Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:32 pm

I would think he should say to step outside, after all there are obviously cons that heard him so he has to make sure the warning shot is fired outside in the air rather than inside. :o The young mother that asked the question was just on the nightly news showing off her glock with 32 round clip, AR-15 & what looked to be a nickel plated 357, so she wasn't really in need of an answer. What she may be in need of is common sense & being truthful, she had an infant & the guns for now were high enough but it's food for thought, at least the 9MM was loaded according to her. They may have been sitting on top of what could have been a gun safe but there again she never said & they didn't say. She talked like the guns were hers & never mentioned her husband which doesn't really matter. The funny thing is this kind of thing is all that presently seems to be a big deal to some, what the heck is the difference how or what you choose to defend yourself with as long as it works for you?
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: SMITTY On: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:39 pm

Sam as usual you missed the point completely .... so let me explain it to you.

Joe Biden is the VERY person, along with other prominent democrats, that will craft gun control legislation. The fact that he would even mention ANY firearm (against the party's obvious agenda) is question #1. So, the next question is, if this guy wants gun control for all of us dirty, unwashed masses why would he suggest doing something COMPLETELY moronic, AND ILLEGAL with a firearm?

Is it that he thinks we're so stupid , that we're all going to start firing shotguns skyward because ol' Joe said it was ok?

Reading the first line of your post tells me this is a common thread with the left -- you guys THINK you are the "elite", and know it all, while Conservatives are the dirty, unwashed rednecks that can't think for themselves. :roll:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:55 pm

Smitty, that first line was meant at a bit of humor, hence the smilie. As I said before not everyone can afford expensive weapons the range of a shotgun as you well know is limited so rather good for close range. I don't recall if Biden lives in Delaware or N.J. or where ever but laws are different everywhere so check with your local laws. It was just what he thought was a reasonable answer to a reasonable question, he didn't state a new Gov. mandate. Someone brought up in past posts about the lady that shot an intruder something like 5 times & he still ran away, how about if he opened that closet door & took a single blast from a 12? If she would have had hollow points then different story, there are all type of possibilities, it's what works best for you. I may some day (hopefully never) have a intruder or two maybe more but I doubt it would be too many but there again if your going to take that chance to break in then do it to a con that has all kind of wealth to hide. (AGAIN :shock: :lol: ;) If you need a 100 round mag go for it, personally I haven't yet & don't believe I ever will. :roll:
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75


Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:47 pm

samhill wrote: If you need a 100 round mag go for it, personally I haven't yet & don't believe I ever will. :roll:


Have you EVER "needed" a gun to defend yourself or your property? Outside of any military service of course.

The only "need" involved in the 2A is the NEED to shoot at an out of control government. Any other argument is missing the point.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: SMITTY On: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:19 pm

HEAR HEAR. :yes:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Once again & still yet Jpete your right as usual, being there you know all about everything but I guess you must have signed on the second page that was lost. I bow to you, a truly great :? ?. I have held a person at gunpoint in defense of someone else & thankfully that turned out OK. How about you Jpete, have you even done anything positive for anyone or anything but yourself, have you ever served, have you ever given rather than take, have you ever done anything except for you or your delusional thoughts about the evil hoards from either side coming to get you? What exactly makes you so all knowing & important that this Gov. even knows how you are yet alone have a vendetta against you? Or is it you simply like to throw your two cents in & change the subject? Just what does what I have done have to do with a choice of self defense weapon?
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:33 pm

samhill wrote:Once again & still yet Jpete your right as usual, being there you know all about everything but I guess you must have signed on the second page that was lost. I bow to you, a truly great :? ?. I have held a person at gunpoint in defense of someone else & thankfully that turned out OK. How about you Jpete, have you even done anything positive for anyone or anything but yourself, have you ever served, have you ever given rather than take, have you ever done anything except for you or your delusional thoughts about the evil hoards from either side coming to get you? What exactly makes you so all knowing & important that this Gov. even knows how you are yet alone have a vendetta against you? Or is it you simply like to throw your two cents in & change the subject? Just what does what I have done have to do with a choice of self defense weapon?


Jesus Christ Sam...even YOU don't listen to you. :)

You made a comment about "needing" a 100 round magazine.

It isn't about "need".

Oh yeah....bite me.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 am

Jpete, what I said about the 100round mag is that if you feel you need one then go for it. That was in the scope of the subject IMO, what my personal history with guns has nothing to do with it. You brought in your disgust & mistrust of an out of control Gov. & your need for something to stop them good luck with that one. As I asked from you several questions that you didn't answer then I guess I was correct with you just wanting to change the subject & bring in your hate for Gov.. I recall in another thread about your assessment of all Gov. employees as being a very high % brainless but by your own admission you are or at least were one of those, collecting Gov. money & educational help from a Gov. you hate is OK but I think that would qualify you as on the Gov. payroll. Don't get me wrong with bringing that up, I would do the same except I wouldn't badmouth & bite the hand that feeds me, I may not be book smart & worldly like you claim to be but I do have common sense.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: rockwood On: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:56 pm

We all know Biden is a bonehead...that's why they don't let him out much. I personally think he is mentally deranged and shudder at the thought that he could become POTUS if something happened to Obamessiah but that's beside the point here.

There are many opinions on what the wording of the 2nd means, even for the definition of the word "people" :roll: but if you look at history, it's crystal clear how important it is for citizens to be armed....but oh how quickly we forget.

If we give up our arms, we are putting our entire trust in the permanent future benevolence of government.
rockwood
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Stokermatic coal furnace
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Rockwood Stoveworks Circulator
Baseburners & Antiques: Malleable/Monarch Range
Coal Size/Type: Soft coal: Lump and stoker (slack coal)

Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:28 pm

samhill wrote:Jpete, what I said about the 100round mag is that if you feel you need one then go for it. That was in the scope of the subject IMO, what my personal history with guns has nothing to do with it. You brought in your disgust & mistrust of an out of control Gov. & your need for something to stop them good luck with that one. As I asked from you several questions that you didn't answer then I guess I was correct with you just wanting to change the subject & bring in your hate for Gov.. I recall in another thread about your assessment of all Gov. employees as being a very high % brainless but by your own admission you are or at least were one of those, collecting Gov. money & educational help from a Gov. you hate is OK but I think that would qualify you as on the Gov. payroll. Don't get me wrong with bringing that up, I would do the same except I wouldn't badmouth & bite the hand that feeds me, I may not be book smart & worldly like you claim to be but I do have common sense.


That's the thing Sam. You say if I "feel I need" to own a 100 rd mag, then I should have one.

Your pal Biden disagrees. He thinks you should have TWO shots which you should waste by shooting in the air.

All this other BS is just that. Your attempt to make this personal against me.

The 2A is included in the Bill of RIGHTS. Not the Bill of NEEDS.

You and Biden's personal opinion on what one "needs" doesn't mean a pi$$ hole in the snow.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:20 pm

Jpete, I think that Biden's & my own opinions are just as much our right as yours, that's where we differ I never said any more than it is a logical means of self defense but yourself & other self righteous defenders of the Constitution & Bill of Rights proceed to say that we have no right to voice said opinions. Just where in there does it say you or anyone else has a right to a certain arm? Where does that right start or stop if not with a well regulated militia being necessary? That first part of the second is always overlooked for some reason, maybe because if you exclude that then you can easily throw in your own meaning & ignore the actual text.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:35 pm

samhill wrote:Jpete, I think that Biden's & my own opinions are just as much our right as yours, that's where we differ I never said any more than it is a logical means of self defense but yourself & other self righteous defenders of the Constitution & Bill of Rights proceed to say that we have no right to voice said opinions. Just where in there does it say you or anyone else has a right to a certain arm? Where does that right start or stop if not with a well regulated militia being necessary? That first part of the second is always overlooked for some reason, maybe because if you exclude that then you can easily throw in your own meaning & ignore the actual text.


"Well regulated" in the context of the 2A means "well trained" not "highly controlled."

You can say what you want. Thankfully, your opinion doesn't change the 2A. Unfortunately, Biden's opinion DOES. And that is the scary thing.

Again, you are talking about "self defense". The Founding Fathers weren't worried about some punk kid breaking in during the night.

They were worried that an over bearing government would oppress them.

The "Shot heard 'round the world" at Lexington and Concord wasn't about a B&E. It was to stop British troops from confiscating an armory and powder magazine.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:52 pm

I had no doubt that you would know exactly what every word & meaning would be, in the statement in question Biden's opinion had no more weight than yours or mine & they are all protected under the First Amendment again IMO but being there & in their minds you would most certainly know for sure. But once again this has nothing to do with anyone's choice of or opinion of what a good home defense weapon would be & once again I think that is highly limited by ones finances & abilities which is all I was trying to get across. Perhaps you would start a post on the true meanings of our F.F. & the U.S. Constitution.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Again. It's not "opinion".

Biden wants to tell you and I what we can own and what we can't.

THAT'S the point of this thread. Not "what's a good home defense weapon."

Biden wants you to have two shots to fire into the sky.

I want anything and everything I can afford to own.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Biden: I'll tell women how to defend themselves

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Jpete, once again "well regulated" is just that & you ignored it by simply changing the wording & not answering the question. Would you please point out where he said what you claim, all I heard was to get a shotgun like he & his wife have, I believe that he implied to fire warning shots into the air guessing that they thought they heard intruders outside. I know that you will know better but as I said that's what I heard & believe by the words spoken, naturally I don't know for sure just speculation on my part. It's good that you buy everything & anything you can afford it keeps the economy & the NRA going.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75