Unrest in the GOP?

Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:09 am

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12 ... -in-house/

Will he concede for his survival? or Let the chips fall were they may?
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: lsayre On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:58 am

The only current Republican at the National level with the capacity for rational vision and thought is Rand Paul. For example, he understands the power of voting "present" (SHRUGGING) and thereby letting the Democrats get everything they want with no concessions or riders or amendment or even argument, thus leaving the Democrats alone to garner, earn, and own full blame and scorn when the country goes to hell in a hand basket. What he realizes is that compromise with evil can only result in evil. He is a man of principle. He offers hope for the future direction of America. He has and will continue to be scorned by the Republican Party and its constituency as a result of his vision and understanding.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)

Re: Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:03 am

lsayre wrote:The only current Republican at the National level with the capacity for rational vision and thought is Rand Paul. For example, he understands the power of voting "present" (SHRUGGING) and thereby letting the Democrats get everything they want with no concessions or riders or amendment or even argument, thus leaving the Democrats alone to garner, earn, and own full blame and scorn when the country goes to hell in a hand basket. What he realizes is that compromise with evil can only result in evil. He is a man of principle. He offers hope for the future direction of America. He has and will continue to be scorned by the Republican Party and its constituency as a result of his vision and understanding.


Can he live by his principles and make change that is helpful? and If so, what are his chances of doing so?
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648


Re: Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: lsayre On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:17 am

Northern Maine wrote:Can he live by his principles and make change that is helpful? and If so, what are his chances of doing so?


He understands that change is not always helpful and sometimes you must shrug in order to emerge stronger.

Quoting from 'Atlas Shrugged':

"Mr. Rearden," said Francisco, his voice solemnly calm, "if you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders-what would you tell him to do?"

"I . . . don't know. What . . . could he do? What would you tell him?"

"To shrug."
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)

Re: Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:21 am

lsayre wrote:
Northern Maine wrote:Can he live by his principles and make change that is helpful? and If so, what are his chances of doing so?


He understands that change is not always helpful and sometimes you must shrug.

Quoting from 'Atlas Shrugged':

"Mr. Rearden," said Francisco, his voice solemnly calm, "if you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders-what would you tell him to do?"

"I . . . don't know. What . . . could he do? What would you tell him?"

"To shrug."

Great point...plausibly ask the masses to step in and help in one way or another and hope for the best.
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: lsayre On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:32 am

But when the very masses have clearly turned and accepted evil I can see a possible historical corollary to shrugging:

"Father in Heaven, "if you saw your son Jesus, the Savior who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood crucified by that very world, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the worlds sin and evil bore down upon his shoulders-what would you tell him?"

"It is finished."
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)

Re: Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: Coalfire On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:56 am

Northern Maine wrote:
lsayre wrote:
Northern Maine wrote:Can he live by his principles and make change that is helpful? and If so, what are his chances of doing so?


He understands that change is not always helpful and sometimes you must shrug.

Quoting from 'Atlas Shrugged':

"Mr. Rearden," said Francisco, his voice solemnly calm, "if you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders-what would you tell him to do?"

"I . . . don't know. What . . . could he do? What would you tell him?"

"To shrug."

Great point...plausibly ask the masses to step in and help in one way or another and hope for the best.




That is the problem, the masses voted for more handouts, stimulus, and door prizes. They want to tax the rich, thinking it will make things better. Yet they do not accept personal responsibility. I have seen a post from someone on here saying alot of people live on social security only, that is true, but how did it get to that point. Should they not have saved so they are not in that situation. I do not want to hear about hard times and struggles everyone goes through them. I just look at so many who needed that 70inch flat screen for two grand. When there is something to bail you out, you tend not to change your ways. So I can say it is a people problem, as evidenced by this last election :(
Coalfire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 96K btu Circulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Re: Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: franco b On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Whassa matter, you hate Santa Claus?
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:19 pm

franco b wrote:Whassa matter, you hate Santa Claus?




:roll: :eek2: :annoyed:
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: franco b On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:24 pm

We are already long past the point of no return, as is Europe. The only possible fix is default through inflation. Just get a wheelbarrow to carry your money.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 pm

franco b wrote:We are already long past the point of no return, as is Europe. The only possible fix is default through inflation. Just get a wheelbarrow to carry your money.


Contributing to the cause by utilizing money...whats the point! Our demise is no more or less otherwise!
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: franco b On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:56 pm

Northern Maine wrote:
franco b wrote:We are already long past the point of no return, as is Europe. The only possible fix is default through inflation. Just get a wheelbarrow to carry your money.


Contributing to the cause by utilizing money...whats the point! Our demise is no more or less otherwise!

The point is that inflation is politically acceptable while cost cutting is not.

The current debate is over taxing the rich which is totally meaningless because it will neither increase revenue nor lower deficit. What's left is printing more money until that doesn't work anymore and then start over with some hard lessons learned.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:58 pm

franco b wrote:
Northern Maine wrote:
franco b wrote:We are already long past the point of no return, as is Europe. The only possible fix is default through inflation. Just get a wheelbarrow to carry your money.


Contributing to the cause by utilizing money...whats the point! Our demise is no more or less otherwise!

The point is that inflation is politically acceptable while cost cutting is not.

The current debate is over taxing the rich which is totally meaningless because it will neither increase revenue nor lower deficit. What's left is printing more money until that doesn't work anymore and then start over with some hard lessons learned.


What shall we cut?
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Contributing to the cause by utilizing money...whats the point! Our demise is no more or less otherwise![/quote]
The point is that inflation is politically acceptable while cost cutting is not.

The current debate is over taxing the rich which is totally meaningless because it will neither increase revenue nor lower deficit. What's left is printing more money until that doesn't work anymore and then start over with some hard lessons learned.[/quote]

What shall we cut? Welfare...S.S., medicare, medicaid, unemployment, etc. is a part of that...
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Unrest in the GOP?

PostBy: franco b On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Northern Maine wrote:What shall we cut?


Probably about one third of government payroll including state and local. Get rid of whole departments like Energy and Education at the Federal level. The military is more than we can afford or need.

Reforms to Social Security and Medicare to make them viable.

None of these things will happen nor do they need to happen because the market will in time fix things all by itself. The trouble is a market fix can be brutal.

Economic law is called law because it is certain, just like gravity. You can violate it just so long before paying the price.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea