Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: lsayre On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Northern Maine wrote:Apparently you don't support seatbelt laws, helmet laws, mandatory vaccinations, etc.....people only get killed occasional with out them! :roll: The rhetoric you present in SOME arguments is not rational...but that is only my interpretation! :P


I don't know about jpete's position here, but I don't support any of those laws. I only obey them out of fear of the government gun. I'd imagine that many (most perhaps) are afraid to admit that they fear their government, but I admit it openly. I'm sure that the government fully intends for all of us to be so afraid of them that we can't even bring ourselves to admit it out of our embarrassment and shame.

I have problems in general with the criminalization of much of what falls within the realm of victimless crime. For instance, I can't imagine how anyone can commit a crime upon their own being, regardless of what one does to ones own self.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:00 pm

lsayre wrote:
Northern Maine wrote:Apparently you don't support seatbelt laws, helmet laws, mandatory vaccinations, etc.....people only get killed occasional with out them! :roll: The rhetoric you present in SOME arguments is not rational...but that is only my interpretation! :P


I don't know about jpete's position here, but I don't support any of those laws. I only obey them out of fear of the government gun. I'd imagine that many (most perhaps) are afraid to admit that they fear their government, but I admit it openly. I'm sure that the government fully intends for all of us to be so afraid of them that we can't even bring ourselves to admit it out of our embarrassment and shame.

I have problems in general with the criminalization of much of what falls within the realm of victimless crime. For instance, I can't imagine how anyone can commit a crime upon their own being, regardless of what one does to ones own self.


So... your child goes to school and contract polio because there is not vaccination...the connotations of not having the vaccination for polio is very dangerous! Your childs life is priceless I would assume...so a mandatory vaccination would stem the strife of a child you love dearly! Yes?
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: grumpy On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:11 pm

carlherrnstein wrote:Each law is like a fence panel, we are like sheep, lawmakers are like a farmer building fence around sheep.






grumpy
 


Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: lsayre On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:12 pm

Northern Maine wrote:So... your child goes to school and contract polio because there is not vaccination...the connotations of not having the vaccination for polio is very dangerous! Your childs life is priceless I would assume...so a mandatory vaccination would stem the strife of a child you love dearly! Yes?


Abjectly no! Only a full fledged statist would accept your position unless compelled to accept it. An example of this is that I cringe (and cry inside) whenever the state forces children to undergo radiation and chemo against their parents wishes, and hunts the parents down like criminals when they try to run from this draconian torture.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:21 pm

lsayre wrote:
Northern Maine wrote:So... your child goes to school and contract polio because there is not vaccination...the connotations of not having the vaccination for polio is very dangerous! Your childs life is priceless I would assume...so a mandatory vaccination would stem the strife of a child you love dearly! Yes?


Abjectly no! Only a full fledged statist would accept your position unless compelled to accept it. An example of this is that I cringe (and cry inside) whenever the state forces children to undergo radiation and chemo against their parents wishes, and hunts the parents down like criminals when they try to run from this draconian torture.


Let your child die because of your theory and ideology? That sir is irrational in my opinion....and an abortionist point of view! :shock: Radiation and chemo are one thing, but a vaccination that prevents death is another! :(
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:25 pm

grumpy wrote:
carlherrnstein wrote:Each law is like a fence panel, we are like sheep, lawmakers are like a farmer building fence around sheep.








CAN YOU SAY...........................PROPAGANDA! Hope you not collecting any thing from the govt....otherwise you need to re-examine yourself as being "double standard"! :o :(
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Northern Maine wrote:
Let your child die because of your theory and ideology? That sir is irrational in my opinion....and an abortionist point of view! :shock: Radiation and chemo are one thing, but a vaccination that prevents death is another! :(


Is there no other way to get a vaccination other than at the point of a gun?
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: grumpy On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:28 pm

Northern Maine wrote:
grumpy wrote:
carlherrnstein wrote:Each law is like a fence panel, we are like sheep, lawmakers are like a farmer building fence around sheep.








CAN YOU SAY...........................PROPAGANDA! Hope you not collecting any thing from the govt....otherwise you need to re-examine yourself as being "double standard"! :o :(


Would you like to point out this PROPAGANDA?
grumpy
 

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:31 pm




[/quote]

CAN YOU SAY...........................PROPAGANDA! Hope you not collecting any thing from the govt....otherwise you need to re-examine yourself as being "double standard"! :o :([/quote]

Would you like to point out this PROPAGANDA?[/quote]

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the chosen result in audience attitudes.
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Sounds like the MSM. :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: grumpy On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the chosen result in audience attitudes.


That does not answer my question.
grumpy
 

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:36 pm

jpete wrote:Sounds like the MSM. :D


OK...what is MSM...Men having sex with Men! :roll:
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: lsayre On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:38 pm

So having children forces us to become wards of the state (I.E., of the statists)?

PS: I believe MSM means mainstream media.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:39 pm

grumpy wrote:
Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the chosen result in audience attitudes.


That does not answer my question.


Both media you presented is propaganda in my opinion/interpretation of what you would like to convey...what "pre tel" are you trying to convey that you must mask it in such a medium?
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:42 pm

lsayre wrote:So having children forces us to become wards of the state (I.E., of the statists)?

PS: I believe MSM means mainstream media.


Interpret as you may...ward of the state is extreme....the life of a child with options to have the child live is another....life is priceless....
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648