauge, or .30-06 will do. ;)
Rwalker
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 983

Re: Ammo

PostBy: SMITTY On: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks to our MORONIC, *censored* legislators, no internet sales of ammo to MA ... :mad3:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Ammo

PostBy: Rwalker On: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:20 pm

samhill wrote:I don't know what the big scare is or the great need, I've been here for going on 6 years now & I can recall firing 5or6 22cal rounds which resulted in the same # of kills. I've picked up a bunch of different ammo for little to no money, auctions in these parts always have guns & ammo, haven't noticed any shortage in stores I have been in recently & this is a largely republican area. Guess maybe the people here are more self reliant by nature.


I also live in PA, and there are plenty of places to pick up ammo. However, most of the caliber ammo I want, mainly 9mm and .45 ACP since those are my assault rifles, are expensive compared to what I can pick up online.

The need??? I guess I just like to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. Ammo never goes bad. I have shot rounds that are 20 years old. A couple good whacks off the shooting table and they shoot fine. Just dont get em' wet.

You never know when our government will decide to ban high capacity mags, assault weapons, handguns, certain types of ammo, etc. So, I chose to get it now so I have it. I guess it helps me sleep better at night knowing my .45s are loaded with 230 grain hydra-shoks. ;) And I have a feeling of security at work knowing the wife is always carrying her .380 loaded with cor-bons.

We just chose to live different lives. Nothing wrong with that. But I ain't sharing when the *censored* hits the fan, unless you are standing beside me. Freetown Fred gets a pass cause he is an old biker, and as a biker, I can't let down another biker.
Rwalker
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 983

Re: Ammo

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:30 pm

I never said I didn't have more than a 22 & a box of ammo, just said I currently have all I need but will pick up more if I,m in the right place & right time. Had probably way more than my fair share of bikes & gave my colors to a fellow biker many years ago. Still get the urge but the wife being a retired ER & flight nurse I no longer ride to respect her, knowing me & my luck probably much better off.
Talk about expensive, try finding some 50/cal for a Desert Eagle, needless to say it ain't been fired too much.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Ammo

PostBy: Rwalker On: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:37 pm

samhill wrote:I never said I didn't have more than a 22 & a box of ammo, just said I currently have all I need but will pick up more if I,m in the right place & right time. Had probably way more than my fair share of bikes & gave my colors to a fellow biker many years ago. Still get the urge but the wife being a retired ER & flight nurse I no longer ride to respect her, knowing me & my luck probably much better off.
Talk about expensive, try finding some 50/cal for a Desert Eagle, needless to say it ain't been fired too much.


I once read a quote from someone, can't remember who, it said something like, "You always need to keep one hobby in your life that could kill you at any time." For me, that hobby is the bikes. When I am on the cruiser with the wife, I take it easy. When I am alone on the open road with the chopper...I have be known to "exceed" the 65 mph speed limit.
Rwalker
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 983

Re: Ammo

PostBy: baddawg On: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:10 am

RW, 45ACP for a rifle? I knew I wasn't the only one :rambo:
baddawg
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer BV