Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

Location?

Knoebels
16
28%
Private picnic area in rural setting for a day
15
26%
Private picnic area in rural setting with Campground facilities
17
30%
Catering Hall
9
16%
 
Total votes : 57

Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: dcrane On: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:03 pm

on the sandy beaches of Cape Cod :P

or whichever place is closest to NY city / Boston

Knoebels sounds pretty kool because it can be more of a vacation for those with kids and both campers, kids and everyone can find enjoyment doing something. Is it close by any good Coal Mine Tours?
dcrane
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: SMITTY On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:16 am

Sorry D .. but I'd vote to be the FARTHEST distance possible from all those places. Except the bar, of course. :D
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: Lightning On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:17 am

Hey Richard, can you plot a map based on avatar information to see where most of the members are concentrated?

....and the meek shall inherit the Earth :)
Lightning
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1537G
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Stove Size Mix


Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:26 am

What if someone wanted to steal your coal? They'll know which house to rob. :P

Truthfully I'd never compile anything like that and I'd suggest trying to keep yourself private on the internet.

If we were to do that they are going to be all over the place and it would probably be very close to NEPA where the center of that is going to be since that is the source of the coal. :)
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: dcrane On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:32 am

Richard S. wrote:What if someone wanted to steal your coal? They'll know which house to rob. :P

Truthfully I'd never compile anything like that and I'd suggest trying to keep yourself private on the internet.

If we were to do that they are going to be all over the place and it would probably be very close to NEPA where the center of that is going to be since that is the source of the coal. :)


We had a Frenchmen join yesterday! :D Were international now :D
dcrane
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:33 am

dcrane wrote:Knoebels sounds pretty kool because it can be more of a vacation for those with kids and both campers, kids and everyone can find enjoyment doing something. Is it close by any good Coal Mine Tours?


There is some things nearby and Knoebel's has there own little mining museum.

Knoebels is really ideal except there is no alcohol allowed there and there is overwhelming majority that want alcohol at this event. Knoebels will be in the final poll but I don't see it being a winner.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: dcrane On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:14 am

Richard S. wrote:
dcrane wrote:Knoebels sounds pretty kool because it can be more of a vacation for those with kids and both campers, kids and everyone can find enjoyment doing something. Is it close by any good Coal Mine Tours?


There is some things nearby and Knoebel's has there own little mining museum.

Knoebels is really ideal except there is no alcohol allowed there and there is overwhelming majority that want alcohol at this event. Knoebels will be in the final poll but I don't see it being a winner.


Maybe a campground that allows beer "near" Knoebels would be good?
dcrane
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:42 am

They have a campground and you can drink in their campground.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: Cap On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:00 pm

Richard, I thought your uncle's lot along the the river was perfect. Had a great time and a real nice motorcycle ride to get there...
Cap
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator

Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:33 pm

The place I'm considering is not that far from there, no river but plenty of other outdoor activities.

the river is nice but I think we're going to have a fairly larger turnout and that really can't accommodate that many people if it rains unless I get a tent. This place has a huge pavilion and kitchen in it.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: dcrane On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:49 pm

how did Knoebels go from 13 votes to 12 votes :shock: ... i got my eyes on your Rich :mad: LOL
dcrane
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:44 pm

If it did it's a bug but I've never know the polling system to be buggy.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: anthony7812 On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:55 pm

I voted for the private picnic area with campground amenities but hell I think knoebels would be the better choice. More I think about it the nicer it looks all around.
anthony7812
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:55 pm

anthony7812 wrote:I voted for the private picnic area with campground amenities but hell I think knoebels would be the better choice. More I think about it the nicer it looks all around.


There is going to be a second poll, these are initial polls are just to gauge what the general interests are so I can form some second ones that are more precise with places and times.

Having said that Knoebels would be nice, it would certainly be easier because I can have them cater it too. The food prices for their catering are very reasonable and there is plenty to choose from. If I buy $500 in ride tickets it's a 20% discount.

http://www.knoebels.com/images/pdf/catercomp_sm.pdf

Whatever gets decided here will be by vote. ;)
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Where should the Meet and Greet be held?

PostBy: Richard S. On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:02 am

I'll mention it again, Knoebels has what is considered one the best wooden roller coasters in the world and the other one ranked fairly high too.

The Phoenix was moved there from Texas.


This is new roller coaster but it's designed after one from long time ago:



........and perhaps we might even get lucky and they'll have this open but they have been working on this for 5 or 6 years now. They are apprently having issues with it but when they open this it will be the only one like it in the world.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite