Michigan "Right To Work"

Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: plumb-r On: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Did what happened in Michigan at the right to work protest, show what this country is heading toward? I find it odd that there isn't any police in any of the videos that have been posted on line. The credibility of unions had to be hurt by this. If the Tea party had acted like that at a rally every news cast in the US would be airing footage. Obama won't even comment on it. This hurts his plans for a socialist state.
plumb-r
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 608 Energy Master I Stoker

Re: Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:17 pm

plumb-r wrote:Did what happened in Michigan at the right to work protest, show what this country is heading toward? I find it odd that there isn't any police in any of the videos that have been posted on line. The credibility of unions had to be hurt by this. If the Tea party had acted like that at a rally every news cast in the US would be airing footage. Obama won't even comment on it. This hurts his plans for a socialist state.

What? OMG? we have been socialist for many decades! What is your point!
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:30 pm

I hear you Plumb-r. Had that been a Tea Party rally, there would have been a gang of cops lobbing tear gas, and pictures & stories of how "bad" the Tea Party is. All while occupy w/s got zero attention from the MSM.

Certainly interesting times we live in. It's almost as if the powers that be WANT a civil war. Makes sense, because that'll "finally" give them the excuse they need to tear up the Constitution and turn America into just another Euro-style dictatorship. :(
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler


Re: Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:33 pm

SMITTY wrote:I hear you Plumb-r. Had that been a Tea Party rally, there would have been a gang of cops lobbing tear gas, and pictures & stories of how "bad" the Tea Party is. All while occupy w/s got zero attention from the MSM.

Certainly interesting times we live in. It's almost as if the powers that be WANT a civil war. Makes sense, because that'll "finally" give them the excuse they need to tear up the Constitution and turn America into just another Euro-style dictatorship. :(


OK chicken little...the sky is falling! :P
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:37 pm

Northern Maine wrote:
SMITTY wrote:I hear you Plumb-r. Had that been a Tea Party rally, there would have been a gang of cops lobbing tear gas, and pictures & stories of how "bad" the Tea Party is. All while occupy w/s got zero attention from the MSM.

Certainly interesting times we live in. It's almost as if the powers that be WANT a civil war. Makes sense, because that'll "finally" give them the excuse they need to tear up the Constitution and turn America into just another Euro-style dictatorship. :(


OK chicken little...the sky is falling! :P


SMH
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: buffalo bob On: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:47 pm

thats why i watch fox news they tell u the stuff that the other networks surpress...
buffalo bob
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Re: Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: rubicondave33 On: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Don't forget that the "Main Stream Media" is the same bunch that have given the unions a bad image to begin with. Please don't be so quick to judge unions/ union members before the facts are presented.
I'm a 25 year IBEW member and damn grateful for it!

The sky is falling indeed... :sick:
rubicondave33
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:58 pm

rubicondave33 wrote:Don't forget that the "Main Stream Media" is the same bunch that have given the unions a bad image to begin with. Please don't be so quick to judge unions/ union members before the facts are presented.
I'm a 25 year IBEW member and damn grateful for it!

The sky is falling indeed... :sick:


Yes, whatever you do, don't forget it's the MSM that has given unions a bad name....

Image
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Damn "mainstream media"....always reporting stuff people do!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/12 ... him-video/

This is small business owner Clint Tarver of Lansing, Michigan. He was caught in the violent chaos that erupted when union thugs attacked the Americans for Prosperity tent on the capitol grounds yesterday during the right-to-work debate. His hot dog stand was destroyed. The union thugs also verbally attacked Vince for selling hotdogs to conservatives.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: KLook On: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Don't forget that the "Main Stream Media" is the same bunch that have given the unions a bad image to begin with. Please don't be so quick to judge unions/ union members before the facts are presented.
I'm a 25 year IBEW member and damn grateful for it!

The sky is falling indeed... :sick:


I certainly wont attack you personally, I am sure the union has been good for you. But what your union has done to everyone else and got you some goodies to keep you compliant is another matter. And it should be common sense that no one should be forced to pay dues to any organization that they don't agree with. And don't tell me they don't have to take the job. If it was up to your thug bosses, everyone would be in a union for ALL jobs and they would have major political clout.
I worked for a union group, the Dot of Maine, and the full time guys called me a seasonal scab. I asked how much they suffered to get me my meager pay as I was low man on the totem pole and doing all the work while they smoked cigs on the bridge deck. Bunch of union bull23it.

Kevin
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: rubicondave33 On: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:21 pm

KLook wrote:
Don't forget that the "Main Stream Media" is the same bunch that have given the unions a bad image to begin with. Please don't be so quick to judge unions/ union members before the facts are presented.
I'm a 25 year IBEW member and damn grateful for it!

The sky is falling indeed... :sick:


I certainly wont attack you personally, I am sure the union has been good for you. But what your union has done to everyone else and got you some goodies to keep you compliant is another matter. And it should be common sense that no one should be forced to pay dues to any organization that they don't agree with. And don't tell me they don't have to take the job. If it was up to your thug bosses, everyone would be in a union for ALL jobs and they would have major political clout.
I worked for a union group, the Dot of Maine, and the full time guys called me a seasonal scab. I asked how much they suffered to get me my meager pay as I was low man on the totem pole and doing all the work while they smoked cigs on the bridge deck. Bunch of union bull23it.

Kevin

I wasn't forced to do anything, I chose to join. I could have just as easily chosen to work in an open shop but decided not to.
rubicondave33
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: NoSmoke On: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:39 pm

rubicondave33 wrote:I wasn't forced to do anything, I chose to join. I could have just as easily chosen to work in an open shop but decided not to.


Same way here. I have worked non-union jobs and I have worked Union jobs and having a little job protection is a very good thing. Sure there are guys that abuse the Union form of protection, but in the Non-Union jobs, the suck-ups also abused their self-preserving interests as well by trying to get in good with the foreman. There is no need for that on the job.

Myself, I go to work and just do the best job that I can. Sure I am on lay-off entirely based on Seniority, and not by how well I can weld, but that is how the system works.

I think if you signed up for a Union Shop, then no one should get the Union Right's without paying the price for it. Isn't it enough that everyone got weekends, vacation pay, and paid holidays from Union Bartering Agreements that paved the way for it all?

Proud Member of:
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers
NoSmoke
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vogelzang Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler (Back-up)

Re: Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: plumb-r On: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:29 am

I was met the first week of work in the elevator by a mess of co-workers that told me I had to slow down at work because I made the rest of them look bad. The next week they gave me the slowest guy in the world to get fittings for me. I could get of the lift and get them faster myself. I was told I wasn't allowed to get my own fittings because that took away someones job. I ended up quiting the job after my car was trashed. Union Thugs! :mad:
plumb-r
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 608 Energy Master I Stoker

Re: Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:12 am

plumb-r wrote:I was met the first week of work in the elevator by a mess of co-workers that told me I had to slow down at work because I made the rest of them look bad. The next week they gave me the slowest guy in the world to get fittings for me. I could get of the lift and get them faster myself. I was told I wasn't allowed to get my own fittings because that took away someones job. I ended up quiting the job after my car was trashed. Union Thugs! :mad:


One experience trumps that of others?
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Michigan "Right To Work"

PostBy: Ed.A On: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:13 am

NoSmoke wrote:Isn't it enough that everyone got weekends, vacation pay, and paid holidays from Union Bartering Agreements that paved the way for it all?

Proud Member of:
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers


No offense NS but by that reasoning then we should thank the Dem's for Slavery and leading the way for the model for low priced commodities and the Democrats KKK for being one of the first Community Action Groups.

While we're at it we should all thank Hitler for giving us cuase to give the Jews an Israeli State...we should thank the Roman Empire for giving us "Coliseums" so we can watch Football on Sunday...shall I go on giving thanks?

"Most" Unions have out lived their usefullness in a global economy and a Federal Labor Realtions Board. Not to mention every state has a Labor board as well. Trust me, unless you rape the bosses daughter or punch him or your supervisor in the face it's damn hard to get fired nowadays.

All you have to do is follow the money...right smack into the Liberal coffers and you don't HAVE ANY say where your Dues go. The Union bosses are no different now than they were when Jimmy Hoffa Sr. was around, nothing but Scum bag Thugs, and very RICH ones at that.

Chrysler just had to hire back 7 guys, with 1yrs Back PAY for being let go after they were caught drinking and smoking weed on their lunch break. Which btw was against company policy as stated in their handbook...that don't matter, we got's a UNION to go stick up for them.

Yes I thank Unions for giving us laws that protect drunk and Lazy A$$ed Bums!
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice


cron