This is a bit off topic, but I figured that this is the best place to ask. My house has a fireplace in the living room that I have never used. The kids were always a bit too young for me to have it lit. They're older now and I figure they can stay away from it. I looked up the chimney today and it appears to be very clean. There's a little dried up, powdery creosote (I'm assuming it's creosote) but not so much that it makes me nervous. I can see the liner and, after looking at some pics of really bad and neglected chimneys, it's really clean.
However, I did notice that it looks like the liner isn't flush with the top of the firebox. Hard to explain, so I grabbed a pic. Right in the middle is what I mean (where the spiderweb is.)
It hasn't been used in over ten years. Before I torch my house, any opinions on it's safety? Anything jump out at anyone?