The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

Forum rules
As the title "Thoughtful and Intelligent Debates" implies we want quality discussion in this forum. If you're going to post a new topic or reply to one here please make sure it fits the following guidelines.

  • Clear and descriptive title for your topic.
  • You don't need to write a book but please have a reasonable amount of material to support or dispute what you are discussing.
  • Outside references to material to support or dispute your argument can be used but they should not wholly make up your argument. If for example you reference a news article please explain exactly what you are referencing and why.
  • Stay on topic, while topics will wander in the general forums we want to keep them strictly on topic in this forum. Flaming will not be tolerated at all.

Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: Freddy On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:10 am

I don't believe the feds will ever try to take all of our guns. One reason: Money. The government....especially the government described here....the one that wants to control us like sheep... does not want people control as much as it wants money control. The idea of "taking all out guns" must certainly imply that "no more weapons need to be manufactured". So... stopping manufacture? Ha! We make almost 6 million guns a year in the USA & we import about half that again! Think about putting 300,000 people out of work and about 3 billion dollars a year off the books. I don't think for a second the feds will allow that. They may be greedy, but they're not stupid.
Freddy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: SteveZee On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:36 am

Freddy wrote:I don't believe the feds will ever try to take all of our guns. One reason: Money. The government....especially the government described here....the one that wants to control us like sheep... does not want people control as much as it wants money control. The idea of "taking all out guns" must certainly imply that "no more weapons need to be manufactured". So... stopping manufacture? Ha! We make almost 6 million guns a year in the USA & we import about half that again! Think about putting 300,000 people out of work and about 3 billion dollars a year off the books. I don't think for a second the feds will allow that. They may be greedy, but they're not stupid.


Quite right Freddie. We have the largest small weapons manufacturing (large too) on the planet. We make em for everyone. We don't discriminate.
SteveZee
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:24 am

SteveZee wrote:
Freddy wrote:I don't believe the feds will ever try to take all of our guns. One reason: Money. The government....especially the government described here....the one that wants to control us like sheep... does not want people control as much as it wants money control. The idea of "taking all out guns" must certainly imply that "no more weapons need to be manufactured". So... stopping manufacture? Ha! We make almost 6 million guns a year in the USA & we import about half that again! Think about putting 300,000 people out of work and about 3 billion dollars a year off the books. I don't think for a second the feds will allow that. They may be greedy, but they're not stupid.





Quite right Freddie. We have the largest small weapons manufacturing (large too) on the planet. We make em for everyone. We don't discriminate.




We already know Obama does not care about creating jobs. Our economy has added some jobs in spite of 0 not because of 0.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer


Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:50 pm

Freddy wrote:I don't believe the feds will ever try to take all of our guns. One reason: Money. The government....especially the government described here....the one that wants to control us like sheep... does not want people control as much as it wants money control. The idea of "taking all out guns" must certainly imply that "no more weapons need to be manufactured". So... stopping manufacture? Ha! We make almost 6 million guns a year in the USA & we import about half that again! Think about putting 300,000 people out of work and about 3 billion dollars a year off the books. I don't think for a second the feds will allow that. They may be greedy, but they're not stupid.

But if they take the guns, then they can ram through what they REALLY want. Constitution will be in the circular file, & we will have lost 237 years of freedom in one fell swoop.

I've been telling my buddies since Obama first got elected to join the NRA and fight, because they're gonna try to take them. I was called a conspiracy theorist, & crazy ... & they'd NEVER try to do that. Now they're realizing they should've listened to me.
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: freetown fred On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:12 pm

"WALK SOFTLY and CARRY A BIG STICK--just an old farmers thoughts ;)
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:59 pm

SMITTY wrote:
Freddy wrote:I don't believe the feds will ever try to take all of our guns. One reason: Money. The government....especially the government described here....the one that wants to control us like sheep... does not want people control as much as it wants money control. The idea of "taking all out guns" must certainly imply that "no more weapons need to be manufactured". So... stopping manufacture? Ha! We make almost 6 million guns a year in the USA & we import about half that again! Think about putting 300,000 people out of work and about 3 billion dollars a year off the books. I don't think for a second the feds will allow that. They may be greedy, but they're not stupid.

But if they take the guns, then they can ram through what they REALLY want. Constitution will be in the circular file, & we will have lost 237 years of freedom in one fell swoop.

I've been telling my buddies since Obama first got elected to join the NRA and fight, because they're gonna try to take them. I was called a conspiracy theorist, & crazy ... & they'd NEVER try to do that. Now they're realizing they should've listened to me.


Ah don't worry we still think your crazy. You do burn coal after all. Just sayin. :D
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:55 pm

freetown fred wrote:"WALK SOFTLY and CARRY A BIG STICK--just an old farmers thoughts ;)


Do you have to have a background check to get a big stick?

What's the waiting period on obtaining one? :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Flyer5 wrote: Ah don't worry we still think your crazy. You do burn coal after all. Just sayin. :D

:shh: The state will take the rest of my guns away if they find that out! I'll have to carry a stick .... :D
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: KLook On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:25 pm

The gov. would love you to bring a stick, no matter how big, to a gunfight. ;)

Kevin
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Yep they're trying ....
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: 009to090 On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:27 pm

Obumers' list is out ....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01 ... ence-plan/

Oh, I see Flyer5 beat me to it....
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Share this with everyone.
This is the mentality of a lot of the people I have spoken to.

http://dcclothesline.com/2013/02/19/is- ... evolution/
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: 009to090 On: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:43 am

GABBY GIFFORD WITH AR 15

http://www.infowars.com/gabby-giffords-ar-15/
The photo was taken in October, 2010, prior to Giffords suffering a near fatal gun wound to the head during a political event in January, 2011
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: waldo lemieux On: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:59 pm

f5,
To bring about the change we all want we dont need any guns. We just need to get enough people to get off the couch and vote.Vote only on the gun control issue if there are enough voters. It requires no violence just a coordinated voter effort. Thats where we need to start,sign poeple up to vote only along the gun control line, and if were in the majority, theyre out ,its that simple. And this effort needs to start at the state/local level ,where a candidates stance/vote on gun control is easily accounted for. If we cant get out enough votes for this cause then there is no way were gonna get those same voters to pick up a gun and report to a skirmish line.... :notsure:

Waldo
waldo lemieux
 
Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: s-20

Re: The repeal of the Second Amendment, could it be done by ...

PostBy: DieselBob On: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:00 pm

waldo lemieux wrote:f5,
If we cant get out enough votes for this cause then there is no way were gonna get those same voters to pick up a gun and report to a skirmish line.... :notsure:

Waldo


I don't see that ever happening. People will always vote their pocketbook no matter what and far to many have jobs that are either directly or indirectly tied to the government growing ever bigger and handing out goodies(contracts) to the private sector. A very easy example is one of my friends that is union worker. He goes hunting every fall and complains about all the increasing costs of permits, new guns, ammo and the PITA background checks if he wants a new gun but come election time the union local tells him he needs to vote for candidate X to support the union and keep the good money jobs coming and he faithfully does that. The same candidates that vote year after year for the tax and fee increases he complains about. I asked him once why he did that and his answer was very simple, “I need a good job more than a gun”. As long as this is the sediment of the average citizen there is little hope of things changing through the ballet box and there are even less willing to go toe to toe with the government so even a armed revolt is not a real concern.
DieselBob