Gun control

Re: Gun control

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:08 pm

samhill wrote:If your so afraid of your Gov. what the hell are you still doing here? You all make the U.S. sound worse than some third world country run by a dictator, just because the one you wanted in office lost your running scared or is it you have always been running? I may be an older person but I sure don't see what is being described here.


Because you ain't looking.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Gun control

PostBy: grumpy On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 pm

jpete wrote:
dcrane wrote:"Stores will be taken over by heavily armed gangs, roads will be blocked by armed patrols waiting to ambush and take what ever you have."

OK...now we've gone from dawn of the dead and moved right into Mad Max. :lol:
My family has fought for our Country for many generations but dear lord im starting to really think we be needing some gun control around here now :shock:

I love ya man and i do get what your what your saying, we are both passionate, its eye opening and refreshing to hear and discuss this issue that our country is in the process of dealing with and lets both pray whatever is done is done with reasonable and intel;intelligent minds and with the same passion we all seem to have. :cheers:


Have you seen most large cities any time the power goes off for more than four minutes?

The supermarkets will be cleared out by day THREE....MAX!

That's when things start to get hairy.


More like three hours.
grumpy
 

Re: Gun control

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Call me an optimist. :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice


Re: Gun control

PostBy: homecomfort On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:15 pm

after having little choice but to listen to an extreme right wing radio garbage program for 20 minutes, I can see why listeners are scared. this program was scary, to the extent that there are people who actually suck that crap up, and take it as gospel. that is scary. brain washing has made these people afraid of their own shadow, like a case of week knee, only applies to common sense. add to that, now thousands more guns to the millions already out there, and a new cure for the boogeyman, more guns, in the hands of anyone.
homecomfort
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Franco-Belge,+ Penn Stove
Stove/Furnace Model: Normandie, + Chubby

Re: Gun control

PostBy: grumpy On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:19 pm

homecomfort wrote:after having little choice but to listen to an extreme right wing radio garbage program for 20 minutes, I can see why listeners are scared. this program was scary, to the extent that there are people who actually suck that crap up, and take it as gospel. that is scary. brain washing has made these people afraid of their own shadow, like a case of week knee, only applies to common sense. add to that, now thousands more guns to the millions already out there, and a new cure for the boogeyman, more guns, in the hands of anyone.



Right, left, what does it matter, it's all BS. But that does not change the fact we are moving into a police state. If you don't see that your head is in the sand.
grumpy
 

Re: Gun control

PostBy: coalkirk On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:42 pm

samhill wrote:If your so afraid of your Gov. what the hell are you still doing here? You all make the U.S. sound worse than some third world country run by a dictator, just because the one you wanted in office lost your running scared or is it you have always been running? I may be an older person but I sure don't see what is being described here.


Sam I think at least in my case, its a matter of geographical reality. I just googled Linesboro, Pa and saw where it is on the map. I'm sure it's beautiful there and probably kinda Mayberry like. I'm 30 minutes north of Baltimore City as the crow flies. I live in a rural area but if the city suddenly was attacked by a chemical, biological or radialogical weapon, which is not so far fetched anymore, refugees would be streaming out of the city through my area. I would certainly try to help folks that need it and have good intentions. I just happen to think that in such a panic, mob mentality takes over and there would be mobs of marauding home invaders. The law would have its hands full and could not respond to the shear number of events. Being able to defend my home and family from such an onslaught is my right.

I'm ok with what I consider reasonable gun control. Here's what I think a person should have to do to own a gun. First pass a background check that includes criminal and mental health criteria. Either prove you are proficient with the weapon or be required to take training to become proficient with it. Store the weapon so that it cannot be stolen or "borrowed" by someone else. That's reasonable gun control. It doesn't matter if my gun's clip holds 10 rounds or 30 rounds. It doesn't matter if it looks scary to a person not familiar with guns.

Interestingly, today I just saw it reported today that more people are killed in this country with hammers and clubs than with guns.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Gun control

PostBy: plumb-r On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:09 pm

"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and institute new government" Words to live by, and a good reason for a gun! :D
plumb-r
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 608 Energy Master I Stoker

Re: Gun control

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:13 pm

homecomfort wrote:after having little choice but to listen to an extreme right wing radio garbage program for 20 minutes, I can see why listeners are scared. this program was scary, to the extent that there are people who actually suck that crap up, and take it as gospel. that is scary. brain washing has made these people afraid of their own shadow, like a case of week knee, only applies to common sense. add to that, now thousands more guns to the millions already out there, and a new cure for the boogeyman, more guns, in the hands of anyone.



