Would like to know what to use for gear oil in the 520 gear box? Also is there another area that needs lubrication fluid?
- Coal Size/Type: rice
- Stove/Furnace Make: EFM
- Stove/Furnace Model: 520
In the old cast iron gearbox, with an elbow at the bottom, 20W oil was used.
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 1981 efm wcb-24 in use 365 days a year
- Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Chestnut
- Other Heating: Hearthstone wood stove
80w90 or 75w-90 gear oil works fine in any of the S-20 gearboxes, and also in the oil bath below the drive gear.
More info in this thread: Stoker gearbox oil for the old cast iron boxes
- Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
- Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Rice
- Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy