Gun control

Re: Gun control

PostBy: VigIIPeaBurner On: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:02 pm

SuperBeetle wrote:Oh my, looks like we need hammer control now too.

http://www.eveningsun.com/localnews/ci_ ... -taneytown


Ah, cascade logic evident again! Just had this conversation with my son. This is from 2005 and AFIK didn't go anywhere. Just another example of public health advocates experiencing tunnel vision.
Next, cricket mallets and steel toed shoes?
VigIIPeaBurner
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Re: Gun control

PostBy: Ed.A On: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:08 pm

VigIIPeaBurner wrote:
SuperBeetle wrote:Oh my, looks like we need hammer control now too.

http://www.eveningsun.com/localnews/ci_ ... -taneytown


Ah, cascade logic evident again! Just had this conversation with my son. This is from 2005 and AFIK didn't go anywhere. Just another example of public health advocates experiencing tunnel vision.
Next, cricket mallets and steel toed shoes?


Hey, don't laugh. BASEBALL BATS are listed as on e of the most wildy used weapons in the US...steeled toes shoes? ehh not so much, but golf clubs are pretty high.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Gun control

PostBy: grumpy On: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Ed.A wrote:
VigIIPeaBurner wrote:
SuperBeetle wrote:Oh my, looks like we need hammer control now too.

http://www.eveningsun.com/localnews/ci_ ... -taneytown


Ah, cascade logic evident again! Just had this conversation with my son. This is from 2005 and AFIK didn't go anywhere. Just another example of public health advocates experiencing tunnel vision.
Next, cricket mallets and steel toed shoes?


Hey, don't laugh. BASEBALL BATS are listed as on e of the most wildy used weapons in the US...steeled toes shoes? ehh not so much, but golf clubs are pretty high.



Yeah that is true..
grumpy
 


Re: Gun control

PostBy: VigIIPeaBurner On: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Ed.A wrote:Hey, don't laugh. BASEBALL BATS are listed as on e of the most wildy used weapons in the US...steeled toes shoes? ehh not so much, but golf clubs are pretty high.


Yeah, I can imagine the american version of a cricket mallet - the baseball bat - being a weapon of choice. There's a big guy that often walks around our neighborhood caring one openly in one hand. I asked him one time and he said it was for bear attacks :?

The steel toed shoes were a throw back to Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange, Malcolm McDowell's Singing in the Rain scene. That couple could have used a gun at hand with that band of characters. But that was just a movie ...
VigIIPeaBurner
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Re: Gun control

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Here is one place we can be heard just a start.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/1 ... 09324.html
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Gun control

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:36 pm

Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Gun control

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Gun control

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:10 am

Flyer5 wrote:http://clashdaily.com/2012/12/school-obamas-daughters-attend-has-11-armed-guards/

Yeah that figures. "Do as I say not as I do". Nothing like a hypocrite to be our leader. He is willing to protect his own but not ours. :nono: That really pisses me off.
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Re: Gun control

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:23 am

Got a news flash for some of you, that school has armed guards not only because of the S.S. but because of all the others that can afford to pay for it. You think that when the Bush girls or Clinton's daughter went to school (even college) they didn't have protection? What do you think that's a public school, there are a lot of private schools that have protection.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Gun control

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:31 am

samhill wrote:Got a news flash for some of you, that school has armed guards not only because of the S.S. but because of all the others that can afford to pay for it. You think that when the Bush girls or Clinton's daughter went to school (even college) they didn't have protection? What do you think that's a public school, there are a lot of private schools that have protection.


And your point is what? You think only those with the $$ should have protection? Obummer is a first class hypocrite. Sorry Sam, that's the way it is. You can't have it one way for "them" and another for "we the people".
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Re: Gun control

PostBy: beemerboy On: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:52 am

beemerboy
 
Stove/Furnace Make: SAEY
Stove/Furnace Model: Hannover 1

Re: Gun control

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Show me where I implied that SB, it's just the way it is & it didn't start with Obama no matter how hard you all try & convince yourselves of that. What do you want to do put X amount of armed guards in every school in the country & take away my $3 hike in Vets Disability check to pay for it, you have to get realistic, as a nation we can't afford it but it may help some if everybody has to pass some kind of a background check before they can buy & they can't sell or keep claiming their gun was stolen month after month with out a paper trail at the very least. Sure the guns in the wrong hands are still out there but it would be a start at the very least to slow them down & the legit gun owner could still buy all they want.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Gun control

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Sam, I NEVER stated it started with Obummer. He did however go on national television and run his mouth. He has lyin' Joe in charge of this gun thing and that's just sad. Sam, if Obummer and his family are protected by "assault weapons" don't "we the people have the same rights"? His kids are protected at school by guns and therefore shouldn't the poor folk like us have the same protection? You just can not have it both ways. He and his family are no better than mine or anybody else. He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Re: Gun control

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:39 pm

beemerboy wrote:Interactive list of people killed by guns since Sandy Hook school in Newtown, CT

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/crime/2012/12/gun_death_tally_every_american_gun_death_since_newtown_sandy_hook_shooting.html



And its very probable that number could be much less if there was someone close by that had a fire arm and was able to stop the attacker. Such as the case with the mall shooting in Washington, the armed citizen may have stopped what could have been the largest shooting in history. That's the thing its hard to know the actual # of people saved because some law abiding citizen had a fire arm. Also common sense could have stopped a few others like leaving a loaded gun where a child can get it. Also some stupid B$^%$h buying guns for someone. She should get life anything less should be a poor example of our system. They need to enforce laws that are currently in place instead of making more.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Gun control

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:16 pm

SB, here's another one for you to get mad about, the difference being that there is a tuition for these schools it would be nice but I can barely afford the school taxes now & I no longer have school age children. IMO if the parents of school age children want armed guards then they should pay for it, why should those that own property & not use the service have to pay a school tax? Think about this for awhile.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75