The 2nd Amendment and Obama

Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:57 pm

SMITTY wrote:toothy I'm an angel. I'd never assault anyone with my milk. :lol:





Flyer5 wrote: They are talking about person to person transfers like rifles and sshotguns. In PA and some other free states you can sell a rifle or shotgun privately to someone without doing a background check.That is the Loophole.

I sort of figured that, but the way they present it in the media sounds like gun shows are a "anything goes" free-for-all where we buy shoulder-fired missles, F-16's, M1A2 tanks, and Ma Deuces for our pickups. :roll:


Riiiigggghhhhttttt. I believe that one as soon as your background check comes back. In the meantime you'll need to wait 5-7 days before you can purchase any more milk. :D

And yes, that's exactly the way the media wants it. It's easier for the sheep to believe when the media and government tell them that a sports show or "gun" show is exactly like being in a Middle Eastern Gun Market. You've got H&K, Colt, Armalite, Remington, Mossberg, Taurus all there peddling their "weapons" each salesmen is standing out front of their sand covered tent with an "assault" rifle or RPG in hand and when you approach their tent they demonstrate their wares by firing them into the air to show you how good they are. Not to mention all the naked ladies running about, alcohol and drugs...can't forget the heavy metal music, violent video games and movies too.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:08 pm

Blackrocks wrote:Ok Flyer5....You say they need to fix the real issues. So in your opinion , what are the real issues if not those obsurd guns that serve no purpose other than to kill humans, and those giant clips that hold umpteen rounds for god knows what reason, then what are they and how would YOU fix it.


Rick



The real issues are these target zones / gun free zones . They have yet come out and say we need to make our schools more secure or how to do it. Joe Biden said we do not have the resources to follow up on people trying to buy a gun and being turned down for a background checks or lying on a background checks. My guns serve many purpose's other than killing people, but in the end my right to carry a firearm is just for that so you are correct. If I have to kill or possibly kill someone to protect myself or my family your damn right it is just for that. It sure as hell isn't about hunting and target practice. But my guns will never be used for such by themselves, it will be me in control. Not the chunk of metal. I also have no desire to ever do as such and hope to never have to take a life. But if it comes down to a choice them or me and my family I want to have as much advantage as possible. I have avoided being a criminal by always doing the right thing, and being just how my parents taught me to be responsible for myself. I have always tried to be a good person and help people along the way as well. I also believe it is not the responsibility of a police officer to risk their life to save mine. They have families to go home to just like me. If you choose to rely on 911 and the police that is a personal choice that you are free to make. And I will not push my beliefs on you and I respect yours, but I also expect the same. I refuse to be treated like a criminal or punished as such because of a few. But mostly I refuse to let the criminals have the only advantage. Don't forget some of us do not live 30 seconds from a police station.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: 009to090 On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:37 pm

SMITTY wrote: the way they present it in the media sounds like gun shows are a "anything goes" free-for-all where we buy shoulder-fired missles, F-16's, M1A2 tanks, and Ma Deuces for our pickups. :roll:

If you have your CCP, no backround check needed at the gun show. A backround check is done when you apply for your CCP.
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice


Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Flyer, I don't disagree with most of what you said but I think it would be a wise man that called 911 just to CYA. Then you can truthfully say you did everything possible before (or very shortly after if no ones around) using deadly force, just like you I live where I can't even recall seeing a officer of any kind this year. The one time we did call we got a return call two days later asking if we still needed an officer but then again the wife did say it wasn't life threatening.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: plumb-r On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Being close to a police station doesn't guarantee you will get help when you call. Law enforcement and the government, owes no constitutional duty to protect individual citizens from criminal attack. There are laws and court cases from every state in the US to support this. I'll make the call, but I'll also protect me and my own as I see fit. :)
plumb-r
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 608 Energy Master I Stoker

Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:58 pm

samhill wrote:Flyer, I don't disagree with most of what you said but I think it would be a wise man that called 911 just to CYA. Then you can truthfully say you did everything possible before (or very shortly after if no ones around) using deadly force, just like you I live where I can't even recall seeing a officer of any kind this year. The one time we did call we got a return call two days later asking if we still needed an officer but then again the wife did say it wasn't life threatening.




If there was time. Sure 911 would be first choice. But I don't want it to be my only choice. Actually my first choice is to avoid situations that put me at risk all together if possible.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:01 pm

plumb-r wrote: Law enforcement and the government, owes no constitutional duty to protect individual citizens from criminal attack.



You are 100% correct with that statement. Most people do not understand this.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:52 pm

samhill wrote:Flyer, I don't disagree with most of what you said but I think it would be a wise man that called 911 just to CYA. Then you can truthfully say you did everything possible before (or very shortly after if no ones around) using deadly force, just like you I live where I can't even recall seeing a officer of any kind this year. The one time we did call we got a return call two days later asking if we still needed an officer but then again the wife did say it wasn't life threatening.