Just to correct your adding. There are 10s of thousands more guns out there in the last month. Maybe 100s of thousands. And yet crime still goes down.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Gun control

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:14 pm

plumb-r wrote:"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and institute new government" Words to live by, and a good reason for a gun! :D


Be careful with talk like that! You'll wind up on a watch list. :)
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Gun control

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:18 pm

CK, I don't know where Linesboro is or if you just mistyped but it is nice here in Linesville, I grew up in Duquesne, Pa. & lived pretty much in the Pittsburgh area until a little over 5 years ago. Not so nice there but no where near the gloom & doom that is being described here. I'm not insinuating anything against anyone but I'm wondering if it was paranoia like this back in prewar Germany that instilled fear into otherwise rational people. Fear can be a powerful adversary but with all this brave talk I just wonder if your aim will be so good when the target is firing back, it's a whole different ballgame when that target is a human armed or not, still a human being. It seems to me that some want all these rights without ever having paid for them, don't forget that freedom has never been free but fear is cheap.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Gun control

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:32 pm

samhill wrote:CK, I don't know where Linesboro is or if you just mistyped but it is nice here in Linesville, I grew up in Duquesne, Pa. & lived pretty much in the Pittsburgh area until a little over 5 years ago. Not so nice there but no where near the gloom & doom that is being described here. I'm not insinuating anything against anyone but I'm wondering if it was paranoia like this back in prewar Germany that instilled fear into otherwise rational people. Fear can be a powerful adversary but with all this brave talk I just wonder if your aim will be so good when the target is firing back, it's a whole different ballgame when that target is a human armed or not, still a human being. It seems to me that some want all these rights without ever having paid for them, don't forget that freedom has never been free but fear is cheap.


Freedom is always free. You were born with it, endowed by your Creator.

Keeping it is another matter. Sometimes, it slips away while no one is looking.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Gun control

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:43 pm

You keep on believing that Jpete, we have been down this road before so before I say something patriotic & being chastised for it I'll just be done with this subject. Now if you'll excuse me it's a clear night so I'm gonna run out & see if the sky is really falling, my monies on the sun coming up in the morning.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Gun control

PostBy: KLook On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:45 pm

Sam, if there had been a little more fear or recognition of what was coming in prewar Germany maybe it would have been averted? Ya think? What are you saying? We are going that route and you don't want us firing back? Or we are incapable of doing so? HUH??? I grew up with a whole slew of Vietnam vets and I have to say, you are one of a kind. You denigrate anyone else's ability to kill or think. You throw your service in our faces every chance you get. And somehow you think we are supposed to buy it or your service? I asked many vets how long it took till they overcame the fear of shooting the wrong person or a friendly. That was usually met with laughter. The only one that didn't laugh was an old WWII friend/mentor I grew up with(Normandy to Berlin) that was silent for awhile and finally said, "It's dark, you don't know who's out there, something moves, you fire,... Ahh bygorry, not everything was the enemy". The horrors of war are known today, its splashed all over the news for christs sake. A 20 year old lunatic can go into a school and shoot kids. And you don't think other people have the capacity to step up and kill when threatened?? Non of us are hoping for it you nut, we are preparing for it. And people like you are trying to stop us. Why is that Sam? Are you on the Nazi/Progressive side? Socialist prehaps? Of course you realize all the political descriptions are the same, they are all opposed to Capitalism and freedom. No matter which one you actually are.

Kevin

Hahahah you called it Sam! Wrap yourself up in the flag. I typed this while you were responding to jpete and I still stand by it.
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: Gun control

PostBy: coalkirk On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:52 pm

Sam, yes meant to type Linesville.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Gun control

PostBy: plumb-r On: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 pm

"homecomfort" It's not the right wing stuff that's got us worked up is the commie left side stuff that's got us buying guns. You just keep talking, and we'll keep buying. Fwi there where 2.8 million gun checks done last month a new record. :D
plumb-r
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 608 Energy Master I Stoker