Connecticut Shooting

Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:19 pm

mr1precision wrote:Its seems like this cupcake, instant gratification, everbody wins a trohpy generation is not able to cope with real life. I've seen so many in this cupcake geration including neices and nephews that have no social skills or morals. What a sad day! :(

Jpete I'm with you. The teachers should have been packing!


The problem as someone else has stated is societal decay. That's the place we should look at and make some serious changes. A teacher(s) packing and stopping this tragedy would have momentarily taking care of the situation...but the decay still remains...
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:20 pm

mr1precision wrote:Jpete I'm with you. The teachers should have been packing!


Whether they "should have" is debatable but they should at least have the option.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: SteveZee On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:22 pm

jpete wrote:The problem isn't HAVING the right, it's being PREVENTED from practicing it.

I bet none of these things happen in Kennesaw GA where every person over 18 is required by law to own a gun. :)

You also don't see them in places like Switzerland where the government issues weapons to everyone.

If the principal and the 7 teachers that were killed had been armed, I'm pretty sure at least one of them could have made a difference.


You got to be kidding me. That the Pricipal and Teachers in an elementary school should walk around with fire arms as a matter of course? That's what you think the fix is? I don't buy it and honestly that's like throwing gasoline on a fire. Now everybody is armed and everything gets settled with a bullet. Far from a deterrent, that would cause even more death. It's just to damn easy to pull a trigger. The Swiss may own guns but only private citizens involved in security openly carry.
SteveZee
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range


Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: Uglysquirrel On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:22 pm

jpete wrote:I bet none of these things happen in Kennesaw GA where every person over 18 is required by law to own a gun. :)

You also don't see them in places like Switzerland where the government issues weapons to everyone.



Jpete, I appreciate your statements. Could you please be so kind as to potentially provide links to these statements ? I would appreciate more detail as it supports a legitimate logic that needs further discussion within this gentlemenly rant.

Thanks.

PS....a good discussion that is unfortunately way too close to our homes. :(

Ug
Uglysquirrel
 
Stove/Furnace Model: Pocono

Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: mr1precision On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:25 pm

jpete wrote:
mr1precision wrote:Jpete I'm with you. The teachers should have been packing!


Whether they "should have" is debatable but they should at least have the option.


Seems to work in Israel. We protect our children with condoms!
teacher.jpg
(60.76 KiB) Viewed 32 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]38666[/nepathumb]
Last edited by mr1precision on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr1precision
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130

Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:26 pm

SteveZee wrote:
jpete wrote:The problem isn't HAVING the right, it's being PREVENTED from practicing it.

I bet none of these things happen in Kennesaw GA where every person over 18 is required by law to own a gun. :)

You also don't see them in places like Switzerland where the government issues weapons to everyone.

If the principal and the 7 teachers that were killed had been armed, I'm pretty sure at least one of them could have made a difference.


You got to be kidding me. That the Pricipal and Teachers in an elementary school should walk around with fire arms as a matter of course? That's what you think the fix is? I don't buy it and honestly that's like throwing gasoline on a fire. Now everybody is armed and everything gets settled with a bullet. Far from a deterrent, that would cause even more death. It's just to damn easy to pull a trigger. The Swiss may own guns but only private citizens involved in security openly carry.


Agreed...it would be like the "Wild West" all over again.
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: anthony7812 On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Sick just sick, this is my generation fella's. I can't imagin the loss the family are feelings right now who lost thier loved ones.
anthony7812
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Nut/Anthracite

Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:30 pm

mr1precision wrote:
jpete wrote:
mr1precision wrote:Jpete I'm with you. The teachers should have been packing!


Whether they "should have" is debatable but they should at least have the option.


Seems to work in Israel. We protect our children with condems!
teacher.jpg


Because Israel does it, we should? And comparing condoms to guns is pretty extreme would you say? Everyone else is doing it so we should too?
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: anthony7812 On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:34 pm

I will hardly say banning firearms in anyway will help. Fact is makin gun ownership illegal would be make the fly by night gun deals happen more regularly. Ill make a similar example, it was easy to get hands on drugs in high school than a case of beer. But damn what happened to our youth. Im not what you would say very religious but thier needs to be a belief in god taught to our kids. If you have no fear of repercussion from the lord "god or what ever belief" than what wouldnt you do. Just ramblin, damn tho this sucks.
anthony7812
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Nut/Anthracite

Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: mr1precision On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Northern Maine wrote:Because Israel does it, we should? And comparing condoms to guns is pretty extreme would you say? Everyone else is doing it so we should too?


Kind an over reaction IMHO.
mr1precision
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130

Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: mr1precision On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:47 pm

anthony7812 wrote:I will hardly say banning firearms in anyway will help. Fact is makin gun ownership illegal would be make the fly by night gun deals happen more regularly. Ill make a similar example, it was easy to get hands on drugs in high school than a case of beer. But damn what happened to our youth. Im not what you would say very religious but thier needs to be a belief in god taught to our kids. If you have no fear of repercussion from the lord "god or what ever belief" than what wouldnt you do. Just ramblin, damn tho this sucks.


I agree with you. The more we move away from god the more we suffer. Not many can see that.
mr1precision
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130

Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: SMITTY On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Agreed 300%!! When people had MORALS, these things did not happen.

And for the record, had the teachers been packing, they would've saved kids lives. No question there. Any other thought on that is emotion clouding your judgement.

Like Glenn Beck tweeted today: IT'S NOT THE GUN THAT'S THE PROBLEM. IT'S THE SOUL.
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: Uglysquirrel On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:57 pm

mr1precision wrote:[I agree with you. The more we move away from god the more we suffer. Not many can see that.


BINGO!

Though there are now several generations that are living without the attributes that a higer power brings. Each generation may be getting further away from the concept of God.

The bad and good news: We are doomed unless we all move up to Maine, where, believe it or knot, there still are Mayberry RFD's....
Uglysquirrel
 
Stove/Furnace Model: Pocono

Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Uglysquirrel wrote:
mr1precision wrote:[I agree with you. The more we move away from god the more we suffer. Not many can see that.


BINGO!

Though there are now several generations that are living without the attributes that a higer power brings. Each generation may be getting further away from the concept of God.

The bad and good news: We are doomed unless we all move up to Maine, where, believe it or knot, there still are Mayberry RFD's....


I'm sure the very same thing could happen up here in Mayberry! I'm a gun lover too...but I don't believe the problem at hand is able to be solved by gun point....as has already been stated via some posts here. ;)
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: Connecticut Shooting

PostBy: SMITTY On: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:08 pm

You misunderstand me NM - in light of our current society, you NEED a gun TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS. End of story.

That;s NOT solving ANY problems - THAT'S PROTECTING YOUR ASS AND THOSE AROUND YOU!

The problem is obviously lack of morals. Society is BROKEN. There is nothing to debate here. To fix the problem, we need to STOP DEMONIZING RELIGION and instead BRING IT BACK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE! When you fear nothing, what is to stop a deranged individual from doing this again - besides a shot to the head by a law-abiding citizen??

The left will run with this one, sadly, as an excuse to ban black, "scary" guns.
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler