Demented wrote:After double checking everything, it turned out that the "new" batteries were not quite new as they were supposed to be since my volt meter showed them having low voltage. I also forgot about the smoke detector in the stairwell that also needed a new battery. After checking and replacing batteries, the carbon monoxide detector was throwing the random chirp so off to Lowes I went. Picked up a new detector and all is now quiet. I guess the old one was no longer usable since the I haven't heard a thing from the new.
I believe that for lower levels of CO the detectors can take up to 4 hours to respond to its presence. The higher the concentration, the faster they are supposed to respond.