Has anybody done this and does the front sheet on the AP520 have enough area to install the larger DF door without getting near the water jacket? If so, the kit to change over is about $300-320 for everything and alot cheaper if you have a used door.
- EFM Rep.
- Posts: 2009
- Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:33 pm
- Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
- Stove/Furnace Make: WCB-24 efm wood-coal boiler
- Stove/Furnace Model: Hearthstone wood stove
I know of a dealer that does it on the old round door plate boilers. (not me!)
Not sure about the front sheet fitting but I would imagine that it would.
You could even turn them into dual fuel units if you wanted.
- Posts: 297
- Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:01 am
- Location: Slate Belt
- Stove/Furnace Make: EFM
- Stove/Furnace Model: 520