That's screwed up. I called 911 one time because my neighbor was being a dick. He was firing off bottle rockets after the noise ordinance went into effect for the day. At the time I was trying to get my baby to go to sleep and she wouldn't because she was scared. I had enough and out of anger called 911. I got yelled at by the dispatcher that the number was for non-emergencies and that if it was just to file a noise complaint I had to call the non-emergency number. After a while my neighbor stopped because he ran out of rockets and I went to bed. 15 minutes after having hung up with them they called back asking if everything was alright and then 20 minutes later I get woken up because I see a light shine in my window. Then it moved to my son's room. I jumped out of the bed and ran to the back door. Sure enough, it was a cop. Luckily he was a friend of mine. He said that as soon as you call 911 regardless of what it's for the closest cop to the call is automatically dispatched to it.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:58 pm

That's the way it works if you have a police force, we are under the watch of the State Police & the nearest is about 30 miles & their main concern is the highway which puts them further away, there is also the chance that one of the Park Ranger may answer a call if on duty & free.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:04 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:
samhill wrote:Flyer, I don't disagree with most of what you said but I think it would be a wise man that called 911 just to CYA. Then you can truthfully say you did everything possible before (or very shortly after if no ones around) using deadly force, just like you I live where I can't even recall seeing a officer of any kind this year. The one time we did call we got a return call two days later asking if we still needed an officer but then again the wife did say it wasn't life threatening.


That's screwed up. I called 911 one time because my neighbor was being a dick. He was firing off bottle rockets after the noise ordinance went into effect for the day. At the time I was trying to get my baby to go to sleep and she wouldn't because she was scared. I had enough and out of anger called 911. I got yelled at by the dispatcher that the number was for non-emergencies and that if it was just to file a noise complaint I had to call the non-emergency number. After a while my neighbor stopped because he ran out of rockets and I went to bed. 15 minutes after having hung up with them they called back asking if everything was alright and then 20 minutes later I get woken up because I see a light shine in my window. Then it moved to my son's room. I jumped out of the bed and ran to the back door. Sure enough, it was a cop. Luckily he was a friend of mine. He said that as soon as you call 911 regardless of what it's for the closest cop to the call is automatically dispatched to it.



One of my neighbors was camping about an hr from his home. He has an alarm system that called him. So he called the police and headed home when he got there and saw nothing wrong he called the police again and the dispatcher said thanks for calling they were just getting ready to leave to head over. They may have been busy but they are also 45 mins driving time.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: Dann757 On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:11 pm

In a home invasion; it's lawless criminals doing the invading. The homeowner more often than not has split seconds to defend him or herself.
-----------
Last edited by Dann757 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dann757
 

Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:22 pm

Dann, I get tired of telling you I have not always lived where I do now, I was born & raised in a small town Duquesne, Pa. & until a few years ago was always in that area besides Nam & a short (less than a year) stay in Miami. I think perhaps your in a perfect little State of mind where everything you deem bad is the fault of a lib & a con can do no wrong, enjoy your stay. :(
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: Dann757 On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:43 pm

Sam, I appreciate your typical emotional reaction as always. I guess your staunch liberalism goes beyond your demographics. My accountant was in Nam too; he's got two purple hearts and a silver star. He doesn't talk about it to bolster himself. Conservative, doesn't waste time on message boards like we do :D
I was under the impression we went to Nam to fight Communism and the domino effect. I know it was a contentious and difficult time for the USA. I don't discount the role of the MIC. I can't understand how you were there to fight communism then; and seem like one now.

I lived in south Florida too. 1980. Check out Miami today, Don't think you would dare drive through it, just like I won't dare drive through Newark. Maybe I'm imagining that.

I was robbed in 2011 as I posted. I remain unarmed due to circumstances, not background. If I get pulled over for a taillight, and there's a BB gun in my truck, it's a mandatory 1-1/2 year sentence in NJ. I am quite deterred. The criminal element is not. I guess I'm fortunate that I didn't hear the sneak theif take my toolboxes out of my truck. If he was armed, bye bye Dan, all I have in the shop is a baseball bat. The lady across the street called the cops when the criminal was in her car. They caught that one, but with the flood of third world escapees, wholly supported by liberal policies, law enforcement is overwhelmed.
Part of Obama's many faceted plan to provoke Americans? I think so.

You don't like the NRA, I love the NRA. Yeah, they're always asking for money, because they're a lobbying group. That allowed Wayne LaPierre to sit in front of the UN and defy their intentions to disarm the entire world.

Dann757
 

Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:18 pm

Dan as I have asked many times before, did all this happen in the last 4 years? Then think about your wording & you accountant, "conservative, doesn't waste time on message boards like we do." Is that because he's a con that he doesn't waste time, a decorated war vet or what? There are only a few here that admit to being on the lib side vbut the vast majority are cons so I guess that leaves that out, I'm a decorated war vet so I guess we're left with the or what. There again if it's not to your liking then it's a lib at fault but I guess that's the way it is in leave it to Beaver land. :lol:
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: The 2nd Amendment and Obama

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:04 pm

The loophole has nothing to do with gun shows but Obummer and his lackey Biden try to make the sheep think otherwise. The said part is the sheep believe what the Messiah and the media tells them.
Can't count on the cops around here to protect me because hey get lost even with GPS. And I live in a development.
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite