Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:25 pm

freetown fred wrote:Ahhhhh yes, the "Magical Magnifying Mind" ;)---In case you overlooked this small fact---this is NOT nazi Germany nor will it ever be. Funny, you capitalized nazi--out of respect for them I would assume. :( PARANOIA is alive & well, right here


OMG..said chicken little...THE SKY IS FALLING! :rofl: :doh:
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: lsayre On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:27 pm

Northern Maine wrote:OH...great comparison....move to China....it's so MUCH better than the U.S.! Get past yourself and be thankful!


My youngest daughter tried that for 6 months, and then came home. She lived and worked in Changsha, the birthplace of Mao.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:28 pm

lsayre wrote:
Northern Maine wrote:OH...great comparison....move to China....it's so MUCH better than the U.S.! Get past yourself and be thankful!


My youngest daughter tried that for 6 months, and then came home. She lived and worked in Changsha, the birthplace of Mao.


Key words...she came HOME! Must not be so bad here after all! :D
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648


Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: grumpy On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 pm

freetown fred wrote:Ahhhhh yes, the "Magical Magnifying Mind" ;)---In case you overlooked this small fact---this is NOT nazi Germany nor will it ever be. Funny, you capitalized nazi--out of respect for them I would assume. :( PARANOIA is alive & well, right here



Actually Fred you are wrong, very wrong. This country is beginning to mirror Nazi Germany in a very big way, "Your Papers Please" is becoming reality.
grumpy
 

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: lsayre On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:31 pm

I guess the real point here is that we have drifted far from being free, yet we apparently are oblivious to this fact (either that or most of us prefer to keep our heads in the sand rather than face the reality of our situation).

In about 1983 Leonard Peikoff (Ayn Rands chosen intellectual heir) already saw the handwriting on the wall, and that is why he penned the book titled "The Ominous Parallels", which paralleled Nazi Germany with the direction being taken by the United States.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:38 pm

lsayre wrote:I guess the real point here is that we have drifted far from being free, yet we apparently are oblivious to this fact (either that or most of us prefer to keep our heads in the sand rather than face the reality of our situation).

In about 1976 (from memory) Leonard Peikoff already saw the handwriting on the wall, and that is why he penned the book titled "The Ominous Parallels", which paralleled Nazi Germany with the United States.


Reality IS what an individual makes it! We are by far from NAZI Germany! Keep telling yourself that we are and you will become delusional if you already not! Be thankful for what you have and stop the minuscule complaining about how bad things are!
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: NoSmoke On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:42 pm

My issue with this is; the two year wait.

Many people have said if you have not broke the law you have nothing to worry about, but a sad statistic is, 25% of divorce cases today have some evidence of Facebook in them.

And for those that say they will never be divorced; I had a guy say the same thing to me when I went through my first divorce. He had a nice "the lack of commitment speech" and ranted on about how close him and his wife was, then 6 months later she met a guy online and after 29 years left him. He was devastated and it was pretty bad for him. Poor guy, but never say never.

No one knows what is going to be used against them two years later.
NoSmoke
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vogelzang Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler (Back-up)

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: freetown fred On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Does this mean that I too should capitalize nazi or just let the brainwashing affect those much more in tune with the real world then I am do their subliminal coersion. Patriots don't loose Faith or Hope. Just saying
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

freetown fred wrote:Does this mean that I too should capitalize nazi or just let the brainwashing affect those much more in tune with the real world then I am do their subliminal coersion. Patriots don't loose Faith or Hope. Just saying


Fred...the constitution MUST be at play here! :rofl: :doh:
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: freetown fred On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 pm

NS, anybody that's stupid enough to put stuff all over facebook or in cyber space in general--deserves exactly what they get unfortunatly. Oh yeah NM, I'm sure it is. :clap: toothy
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: NoSmoke On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:50 pm

You do not understand the vile, contempt of a scorned woman then...they can take anything that is even remotely mild and twist it around. My ex sent me a bill because my daughters pants got dirty and wanted me to replace them; she was 4 and lived on a farm. The judge tossed that idea out but there it was...Facebook: Dad checked fence with daughter and she fell down.

We don't need the police doing the same stupid thing to try and get the guy they think did it.

freetown fred wrote:NS, anybody that's stupid enough to put stuff all over facebook or in cyber space in general--deserves exactly what they get unfortunatly. Oh yeah NM, I'm sure it is. :clap: toothy
NoSmoke
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vogelzang Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler (Back-up)

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:57 pm

NoSmoke wrote:You do not understand the vile, contempt of a scorned woman then...they can take anything that is even remotely mild and twist it around. My ex sent me a bill because my daughters pants got dirty; she was 4 and lived on a farm. The judge tossed that idea out but there it was...Facebook: Dad checked fence with daughter and she fell down.

freetown fred wrote:NS, anybody that's stupid enough to put stuff all over facebook or in cyber space in general--deserves exactly what they get unfortunatly. Oh yeah NM, I'm sure it is. :clap: toothy


NS...I did not plan on a divorce after 22 years either, but it happened and I don' give an inch these days....WOMEN will take it the extra mile..... Fred...Im still waiting for the constituitnal reference or for some one to come to his aid! :P :roll:
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: SMITTY On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:00 pm

The problem with this eavesdropping is this:

YOU don't get to decide what is right, and what is wrong - THE GOVERNMENT decides that. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: If you look at history, can you honestly tell me this is a GOOD idea???

That, my friends, should chill ANY American to the bone, regardless of political persuasion.
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:02 pm

SMITTY wrote:The problem with this eavesdropping is this:

YOU don't get to decide what is right, and what is wrong - THE GOVERNMENT decides that. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: If you look at history, can you honestly tell me this is a GOOD idea???

That, my friends, should chill ANY American to the bone, regardless of political persuasion.


The law decides what is right and wrong....not the govt. Just like speeding...we know what the law is...if you abide by the speed limit...no problems...if not...PROBLEMS!
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Things like this don't happen in the land of the free, ...

PostBy: lsayre On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Northern Maine wrote:The law decides what is right and wrong....not the govt. Just like speeding...we know what the law is...if you abide by the speed limit...no problems...if not...PROBLEMS!


That sounds to me like guns kill people, people don't.

What came first, the chicken, or the egg? Laws like that don't just fall from the sky. They need a solid foundation of evil minded ignorant people and the corrupt politicians they elect.

Would you follow literally any law because it is the law? Would our Founders follow any law because it was the law? If they did, they would still be kissing the ring of the King and thanking him for his wonderful laws.
Last edited by lsayre on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)