Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:22 pm

KLook wrote:But it was a GOOD gun. You know, the kind the cops carry. Made different and everything, they only shoot bad guys. The kind you and I get shoot kids, grandparents, clerks and tellers, you and I. Gotta get me one of those good kinds.

Kevin



I see your point and will be melting mine down later today. Maybe they should also ban people with 3 first names as well.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:23 pm

The Colobine School had an armed police officer on duty in the school & another responded within a minute of hearing shots. How many armed guards does it take?
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:33 pm

samhill wrote:The Colobine School had an armed police officer on duty in the school & another responded within a minute of hearing shots. How many armed guards does it take?



And they tried to take out everyone with bombs and they luckily failed. Could have much worse if the police were not there as quickly. http://schoolworkplay2011.blogspot.com/ ... facts.html
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer


Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Police had nothing to do with the bombs not being made correctly, a couple pipe bombs did work, they were out gunned or out shot but they weren't hit (I believe) & they didn't hit or even slow the kids down much. Thinking about it my school district has around 6 or 7 buildings in 4 different locations & we have one cop in Linesville where 3 buildings are but he works for the city, where do all these cops come from? The state police usually average an hour depending on where they were on Rt. 79. There are many places like where I live, we don't all have local police forces, most around here can't afford to pay their taxes now but then again they could cut SS to pay for it but that's another thread.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:21 pm

samhill wrote:Police had nothing to do with the bombs not being made correctly, a couple pipe bombs did work, they were out gunned or out shot but they weren't hit (I believe) & they didn't hit or even slow the kids down much. Thinking about it my school district has around 6 or 7 buildings in 4 different locations & we have one cop in Linesville where 3 buildings are but he works for the city, where do all these cops come from? The state police usually average an hour depending on where they were on Rt. 79. There are many places like where I live, we don't all have local police forces, most around here can't afford to pay their taxes now but then again they could cut SS to pay for it but that's another thread.



I wasn't trying to imply that the cops stopped the bombs. Just the fact that the cops arrived stopped them from shooting more than they did. I really am not trying to say all teachers should have guns. Just let it be possible for them to have them. Those kids planned that massacre for a long time. They were still cowards in the sense they tried to blow the school up first. If there was a possibility they would meet more resistance than a surprised security guard or 2,they may have chose not to enter. To people with the mentality of those murderers the uniform is just a target. Concealed carry leaves the element of unknown and also the ability to surprise the attacker.
I am not so much against gun control. I just think there is enough in place already and it is not properly enforced. Banning a certain type of weapon will not stop anything period, there are already so many out there it won't change a thing. What they need to do is enforce the laws we have. Make stronger penalties for gun dealers that are not ethical for who they sell to. Make background checks necessary for every transaction. If there is question make the person wait 48 or 72 hrs. Make an enforceable law that says if a gun is stolen it has to be reported within a certain time period. ( I know it wouldn't have mattered with Newtown) I mean if you don't know you have guns stolen within 24hrs you are irresponsible and probably should not own them. If parents have guns, they should have all firearms either on their person or close by under the gun owners close care, or be locked up in a safe. The biometric safes open very quickly and make fast access if needed. Or some other type of lock trigger or barrel at very least no loaded guns just laying around. Common sense, If you do not feel you have common sense and are clumsy or forgetful and don't trust yourself maybe you should just own a tazer instead.
But punishing many for the acts of a few is mostly why I have been so passionate about this. I value and respect everyone's opinion. But responsible gun owner opinions should also be respected as well. I know where my guns are at all times. If I do not have it on my person it is difficult to get at.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:35 pm

The security guard was an on duty police officer with 15 years experience the other one that got their in a minute was a motorcycle cop that just happened to be close. I'm just saying I don't think this is the answer, it's way after the fact but both these kids were lets say different & were bullied for it, there were other things that most all have in common but I would get called names again & so close to Christmas. :oops:
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: lsayre On: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:39 pm

If guns are so bad, then why are politicians generally surrounded by gun toting goons on steroids and testosterone? The more important the politician, the more gun toting goons. The Constitution was supposed to place limits upon government, not citizens, but that aside, this clearly proves that despite their blather, politicians think guns are great.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:06 pm

Flyer5 wrote:
I'm On Fire wrote:I stopped reading once they started the blaming of video games and movies. That right there is a bunch of bullshit. Here I was reconsidering rejoining the NRA but since they've now resorted to blaming video games and movies they can go pound salt.



But should there be a game named kindergarten killers?

I don't blame the games but I don't feel people that are not in touch with reality already should not be playing them. I know someone who lets there 5yr old play some of these and she wonders why he can be hard to control at times. Gets back to parenting.


First of all, it's "Kindergarten Killer" not plurar. Secondly, it's a flash game. Which means it's web based. Third, the site the game is on went dormant in 2005 which means no one gives a flying *censored* about the game. It's irrelevant and just shows that they were grabbing at straws. Bulletstorm? Seriously? It takes place in space. You kill monsters. Grand Theft Auto? Please. Nothing about that game screams reality. It's set in a fake city, using fake guns, and fake cars.

Guns aren't the problem. Games aren't the problem. Movies aren't the problem. Music aren't the problem. It's piss poor parenting. It's having both god damn parents working. When I was growing up both of my parents were home for me. I played games. Started in the 1980's with Wasteland, Q-Bert, Zork. I'm 35 now, I still play games. My current catalogue includea games like, Wasteland, Grand Theft Auto, Fallout, Call of Duty, Saints Row, Halo, Medal of Honor.

I've done everything in these games that these *censored* idiot retards claim make people shoot people. Wrong. I had good parents who taught me the difference between this is real and this is a work of interactive art. My father introduced me to video games. My 13 year old step son also plays these games and my wife are home for both my kids. When he does something wrong he's punished. He knows the difference between a stupid game and reality. I'm so *censored* sick of this *censored*. Everytime some *censored* flies off the handle they immediately go to 'Oh da vidya gaemz iz da cauz!' No, you *censored* brain dead politician it's the parents fault for not being parents. I play games to get away from reality, to unwind. I don't play games killing demons in Doom because I'm training to kill people. I play because it's entertaining and allows me to escape the bullshit of reality. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to go play Fallout: New Vegas and help the Powder Gangers slaughter everyone in Goodsprings because I feel like it.

Oh, when my son first started playing these game he had one game and got to play for 1/2 an hour. He was then told the first time he acts anything he does in the game in real life with any of his friends or lashes out at anyone that would be the end of it. That was four years ago and now his Xbox 360 games catalogue surpasses mine. I still have more PC games than him.
Last edited by I'm On Fire on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:08 pm

lsayre wrote:If guns are so bad, then why are politicians generally surrounded by gun toting goons on steroids and testosterone? The more important the politician, the more gun toting goons. The Constitution was supposed to place limits upon government, not citizens, but that aside, this clearly proves that despite their blather, politicians think guns are great.



This is my point, we are ok with gunships flying around when the POTUS comes for a visit. What if the pilot of the f-18 lost it and opened up the weapons while flying over say NY or Washington. The logic of banning certain weapons and not letting teachers carry if they choose just eludes me.
I used to fly ultralight aircraft. It was more fun than flying a tin can, then the FAA got more involved and prices doubled the enjoyment was diminished. Over 500 hrs in my little lawn chair with wings and I never bothered anyone. Now they are attacking something else I have come to enjoy for no good reason. I enjoy the building process and how they operate. Fact is faux military rifles are not responsible for the shooting. Evil does not exist in a piece of machinery. It only exists in people.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:
First of all, it's "Kindergarten Killer" not plurar. Secondly, it's a flash game. Which means it's web based. Third, the site the game is on went dormant in 2005 which means no one gives a flying *censored* about the game. It's irrelevant and just shows that they were grabbing at straws. Bulletstorm? Seriously? It takes place in space. You kill monsters. Grand Theft Auto? Please. Nothing about that game screams reality. It's set in a fake city, using fake guns, and fake cars.

Guns aren't the problem. Games aren't the problem. Movies aren't the problem. Music aren't the problem. It's piss poor parenting. It's having both god damn parents working. When I was growing up both of my parents were home for me. I played games. Started in the 1980's with Wasteland, Q-Bert, Zork. I'm 35 now, I still play games. My current catalogue includea games like, Wasteland, Grand Theft Auto, Fallout, Call of Duty, Saints Row, Halo, Medal of Honor.

I've done everything in these games that these *censored* idiot retards claim make people shoot people. Wrong. I had good parents who taught me the difference between this is real and this is a work of interactive art. My father introduced me to video games. My 13 year old step son also plays these games and my wife are home for both my kids. When he does something wrong he's punished. He knows the difference between a stupid game and reality. I'm so *censored* sick of this *censored*. Everytime some *censored* flies off the handle they immediately go to 'Oh da vidya gaemz iz da cauz!' No, you *censored* brain dead politician it's the parents fault for not being parents. I play games to get away from reality, to unwind. I don't play games killing demons in Doom because I'm training to kill people. I play because it's entertaining and allows me to escape the bullshit of reality. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to go play Fallout: New Vegas and help the Powder Gangers slaughter everyone in Goodsprings because I feel like it.



Oh no! We cant blame the Parents of, or the assailant himself ( He was troubled) . We cant blame the school or the system supposed to keep the children safe. We cant blame the laws that allow mass shootings to happen. We must push the blame to an organization and it members who promote a responsible armed society. How many of these shooters belong to the NRA?
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Flyer5 wrote:
I'm On Fire wrote:
First of all, it's "Kindergarten Killer" not plurar. Secondly, it's a flash game. Which means it's web based. Third, the site the game is on went dormant in 2005 which means no one gives a flying *censored* about the game. It's irrelevant and just shows that they were grabbing at straws. Bulletstorm? Seriously? It takes place in space. You kill monsters. Grand Theft Auto? Please. Nothing about that game screams reality. It's set in a fake city, using fake guns, and fake cars.

