The Media has Gone Too Far

Forum rules
As the title "Thoughtful and Intelligent Debates" implies we want quality discussion in this forum. If you're going to post a new topic or reply to one here please make sure it fits the following guidelines.

  • Clear and descriptive title for your topic.
  • You don't need to write a book but please have a reasonable amount of material to support or dispute what you are discussing.
  • Outside references to material to support or dispute your argument can be used but they should not wholly make up your argument. If for example you reference a news article please explain exactly what you are referencing and why.
  • Stay on topic, while topics will wander in the general forums we want to keep them strictly on topic in this forum. Flaming will not be tolerated at all.

Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: Richard S. On: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:14 pm

samhill wrote:I heard several times on CNN & others that this or that could not be confirmed.


If it hasn't been confirmed from an official source they shouldn't be reporting it in the first place, period.

Maybe it would be best to keep all media completely out of the area


The media as best I know was confined to the park they were reporting from and this is exactly my point. These mistakes were so false they couldn't possibly have come from any official sources. They were making *censored* up and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if many of them were reporting on what the other news agencies were reporting.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: jpete On: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:14 pm

waldo lemieux wrote: In fact, as I understand from media reports, he somehow broke out glass and gained entry.

Waldo :(


I have passed the same information along.

Problem is, now the MSM is saying that it might have been the police who smashed the windows.

Here's a thought, stop reporting made up stuff!

If they don't know, then they shouldn't be broadcasting it to millions of people!
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:51 am

jpete wrote:
Here's a thought, stop reporting made up stuff!

If they don't know, then they shouldn't be broadcasting it to millions of people!


Exactly. They should just :stfu:
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite


Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: Richard S. On: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:51 am

While watching a report on TV (yes I realize the irony) I saw a sign on the Church that said "No Press". I realize the church is going to let someone from the press in if they want to worship but the mere fact they feel the need to put such a sign on a church is really beyond comprehension. Think about that for a second, a church with a sign on it telling someone they are not welcome.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: SteveZee On: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:09 am

Richard S. wrote:While watching a report on TV (yes I realize the irony) I saw a sign on the Church that said "No Press". I realize the church is going to let someone from the press in if they want to worship but the mere fact they feel the need to put such a sign on a church is really beyond comprehension. Think about that for a second, a church with a sign on it telling someone they are not welcome.


Hmmmm, why am I not surprised?
SteveZee
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: Blackrocks On: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:43 am

sam , Waldo and yourself are the only people making any sense here as far as i'm concerned

Rick
Blackrocks
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503 insert
Coal Size/Type: Nut --- bagged

Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: jpete On: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Richard S. wrote:While watching a report on TV (yes I realize the irony) I saw a sign on the Church that said "No Press". I realize the church is going to let someone from the press in if they want to worship but the mere fact they feel the need to put such a sign on a church is really beyond comprehension. Think about that for a second, a church with a sign on it telling someone they are not welcome.


Why not?

If they didn't they'd never get a service done because the jackals in the MSM would be tripping over each other to get a good picture of a parent crying.

The news industry's motto is "If it bleeds it leads" for a reason.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: Richard S. On: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:00 pm

jpete wrote:Why not?


I realize their reason Jpete and I agree with it but I'm considering this in the abstract.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: SteveZee On: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:54 pm

jpete wrote:
Richard S. wrote:While watching a report on TV (yes I realize the irony) I saw a sign on the Church that said "No Press". I realize the church is going to let someone from the press in if they want to worship but the mere fact they feel the need to put such a sign on a church is really beyond comprehension. Think about that for a second, a church with a sign on it telling someone they are not welcome.


Why not?

If they didn't they'd never get a service done because the jackals in the MSM would be tripping over each other to get a good picture of a parent crying.

The news industry's motto is "If it bleeds it leads" for a reason.

Why do you think that is? I'm sure that somewhere there is a statistician that told Faux news or any other network what sells or attracts the biggest audience or they figured it out from past events. The coliseums of yesterday easily filled the seats. It wasn't that long ago and human nature hasn't changed all that much.
SteveZee
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: jpete On: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:23 pm

That saying goes back further than Fake Noise Channel.

It's just the way the human condition is.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: SMITTY On: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Steve - your a piece of work, you know that?

You type Fox News with the smarmy liberal term "Faux" as if all the OTHER stations are any better! IF anything, they're 20x WORSE. They have a DUTY to report the news, yet details on Bengazi, Obama's childhood, democrat tax dodgers, etc etc etc etc ..... all go unreported.

Fox is part of the mainstream media, but you libs need to realize that ALL the mainstream media has an AGENDA that comes FIRST. News comes second today.
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: grumpy On: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:37 pm

SMITTY wrote:Steve - your a piece of work, you know that?

You type Fox News with the smarmy liberal term "Faux" as if all the OTHER stations are any better! IF anything, they're 20x WORSE. They have a DUTY to report the news, yet details on Bengazi, Obama's childhood, democrat tax dodgers, etc etc etc etc ..... all go unreported.

Fox is part of the mainstream media, but you libs need to realize that ALL the mainstream media has an AGENDA that comes FIRST. News comes second today.



Your right Smitty, however fox has there own, check out "Out Foxed" if you dare.
grumpy
 

Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: Cap On: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Poconoeagle wrote:
I don't turn on my set... granted i have set's in a house i don't stay in but there is no TV here.


No TV??? But you have internet access? Honestly?
Cap
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator

Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: grumpy On: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Cap wrote:
Poconoeagle wrote:
I don't turn on my set... granted i have set's in a house i don't stay in but there is no TV here.


No TV??? But you have internet access? Honestly?



Whats wrong with that?
grumpy
 

Re: The Media has Gone Too Far

PostBy: Black_And_Blue On: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:05 pm

i don't watch either, been well over a year.

internet only cable to the house.
Black_And_Blue
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska 140