Coffee 12-01-12

Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: 009to090 On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Looks good F-Fred... :up:

freetown fred wrote:, I had a broke leaf on either side--I had to put hose clamps on them to remedy that problem.


Duct Tape works better :mrgreen:
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: Dann757 On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Fred, I think you should have carved Sitting Bull into the sides but that might have made it look too fancy :D

I used to jam pieces of oak into coil springs - hillbilly lift kit.
Also have taken a torch to leaf springs and bent the back up near the shackles for a quick pick-me-up :lol:
Attachments
thCA19KWBW.jpg
thCA19KWBW.jpg (7.58 KiB) Viewed 426 times
Select:BBcode:
[nepafile=38476]thCA19KWBW.jpg[/nepafile]
Dann757
 

Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: Rob R. On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:30 pm

Fred, what year is the truck? '94?
Rob R.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy


Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: freetown fred On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:32 pm

1990---
Rob R. wrote:Fred, what year is the truck? '94?
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: Rob R. On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:39 pm

You've kept it in really nice shape. My brother has a '88 C3500, he calls it the "money maker" because it does the same work as a 40k truck and has only needed brakes and tires in the last 6 years.
Rob R.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: Freddy On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 pm

Fred.... what's that decal on the back truck window? Lil' Horse Farm? I can't quite read it.
Freddy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: freetown fred On: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:36 am

Yep, that would be it. That's so I can find my truck if I go to Wally World or Aldi's. toothy My now 22 yr old daughter did that about 10 yrs ago.
Freddy wrote:Fred.... what's that decal on the back truck window? Lil' Horse Farm? I can't quite read it.
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: freetown fred On: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:48 am

JC Whitney is a big help there--put cab corners & rocker panels on her about 5 yrs ago--hence the black on the bottom--woulda never matched that red.
Rob R. wrote:You've kept it in really nice shape. My brother has a '88 C3500, he calls it the "money maker" because it does the same work as a 40k truck and has only needed brakes and tires in the last 6 years.
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: freetown fred On: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:52 am

sam, if I woulda had any longer boards, that's exactly what I woulda done--I was happy with the two--lil bit longer-- ones ;)
samhill wrote:I think you should have longer boards over top those fancy tail lights, other than that it looks good. I just know how my luck runs with anything that can be easily broken.
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: SteveZee On: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:42 am

freetown fred wrote:JC Whitney is a big help there--put cab corners & rocker panels on her about 5 yrs ago--hence the black on the bottom--woulda never matched that red.
Rob R. wrote:You've kept it in really nice shape. My brother has a '88 C3500, he calls it the "money maker" because it does the same work as a 40k truck and has only needed brakes and tires in the last 6 years.


Cool Fred. I was looking at JCW for some rear fender replacement panels for the old Accord. They know where the weak spots are don't they! ;) The panels are exactly where the rust is buggering through. How much of a job was it to replace the panels? Might be beyond my meager skills :P .
SteveZee
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: Rick 386 On: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:23 am

SteveZee wrote:
Cool Fred. I was looking at JCW for some rear fender replacement panels for the old Accord. They know where the weak spots are don't they! ;) The panels are exactly where the rust is buggering through. How much of a job was it to replace the panels? Might be beyond my meager skills :P .



Steve,

As long as you have some way to hold the panels in place while you grab a rivet gun and rivet them in place, you should be able to install them yourself. Then a bead of sealer around the seam, and some rattle can paint or spray undercoating and you are good to go.

Otherwise to have them welded in place would be costing some big bucks. But it would look like there never was an issue.........
I know a shop in Windham that does nice work.

Other places to check are raybucks.com, shermanparts.com, ecklers.com Just do a search for rust repair panels.




Rick
Rick 386
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: SMITTY On: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:46 am

Rick, that first link no worky. ;)

Looks like I'm SOL with the Grand Marquis rear bumper. Knew I should've bought one as soon as it started rotting. Now they're unobtanium! It's easier to get a bumper for a Model T than this thing .... :x


LsFarm wrote:Smitty: did yoiu peel the bark off the log/joists?? MIne still have 160 year old bark on them !!

Greg L

All the joists are all punky 1/4" in from the 170 years of moisture down there. I suspect the bark came off some time before WWI. Probably during McKinley's presidency ... :D :lol:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: freetown fred On: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:14 am

SZ, do what I always do, pretend you're really talented at everything & have at it. :whistle: :clap: toothy
SteveZee wrote:
freetown fred wrote:JC Whitney is a big help there--put cab corners & rocker panels on her about 5 yrs ago--hence the black on the bottom--woulda never matched that red.
Rob R. wrote:You've kept it in really nice shape. My brother has a '88 C3500, he calls it the "money maker" because it does the same work as a 40k truck and has only needed brakes and tires in the last 6 years.


Cool Fred. I was looking at JCW for some rear fender replacement panels for the old Accord. They know where the weak spots are don't they! ;) The panels are exactly where the rust is buggering through. How much of a job was it to replace the panels? Might be beyond my meager skills :P .
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: freetown fred On: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:16 am

:oops2: again
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Coffee 12-01-12

PostBy: Rob R. On: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:24 am

SMITTY wrote: Looks like I'm SOL with the Grand Marquis rear bumper. Knew I should've bought one as soon as it started rotting. Now they're unobtanium! It's easier to get a bumper for a Model T than this thing .... :x


Smitty, try this site: http://car-part.com/

I did a quick search for a '90 with a steel bumper, lots of yards came up...even one in MA.
Rob R.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy