Gun Control News

Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: DieselBob On: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Robert wrote:If they can't stop it with a law they will tax it and or over regulate it out of existence for the average person. This will be interesting to see how it goes.

I feel you are correct. I could easily see this accruing when someone applies for a permit.

Application fee $1000.00
Processing fee $500.00
History Review $500.00
Filing fee $500.00
And if you are not disapproved, Annual Permit fee $5000.00

So for the poultry fee of $7500 a year you can have a carry permit. They have not denied your right to carry a firearm. They have just made it impossible to afford. No law says they can't do that.
DieselBob
 

Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:31 pm

DieselBob wrote:
Robert wrote:If they can't stop it with a law they will tax it and or over regulate it out of existence for the average person. This will be interesting to see how it goes.

I feel you are correct. I could easily see this accruing when someone applies for a permit.

Application fee $1000.00
Processing fee $500.00
History Review $500.00
Filing fee $500.00
And if you are not disapproved, Annual Permit fee $5000.00

So for the poultry fee of $7500 a year you can have a carry permit. They have not denied your right to carry a firearm. They have just made it impossible to afford. No law says they can't do that.


the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.


Sounds like "infringement" to me.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: DieselBob On: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:47 pm

jpete wrote:
DieselBob wrote:
Robert wrote:If they can't stop it with a law they will tax it and or over regulate it out of existence for the average person. This will be interesting to see how it goes.

I feel you are correct. I could easily see this accruing when someone applies for a permit.

Application fee $1000.00
Processing fee $500.00
History Review $500.00
Filing fee $500.00
And if you are not disapproved, Annual Permit fee $5000.00

So for the poultry fee of $7500 a year you can have a carry permit. They have not denied your right to carry a firearm. They have just made it impossible to afford. No law says they can't do that.


the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.


Sounds like "infringement" to me.

To my simple way of thinking the mere fact of needing a permit/license or any other hindrance is in fact infringement but that hasn't stopped the government before. I can find nothing in the 2nd amendment that states I need a permit, license or have a background check to exercise the “right of the people to keep and bear arms”.
DieselBob
 


Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:51 pm

Whole heartedly agree.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: grumpy On: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:03 am

jpete wrote:Whole heartedly agree.



Me Too ! Bravo to Alaska, Vermont, Wyoming and New Hampshire, 12 other states may go the same way..

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nat ... 53391932/1
grumpy
 

Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:37 am

Hmmmmmm?
Attachments
005.JPG
(61.22 KiB) Viewed 27 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]38703[/nepathumb]
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 am

jpete wrote:Whole heartedly agree.

Let anybody that's wants a gun have one? I see no where in the amendment that states that a citizen should be able to kill another person because they want too either!
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: SMITTY On: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:38 am

I don't get you NM ..... your views flip flop worse than John Kerry. One minute your posting all the guns you own ..... and the next your for gun control. :confused:

The Second Amendment is about the right of THE PEOPLE to KEEP and BEAR ARMS -- It has NOTHING to do with your mental state! IF your a whackjob, then the people who are supposed to be writing common sense laws should have that said whackjob put in JAIL, where he is NOT a threat to society.

Every generation of my family has owned or carried firearms. Not one murder in 100+ years ....
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: Rwalker On: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:45 am

I am not sure why we are even discussing CCWs. Criminals arent even supposed to possess firearms and none of them have a CCW, yet every damn hood rat on the corner is packing.

Only those of us who follow the law obtain a CCW and carry legally. Laws that effect this will only effect those of us who follow the law. Wolves will continue to be wolves and carry illegally. Period.

Tougher gun laws hurt the innocen and protect the wolf. How many CCW permit holders have committed violent crimes with their weapons?

And yes, this kid got his guns from his mom, so that in part makes her part of the problem. The monster she raised is the monster that took her life. Where was his dad? A male child's number 1 influence in life is his father. From http://life.familyeducation.com/boys/fathers/55299.html

A boy learns from his father, without even realizing he's doing it, what a man is and does. He learns about masculinity, about what men like and don't like. Many adult men report that they either wanted to be "just like my dad"—or wanted to be his exact opposite. Fathers undoubtedly have a powerful influence on their growing sons, and it begins from the moment of birth.


My kids have been around firearms their whole lives, just like I was. I shot my first gun at age 5 or 6, shot my first doe at age 12 and killed a 10 point buck at 14 that still hangs on my wall today. I had my own rifle and shotgun in a gun rack in my bedroom from about age 10. Oh, and I played violent video games!! :o We had rifle and archery club at school and we were permitted to bring our .22s and bows to school. We settled our differences with our knuckles back then, then we were buds again. Things are different now.

As others have said, social media, gratification, is what is feeding this. This kid is a nobody, mom and dad dont give a *censored*, so he goes out in a hail of gunfire and everyone knows his name. He goes from a nobody to a somebody overnight. And out media loves it, feeds off of it, and flashes his face everywhere. Instant immortality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM_WuQdg-sY
Rwalker
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 983

Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: jpete On: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:04 am

Northern Maine wrote:
jpete wrote:Whole heartedly agree.

Let anybody that's wants a gun have one? I see no where in the amendment that states that a citizen should be able to kill another person because they want too either!


If me owning a gun was the cause of people dying you might not be around to type that NM. ;)

Guns are neither good nor bad. Like money and words, they depend upon the person using them.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: Poconoeagle On: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:11 am

i agree Rwalker. it is indeed the parenting. shot my dads off duty revolver at 6. Realized later that he wanted to take away the curiosity of the machine and allow me the ability to learn respect for it. Just like a bicycle,motorcycle,and car. Fatherly input teaching respect masked as FUN>... time spent on picnics, in movies,in parks, at lakes or beach, flying kites etc....

selfish selfish selfish......thats the lessons society teaches today......right from the top down :|

even back when there were single parents there was cub scouts, webelos, Boy Scouts , Big Brother programes......people who give a crap about others..... the slide down hill all started with the boob tube..... brainwashing for profit via self centered spending of money......

gotta have a lexus.....gotta be stinking rich......gotta this,,,gotta that...... it told us what we wanted to eat....how to dress....how to act....... Heyyyyy.... remember? the fonz? cool huh. white t shirt and leather jacket.... bingo kids changed how they dressed..... hanna montanna.....bingo girls changed how they dressed.......Lindsey Lohan....bingo chicks are train wrecks......
its just sick :sick:
Poconoeagle
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: SMITTY On: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Yeah well said, as usual Rwalker.
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:06 pm

SMITTY wrote:I don't get you NM ..... your views flip flop worse than John Kerry. One minute your posting all the guns you own ..... and the next your for gun control. :confused:

The Second Amendment is about the right of THE PEOPLE to KEEP and BEAR ARMS -- It has NOTHING to do with your mental state! IF your a whackjob, then the people who are supposed to be writing common sense laws should have that said whackjob put in JAIL, where he is NOT a threat to society.

Every generation of my family has owned or carried firearms. Not one murder in 100+ years ....


I was responding to Jpetes implication that govt. should not be involved in our right to own firearms...I disagree....I think we have laws in place now that are sufficent and should be enforced and in fact some of those very laws stemmed this Stanza guy from purchasing a weapon. Hope this clarifies your confusion! ;)
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:15 pm

My stance on the gun control laws are. I agree that arming more citizens will not stop these mass situations from happening. But it may prevent more situations from becoming as mass situations. We do not need anymore laws against guns.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Gun Control News

PostBy: jpete On: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Northern Maine wrote:
I was responding to Jpetes implication that govt. should not be involved in our right to own firearms...I disagree....I think we have laws in place now that are sufficent and should be enforced and in fact some of those very laws stemmed this Stanza guy from purchasing a weapon. Hope this clarifies your confusion! ;)


How does preventing me from protecting myself protect me and those around me?

The report that he was refused a weapon is shaky at best. Why would he need to go buy one if he knew his mother's house was chock full?
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice