New York Gun Control Law

New York Gun Control Law

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:27 am

Jumping out ahead of Washington, New York state enacted the nation's toughest gun restrictions Tuesday and the first since the Connecticut school massacre, including an expanded assault-weapon ban and background checks for buying ammunition.


http://www.eveningsun.com/nationworldne ... ontrol-law
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Re: New York Gun Control Law

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:55 am

So they lowered the magazine limit from 10 to 7. The Newtown shooter had a Connecticut compliant firearm so it already had 10 rd magazines. The only thing illegal about the rifle and or pistols used was the fact its was obtained by murdering someone. I watched a lot of the discussion before voting and even the people that voted yes agreed that the new NY laws will do little to stop any of these situations but they needed to do something. The whole package is severely flawed there are so many amendments already to make corrections. Communism at its finest.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: New York Gun Control Law

PostBy: Dirty Steve On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:05 am

To quote Brando, "The horror, the horror, the horror......" :sick: :sick: :sick: :help:
Dirty Steve
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil- Off line
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6


Re: New York Gun Control Law

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:09 am

Flyer5 wrote:So they lowered the magazine limit from 10 to 7. The Newtown shooter had a Connecticut compliant firearm so it already had 10 rd magazines. The only thing illegal about the rifle and or pistols used was the fact its was obtained by murdering someone. I watched a lot of the discussion before voting and even the people that voted yes agreed that the new NY laws will do little to stop any of these situations but they needed to do something. The whole package is severely flawed there are so many amendments already to make corrections. Communism at its finest.



OOPs I was wrong CT does not have a 10 rd mag limit yet.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: New York Gun Control Law

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:39 pm

You guys know by now this isn't about the kid's safety - it's solely about disarming the populace. That's the left's ultimate agenda.

Once they gut the nation of guns, then they can REALLY bring on "change" & "sustainability".

Guess we're all going to become criminals this year. :roll:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: New York Gun Control Law

PostBy: freetown fred On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:14 pm

again---"WALK SOFTLY and CARRY A BIG STICK" ;)
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: New York Gun Control Law

PostBy: Ed.A On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Flyer5 wrote: OOPs I was wrong CT does not have a 10 rd mag limit yet.


I'm afraid that's about to change.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: New York Gun Control Law

PostBy: Rigar On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:22 pm

O has spoken....what a piece of *censored*
Rigar
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 150
Coal Size/Type: anthracite rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A 150 warm air furnace

Re: New York Gun Control Law

PostBy: mozz On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:53 pm

In response to what Obama has said today.

But in Oregon, Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller wrote a letter to Biden Monday saying his department will not enforce any new gun laws it considers unconstitutional.

Mueller said politicians are "attempting to exploit the deaths of innocent victims" by supporting laws that would harm law-abiding Americans. The sheriff said he took an oath to support the Constitution, and laws preventing citizens from owning certain semi-automatic firearms and ammunition magazines would violate their rights.

"We are Americans," Mueller wrote. "We must not allow, nor shall we tolerate, the actions of criminals, no matter how heinous the crimes, to prompt politicians to enact laws that will infringe upon the liberties of responsible citizens who have broken no laws."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01 ... z2IA4fETGM
mozz
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 1982 AA-130 Steam

Re: New York Gun Control Law

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:59 pm

mozz wrote:In response to what Obama has said today.

But in Oregon, Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller wrote a letter to Biden Monday saying his department will not enforce any new gun laws it considers unconstitutional.

Mueller said politicians are "attempting to exploit the deaths of innocent victims" by supporting laws that would harm law-abiding Americans. The sheriff said he took an oath to support the Constitution, and laws preventing citizens from owning certain semi-automatic firearms and ammunition magazines would violate their rights.

"We are Americans," Mueller wrote. "We must not allow, nor shall we tolerate, the actions of criminals, no matter how heinous the crimes, to prompt politicians to enact laws that will infringe upon the liberties of responsible citizens who have broken no laws."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01 ... z2IA4fETGM



I like that Tim Mueller. He's got a good head on his shoulders and apparently, he's read the Bill of Rights and the Constitution and knows what both actually mean. Wish the rest of the empty soul idiots in the government did.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Re: New York Gun Control Law

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Wish MA had people like that in charge. Everyone's bought and paid for in this state, just like Chicago. :sick: If you stand up for the Constitution in MA, you go nowhere politically. It's as opposite the Founders intent as you can get. :mad:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler