When they come for your guns, you will ....

Forum rules
As the title "Thoughtful and Intelligent Debates" implies we want quality discussion in this forum. If you're going to post a new topic or reply to one here please make sure it fits the following guidelines.

  • Clear and descriptive title for your topic.
  • You don't need to write a book but please have a reasonable amount of material to support or dispute what you are discussing.
  • Outside references to material to support or dispute your argument can be used but they should not wholly make up your argument. If for example you reference a news article please explain exactly what you are referencing and why.
  • Stay on topic, while topics will wander in the general forums we want to keep them strictly on topic in this forum. Flaming will not be tolerated at all.

Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: plumb-r On: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:07 am

I meant to say the UN would come and take them not Nato. See what happens when you post without having a full cup of coffee first. :)
plumb-r
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 608 Energy Master I Stoker

Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:57 am

lsayre wrote:I think there may come at some point Congressional moves to ban ammunition. The contention being that the Second Amendment assures gun ownership, but it never mentions ammunition. Recall what I said in a different thread regarding the enumeration of rights delimiting "all" rights to only those enumerated?



"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". That would be infringing.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:04 am

Flyer5 wrote:
"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". That would be infringing.

I agree that it would be infringing but, never trust the government to do the right thing. I purchase ammo when I have the funds.............oh wait I forgot I sold my guns :roll:
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite


Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:48 am

Keep stockpiling that ammo, if they ever outlaw it it will be worth it's weight in some other thing of value. :roll: :lol:
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:01 pm

samhill wrote:Keep stockpiling that ammo, if they ever outlaw it it will be worth it's weight in some other thing of value. :roll: :lol:



Someone once said with lead you can always get gold. I used to just blow it off, but now I think he may have something there. Not that I ever want to see it come to that.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: grumpy On: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:45 pm

Obama to bypass congress to ban semiautomatic firearms, warns expert.... ???

http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-t ... rns-expert
grumpy
 

Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: Ctyankee On: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:47 pm

"Guns?...What guns?" And there's nothin under all that coal either. Hey, it worked for my ancestors against the red coats. :angel:
Ctyankee
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503 insert
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:26 pm

plumb-r wrote:I don't think Obama trusts US personnel. Yes he has built a force inside the US, but has also passed executive orders that will enable him to open the door for NATO to come and do the deed for him. It will be easy for them to do it as they have no ties here. Look at the executive orders and think how they could be used. :(


The force you talk about has been in place long before the current POTUS.
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: Rwalker On: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:58 pm

People who write articles like this should be tied naked to a pole and beat with a whiffle ball bat.

First and foremost, I highly doubt you would get the US military to react in a violent manner against their own kind. Every military guy I know is a gun owner, avid hunter, and a CCW holder. So suddenly, because the US government says so, they are going to rise up and use their weaponary against us? Committ genocide? It isn't going to happen. People can spout doomsday bull *censored* all day long, it isnt going to happen like that. These men fight for our freedoms, they arent going to turn on the very flag they protect because someone says to.

Secondly, do they think we as US citizens are stupid? If it ever happened, everyone I know who is a gun owner wouldn't have a gun. They would show up and say hand them over and I would shrug my shoulders and say hand what over??? :confused: I have 100 acres of land 3 hours from here and 50 or so acres 8 hours from here. Good luck finding them. Or me for that matter. No cell phones, no paper trail. Cash or gold only. Move fast and take the dirt roads.

Dont believe the hype and take care of your own. It's that simple. United we stand, divided we fall and I would rather die on my feet then live on my knees.
Rwalker
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 983

Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: grumpy On: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:08 pm

For the most part they will do what they are told to do, we have already seen that.
grumpy
 

Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: SMITTY On: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:20 pm

That is my HOPE as well, Rwalker. I have faith that most would not comply. If they decide to turn and bite the hand that feeds them, the American people will have their backs. ;)
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: freetown fred On: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:26 pm

And that's a fact John. I keep saying, there's the talkers & then there's the doers. We've got a whole lot of doers around. The kind that don't need to get patted on the butt nor receive any kind of recognition--PATRIOTS--
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Rwalker wrote:People who write articles like this should be tied naked to a pole and beat with a whiffle ball bat.

First and foremost, I highly doubt you would get the US military to react in a violent manner against their own kind. Every military guy I know is a gun owner, avid hunter, and a CCW holder. So suddenly, because the US government says so, they are going to rise up and use their weaponary against us? Committ genocide? It isn't going to happen. People can spout doomsday bull *censored* all day long, it isnt going to happen like that. These men fight for our freedoms, they arent going to turn on the very flag they protect because someone says to.

Secondly, do they think we as US citizens are stupid? If it ever happened, everyone I know who is a gun owner wouldn't have a gun. They would show up and say hand them over and I would shrug my shoulders and say hand what over??? :confused: I have 100 acres of land 3 hours from here and 50 or so acres 8 hours from here. Good luck finding them. Or me for that matter. No cell phones, no paper trail. Cash or gold only. Move fast and take the dirt roads.

Dont believe the hype and take care of your own. It's that simple. United we stand, divided we fall and I would rather die on my feet then live on my knees.


AMEN! AND VERY WELL STATED! :D :D :D
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: Rwalker On: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:45 pm

The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheep dog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours.

Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land. They would prefer that he didn't tell them where to go, or give them traffic tickets, or stand at the ready in our airports in camouflage fatigues holding an M-16. The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, "Baa."

Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.

LTC (RET) Dave Grossman
Rwalker
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 983

Re: When they come for your guns, you will ....

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Rwalker wrote:
The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheep dog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours.

Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land. They would prefer that he didn't tell them where to go, or give them traffic tickets, or stand at the ready in our airports in camouflage fatigues holding an M-16. The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, "Baa."

Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.

LTC (RET) Dave Grossman


:dancing: :punk: :clap: :up: :cheers:
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648


cron