1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

Forum rules
As the title "Thoughtful and Intelligent Debates" implies we want quality discussion in this forum. If you're going to post a new topic or reply to one here please make sure it fits the following guidelines.

  • Clear and descriptive title for your topic.
  • You don't need to write a book but please have a reasonable amount of material to support or dispute what you are discussing.
  • Outside references to material to support or dispute your argument can be used but they should not wholly make up your argument. If for example you reference a news article please explain exactly what you are referencing and why.
  • Stay on topic, while topics will wander in the general forums we want to keep them strictly on topic in this forum. Flaming will not be tolerated at all.

1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

PostBy: lsayre On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 pm

... the very 'US Dollar' itself, thanks to Ben Bernanke's fabricating multiple trillions of them at will, ultimately with no economic foundation for justification (I.E, real GDP growth within true wealth creating enterprises) to support them. Just wait until they eventually find their way out of the banks and into our hands. Can you imagine how worthless they will soon become when that becomes the reality? I can sense the inflation already.

Just my opinion.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: 1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:12 pm

I agree it is a possibility, but I try to avoid the dwelling of gloom and doom of things that are not in my control at the moment. I will watch and learn as much as I can then vote as I believe will do the most good. In the mean time I am doing as much as I can to cut expenses and debt, I am not an extreme preper by any stretch but feel its always necessary to be ready for any disaster.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: 1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

PostBy: jpete On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Image
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice


Re: 1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:53 pm

jpete wrote:Image


Please tell us the truth Jpete! Inquiring minds want to know! :notworthy:
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: 1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

PostBy: jpete On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:04 pm

The truth is, Larry is one smart MF'er! :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: 1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:14 pm

jpete wrote:The truth is, Larry is one smart MF'er! :D


Agreed...but his presentation is much more palatable!
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: 1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

PostBy: lsayre On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Whoa there! I just read a lot and try to make the jumbled dots line up sensibly and logically, all the while believing that the key to everything is to believe that reality is real and therefore things are as they appear (I sense that most people do not believe this, rather believing that hope, change, prayer, thought, emotions, someone, something, etc... can somehow bend reality). I believe that Ben Bernanke, the President, and Congress all believe that they can bend reality.

I did however preface my take on this whole issue by stating it was only my opinion.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: 1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

PostBy: jpete On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Northern Maine wrote:
jpete wrote:The truth is, Larry is one smart MF'er! :D


Agreed...but his presentation is much more palatable!


If you want someone to make you "feel" good, call your mother.

I'm more of a "Joe Friday" type of guy...."Just the facts ma'am" :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: 1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 pm

I am a believer that if enough people believe in gloom and doom then it will happen, I just don't want to be part of the problem. I would rather be part of the reason it doesn't happen.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: 1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:29 pm

jpete wrote:
Northern Maine wrote:
jpete wrote:The truth is, Larry is one smart MF'er! :D


Agreed...but his presentation is much more palatable!


If you want someone to make you "feel" good, call your mother.

I'm more of a "Joe Friday" type of guy...."Just the facts ma'am" :D


Not a matter of feeling good....I don't see very many "FACTS" posted on your behalf to invoke anything other than hate and discontent! :roll:
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: 1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

PostBy: jpete On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:40 pm

I was in a union for 10 years. Stirring up "hate and discontent" was part of my job classification. :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: 1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:48 pm

jpete wrote:I was in a union for 10 years. Stirring up "hate and discontent" was part of my job classification. :D



And you are proud of that ? :P
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: 1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

PostBy: jpete On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Everybody has to be good at something. Clearly I can push people's buttons. :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: 1st the DOT.COM's, 2nd housing, the next bubble will be ...

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:00 pm

jpete wrote:Everybody has to be good at something. Clearly I can push people's buttons. :D



:rofl: I can see that.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer