Cops Above the Law??

Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: grumpy On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:36 pm

This is just to funny I had to post this..

He rolled up alongside a Detroit police officer and shouted, "Where's your damn seatbelt?




grumpy
 

Re: Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: KLook On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:09 pm

This seems silly but at its core it is the tip of the larger problem. They work for the government, not you, and they don't have to follow laws just like Congress passes special laws and perks just for them. This is where it goes when you ignore the Constitution as being discussed in another thread. Silly at first, sets a precedence, and then you have lost something you might not have realized you had. And they teach the young it was progress to change these laws and ignore a few little rights for the safety and security of all. And on and on.

Kevin
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: EarthWindandFire On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:24 pm

I really get steamed by the local police sometimes, mostly for little - but annoying things. The other day fog has reduced visibility down to 50' feet and this police suv had no headlights turned on. I also hate when they make turns without using their turn signals. Granted these are minor issues, but they bother me nonetheless.
EarthWindandFire
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.


Re: Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: CoaLen On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:26 pm

He's apparently serious about this issue but he went about it all wrong. He would have produced better results if he would have presented this video to an elected official while a news reporter was present. The only motivation these people respond to is some personal loss to their position in their government employment.
CoaLen
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Coal Size/Type: rice

Re: Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:31 pm

CoaLen wrote:He's apparently serious about this issue but he went about it all wrong. He would have produced better results if he would have presented this video to an elected official while a news reporter was present. The only motivation these people respond to is some personal loss to their position in their government employment.


Much better approach...however, the officer would have had to give the person permission to be recorded! :roll:
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: titleist1 On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:37 pm

cops being above the law shouldn't be news for anybody. i wish i had a $1 for every time i see a county or town or state cop using a hand held cell phone in our hands free state, i could use that money to fill my gas tank every week.

in md they exempted the cops from the seat belt law, maybe michigan is the same?. the seat belt law when it was passed here was not a primary reason to stop a vehicle, but that changed recently so that they can use that as the reason for the stop and then come up with another bogus reason for a search.
titleist1
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Mag Stoker (old style) one in basement, one in workshop
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III on standby for long power outages
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite; Nut/Anthracite

Re: Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: freetown fred On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:44 pm

I don't know where you negative people live, but up here if a police officer or Sheriff is neglegent in following the same laws as we have to & it is brought to their supervisors attention by any citizen, it is dealt with. Me thinks it has a lot to do with local govt. and how involved the PEOPLE want to get. To confront anybody with "where's your DAMN seatbelt" would probably be a bad start. Oh yeah, I can see how these examples zero right in on the Constitution. :roll2: :clap: toothy Yes, titleist, the exempt law was passed in 1993--but it is noted that most police DO wear them---just saying
Last edited by freetown fred on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:49 pm

freetown fred wrote:I don't know where you negative people live, but up here if a police officer or Sheriff is neglegent in following the same laws as we have to & it is brought to their supervisors attention by any citizen, it is dealt with. Me thinks it has a lot to do with local govt. and how involved the PEOPLE want to get. To confront anybody with "where's your DAMN seatbelt" would probably be a bad start. Oh yeah, I can see how these examples zero right in on the Constitution. :roll2: :clap: toothy


I'm sure Barney Fife and you get along fine in the hinterlands of NYS but here in the big city, it's a different story.

I'm surprised the cop didn't stop and thump the hell out of that guy just for pointing a camera at him.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: freetown fred On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Me thinks you would be surprised about a lot of happenings out in the real world
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:52 pm

freetown fred wrote:Me thinks you would be surprised about a lot of happenings out in the real world


Not a lot surprises me anymore. Whatcha got? :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:54 pm

jpete wrote:
freetown fred wrote:I don't know where you negative people live, but up here if a police officer or Sheriff is neglegent in following the same laws as we have to & it is brought to their supervisors attention by any citizen, it is dealt with. Me thinks it has a lot to do with local govt. and how involved the PEOPLE want to get. To confront anybody with "where's your DAMN seatbelt" would probably be a bad start. Oh yeah, I can see how these examples zero right in on the Constitution. :roll2: :clap: toothy


I'm sure Barney Fife and you get along fine in the hinterlands of NYS but here in the big city, it's a different story.

I'm surprised the cop didn't stop and thump the hell out of that guy just for pointing a camera at him.


You must feel really good about cutting people down that do not hold the same theory in life as you....you assume a lot about a person...based on interpretation! :P
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:57 pm

Northern Maine wrote:You must feel really good about cutting people down that do not hold the same theory in life as you....you assume a lot about a person...based on interpretation! :P


Maybe I've known and am related to more than one cop and I know the stories they tell of the things they have done.

You assume I'm shooting from the hip with no information at all.

And contrary to popular belief, it brings me no joy to have to have conversation with people, some who have taken an oath to uphold it, on the basic meaning of the Constitution.

If we can't agree on that, where are we headed as a country?
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:10 pm

jpete wrote:
Northern Maine wrote:You must feel really good about cutting people down that do not hold the same theory in life as you....you assume a lot about a person...based on interpretation! :P


Maybe I've known and am related to more than one cop and I know the stories they tell of the things they have done.

You assume I'm shooting from the hip with no information at all.

And contrary to popular belief, it brings me no joy to have to have conversation with people, some who have taken an oath to uphold it, on the basic meaning of the Constitution.

If we can't agree on that, where are we headed as a country?


Agreed...however, I think it is a misconception (in my opinion) that most law enforcement officers fit into the "bad apple" category....and I also believe that those "bad apples" will have their day at some point...whether it now or in the hereafter! ;)
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:13 pm

It's the bad apples that make the other 5% look bad. ;)
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Cops Above the Law??

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:21 pm

jpete wrote:It's the bad apples that make the other 5% look bad. ;)


So your saying 95% of law enforcement are bad apples? I find that a bit high! :o
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648