Guns aren't the problem. Games aren't the problem. Movies aren't the problem. Music aren't the problem. It's piss poor parenting. It's having both god damn parents working. When I was growing up both of my parents were home for me. I played games. Started in the 1980's with Wasteland, Q-Bert, Zork. I'm 35 now, I still play games. My current catalogue includea games like, Wasteland, Grand Theft Auto, Fallout, Call of Duty, Saints Row, Halo, Medal of Honor.

I've done everything in these games that these *censored* idiot retards claim make people shoot people. Wrong. I had good parents who taught me the difference between this is real and this is a work of interactive art. My father introduced me to video games. My 13 year old step son also plays these games and my wife are home for both my kids. When he does something wrong he's punished. He knows the difference between a stupid game and reality. I'm so *censored* sick of this *censored*. Everytime some *censored* flies off the handle they immediately go to 'Oh da vidya gaemz iz da cauz!' No, you *censored* brain dead politician it's the parents fault for not being parents. I play games to get away from reality, to unwind. I don't play games killing demons in Doom because I'm training to kill people. I play because it's entertaining and allows me to escape the bullshit of reality. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to go play Fallout: New Vegas and help the Powder Gangers slaughter everyone in Goodsprings because I feel like it.



Oh no! We cant blame the Parents of, or the assailant himself ( He was troubled) . We cant blame the school or the system supposed to keep the children safe. We cant blame the laws that allow mass shootings to happen. We must push the blame to an organization and it members who promote a responsible armed society. How many of these shooters belong to the NRA?


I don't have an issue with the NRA. I am however annoyed by their statement that games are the problem..or part of it...I don't know, how many of them are members? I'm sure the NRA doesn't want that getting out.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:I don't have an issue with the NRA. I am however annoyed by their statement that games are the problem..or part of it...I don't know, how many of them are members? I'm sure the NRA doesn't want that getting out.



The games do need to be age appropriate, but I agree they are not to blame. I have never been interested in them so I cannot understand your view. And I don't feel we should take them away from you either. But he did have a point comparing it to a type of *censored*, but maybe not the best comparison. I don't think many responsible parents would let their influential minded children watch *censored* for 8hrs a day. Especially interactive *censored*. Parents need to get responsible for raising their children. And actually pay attention to what is going on. It sounds like most if not all people on this form who have been involved in these threads are pretty involved in their kids lives. That's at least promising no matter what their view is towards guns.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Flyer5 wrote:
I'm On Fire wrote:I don't have an issue with the NRA. I am however annoyed by their statement that games are the problem..or part of it...I don't know, how many of them are members? I'm sure the NRA doesn't want that getting out.



The games do need to be age appropriate, but I agree they are not to blame. I have never been interested in them so I cannot understand your view. And I don't feel we should take them away from you either. But he did have a point comparing it to a type of *censored*, but maybe not the best comparison. I don't think many responsible parents would let their influential minded children watch *censored* for 8hrs a day. Especially interactive *censored*. Parents need to get responsible for raising their children. And actually pay attention to what is going on. It sounds like most if not all people on this form who have been involved in these threads are pretty involved in their kids lives. That's at least promising no matter what their view is towards guns.


Age appropriate I completely agree with. Comparing them to *censored* is just stupid. My wife and I are very involved with our children's lives. I do not own any guns. But would if I could afford them.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:35 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:
Flyer5 wrote:
I'm On Fire wrote:I don't have an issue with the NRA. I am however annoyed by their statement that games are the problem..or part of it...I don't know, how many of them are members? I'm sure the NRA doesn't want that getting out.



The games do need to be age appropriate, but I agree they are not to blame. I have never been interested in them so I cannot understand your view. And I don't feel we should take them away from you either. But he did have a point comparing it to a type of *censored*, but maybe not the best comparison. I don't think many responsible parents would let their influential minded children watch *censored* for 8hrs a day. Especially interactive *censored*. Parents need to get responsible for raising their children. And actually pay attention to what is going on. It sounds like most if not all people on this form who have been involved in these threads are pretty involved in their kids lives. That's at least promising no matter what their view is towards guns.


Age appropriate I completely agree with. Comparing them to *censored* is just stupid. My wife and I are very involved with our children's lives. I do not own any guns. But would if I could afford them.



Thats why I said maybe not the best comparison. But still to graphic for a lot of kids not all but a lot of them. My friends kid as an example. Divorced mom kid with a lot of energy 5yrs old he plays batman for hrs a day because she just needs a break. But then he is wound up.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Entire statement/transcript from the NRA

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:37 am

Yup. Which is why we control what our son plays and for how long. He gets about 2 hours a day. Once in the morning. Once a night. Rest of the time he's outside or playing with his sister.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator